Bassinet Seats on 77W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassinet Seats on 77W

Hi everyone, would like to get some thoughts on the bassinet seat placement on the 77Ws.

ALL bassinet seats are in the D/F, NONE at the window side of the cabin.
    In fact, two bassinets are crammed into D/E/F making it almost certain that parents are certainly separated (since only 3 seats in middle)

As a parent travelling with an infant, it’s awful. Especially on red eye flights. On certain sectors, we have no option but a 77W - MEL is one of them, in April.

I will be doing HKG-MEL & MEL-PVG in April with my 6mth old baby. And ALL sectors are on a 77W!!

I’ve written a couple of feedback letters to SQ. Personally, I feel at least one window side bassinet seat should be allocated...at least since some people (like me) prefer a Window side seat (because I have motion sickness and need to look out the window).

Feels like SQ positioned the bassinet seats with revenue in mind - the window side seats are sold as “extra legroom” seats.

What do you guys thing - anyone has any experiences to share?

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    Personally, I feel at least one window side bassinet seat should be allocated...at least since some people (like me) prefer a Window side seat (because I have motion sickness and need to look out the window).
    If you were suggesting that SQ puts a bassinet at the window trio of of seats, I don't think that's possible unless they changed the entire bulkhead because the bassinet points are already fixed onto the bulkhead.

The best you can get is to get 2 of the 3 centre seats. Or 1 of the 3, and 1 across the aisle. I think SQ wouldn't have an issue allocating that to you? As far as I know once you have an infant in your booking they will waive seat selection fees for everyone in that booking.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
      If you were suggesting that SQ puts a bassinet at the window trio of of seats, I don't think that's possible unless they changed the entire bulkhead because the bassinet points are already fixed onto the bulkhead.

The best you can get is to get 2 of the 3 centre seats. Or 1 of the 3, and 1 across the aisle. I think SQ wouldn't have an issue allocating that to you? As far as I know once you have an infant in your booking they will waive seat selection fees for everyone in that booking.
      Yes, seat selection is not a problem.
      What I’m saying is that by positioning 2 bassinets within the 3 Center seats - it’s quite a squeeze...especially if you’ve got two crying babies lying side by side. And splitting parents across the aisle at the bulkhead...it’s a pain, especially with the human traffic moving around.
      As I pointed out too, there are no window options at all.

I have heard others having the same complaint also. I don’t think it’s too difficult to reposition the bassinet mounts on the bulkhead walls. It’s just a question of whether SQ sees it as a legitimate consideration if enough pax prefer so.

The 77Ws had bassinets in 31 window, before the retrofit.

Comment

Working...
      X