Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MEL] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The website has been updated and the message now reads:

Singapore Airlines’ SilverKris Lounge at Melbourne Airport is currently undergoing renovation works until mid-May 2013.

Comment

Yeah, I passed by SKL in MEL on 12 March, it was indeed under renovation. There was a signage put up to inform pax that the renovation will be until mid-May 2013 and directed them to the United Lounge.

Comment

Thanks for the update DuMaInSin and Slacker - cheers

Comment

Last night chicken drumstick and curry puff @UA is somehow were so yummy..

Comment

I'm guessing United Club will be also extending their opening times for the new 4th daily service, SQ207/208? The new flights begin in April and now the lounge will open mid-may.

Also apparently the renovated MEL lounge won't be featuring SQ's new lounge concepts, I wonder why they didn't implement these new designs for MEL too? Or does SQ have something even better installed for MEL? Something unique like in SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
              I'm guessing United Club will be also extending their opening times for the new 4th daily service, SQ207/208? The new flights begin in April and now the lounge will open mid-may.
              I thought SQ207/208 starts from July?

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
                I thought SQ207/208 starts from July?
                Yes your right, I might have gotten it mistaken for another flight

Comment

Just a quick update, SKL is still under renovation. The MEL staff told me yesterday it's expected to open early June.

It keeps getting delayed, from mid-March to mid-May, and now to early June. I wonder if they will postpone it again when June approaches.

Comment

Yes, I flew out of there a couple of weeks ago and the exact words I was told by staff were "*sigh*....... sometime in June I believe"

Comment

Melbourne Silver Kris Lounge is now officially opened !

New lounge features a new business centre, upgraded showers and food prepared by Cafe Vue. And Faster WIFI ! The lounge is still split into 2 sections; First/Suites and Business.

Comment

Pictures please

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                          Melbourne Silver Kris Lounge is now officially opened !

New lounge features a new business centre, upgraded showers and food prepared by Cafe Vue. And Faster WIFI ! The lounge is still split into 2 sections; First/Suites and Business.
                          So no bigger and still windowless ?.

Look forward to the pics but NZ lounge will probably remain preferable.

Faster Wifi is always welcome, starting at Changi would be a nice idea...

Comment

family and i were none the worse in NZ lounge last mth - more spacious, greater variety of hot food, tarmac views (which fascinated my boy). Lets see SQ match that

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                              family and i were none the worse in NZ lounge last mth - more spacious, greater variety of hot food, tarmac views (which fascinated my boy). Lets see SQ match that
                              OT: Jammed, did the dragon ladies give you much trouble in granting your family access to the lounge? Despite my QPP status, everytime I travel with my family, I've to give them my most endearing smile to request for one additional entry for my grown-up son.

Comment

The location of the SKL in MEL makes it impossible to have windows with a view no matter what SQ does. Unless SQ can negotiate a new location for their lounge with the airport authority on the "ground" floor or above.

I believe only QF First, EK and NZ lounges are on the first floor and ground floor respectively. Everyone else is in the basement - SQ, MH, CX, QF Business, UA.

Anyway, looking forward to visiting the renovated SKL soon :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X