No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ872 (SIN-HKG) operated by 9V-SCB have been diverted to Guangzhou. It was scheduled to depart CAN at 1925 arriving HKG at 2025 but think it might stay grounded at CAN as understand that now arriving flights to HKG are affected as well.

Comment

• SQ872|12AUG (SIN-HKG) operating by 9V-SCB is diverting to Guangzhou.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
        I believe HKG-SFO is crewed separately from SIN-HKG, so a TPE fuel stop could work only if the second crew deadhead or they dredge one up from a SIN-TPE rotation.

Or they could negotiate with AAHK to be allowed to land in HKG for refuelling and crew change (but how are the HKG-SFO crew going to get to the airport?)

Or they could dig up an A359 (ULR?) and operate a special run of SQ33/34 instead.
        They could bring in some extra crews from Sin I think. Do as similar crews arrangements as the ULR flight.

Comment

• If they offload HKG bound pax on SQ2 today, perhaps the payload might be light enough for the 77W can make it non-stop to SFO.
          On the return, it could do a tech-stop in TPE, depending on the payload. If its light enough, perhaps all the way back to SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            If they offload HKG bound pax on SQ2 today, perhaps the payload might be light enough for the 77W can make it non-stop to SFO.
            On the return, it could do a tech-stop in TPE, depending on the payload. If its light enough, perhaps all the way back to SIN
            I don't think SQ Flight Ops would be willing to risk attempting to fly a 77W with pax non stop across the Pacific (then again, I think they've done crazier things, Typhoon Mangkhut anyone?). From looking at Boeing's ACAPS it's barely possible.

I doubt the A359 longhaul schedule has changed even with the addition of 9V-SMV, so there may be some slack to use an A359 if you wanted to fly non stop instead.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

I don't think SQ Flight Ops would be willing to risk attempting to fly a 77W with pax non stop across the Pacific (then again, I think they've done crazier things, Typhoon Mangkhut anyone?). From looking at Boeing's ACAPS it's barely possible.

I doubt the A359 longhaul schedule has changed even with the addition of 9V-SMV, so there may be some slack to use an A359 if you wanted to fly non stop instead.
              Or could they rebook some on UA28?

Comment

• On a side note TR980 seem to be returning to SIN.

Comment

Seem like SQ2 is really going to fly direct to SFO. Scheduled to depart at 2100 hrs

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    SQ872 (SIN-HKG) operated by 9V-SCB have been diverted to Guangzhou. It was scheduled to depart CAN at 1925 arriving HKG at 2025 but think it might stay grounded at CAN as understand that now arriving flights to HKG are affected as well.
                    SQ872 will be returning to SIN at 1940 from Guangzhou. Not sure about the paxes. Most likely will be returning together.

Comment

Seem like SQ2 is really going to fly direct to SFO. Scheduled to depart at 2100 hrs
                      Looks like I'll have plenty of words to eat if they make it (and/or break some records while at it?). FR24 running overnight it is then.

BTW changiairport.com is showing a 2130 departure time?

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      SQ872 will be returning to SIN at 1940 from Guangzhou. Not sure about the paxes. Most likely will be returning together.
                      Perhaps SQ could have arranged ground transportation from CAN to HKG?
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

Due to protests at HK airport authority have cancelled all remaining departure flights for 12/aug. (seem like all flights departing after 6pm are affected )
                        SQ865/871/2 are reflected as cancelled on HK airport website but SQ website never update yet.
                        According to FR24, SQ865 left HKG at 1941.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Looks like I'll have plenty of words to eat if they make it (and/or break some records while at it?). FR24 running overnight it is then.

BTW changiairport.com is showing a 2130 departure time?

Perhaps SQ could have arranged ground transportation from CAN to HKG?
                          I think there is no issue. CX have been flying non stop 777-300ER with even more pax from HK to JFK (flight time of around 16hrs)
                          SQ32 flight time is around 15 hrs for the past week.

Ground transportation might be an issue for those paxes with visa to China. Better to send everyone back
                          Last edited by sbs2716g; 12 August 2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

According to FR24, SQ865 left HKG at 1941.
                            Maybe without paxes. Since the check in counters are closed since 4pm

Comment

• SQ2 12AUG is confirmed to proceed direct to SFO tonight.
                              SQ865 12AUG has left HKG and airborne.
                              SQ872 12AUG will return to Singapore, no timing available / delayed.

Comment

• SQ2 (9V-SWL) is departing at 2100 according to Changi airport site and iCargo from Gate C20.

Meanwhile SQ1 (9V-SNB) is on its way from SFO-HKG with ETA of 0522 according to FR24, but the site is struggling to deal with the chaos because it also shows SNB flying in the opposite direction but cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X