No announcement yet.

Should I move to Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent private residential property transactions, if anyone is interested.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      Not an expert on housing but if you're looking at convenience and price, I'd say avoid staying at districts 9-11, the central, town areas.
      Buy a jet ski or a dinghy at least if you plan to stay in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        Agreed but even in the areas you suggest 1MM SGD is easily spend if you are looking to buy a 2+ bedrooms in a newer development. Prices are way up there these days. Rent for a 2-bedroom in that area is also easily in the 3.5K SGD a month range in particular in close MRT proximity (just the other day I was offered a newish but small 2-bedroom condo in Simei for 3.6K SGD a month unfurnished - I left laughing).

As the OP does not have to worry about rent from what I have understood I think that is a great way to come and figure out if you like to buy and an appropriate area (tastes differ). Now if you are talking Pungol or further then of course it does get cheaper by a fair margin
        Oh. Sorry, not been in touch with the property market. So it may not be so cheap to stay in the off-town areas anymore. That's pretty crazy!

Buy a jet ski or a dinghy at least if you plan to stay in those areas.
        Yes I think that's necessary given the spate of floodings in Sg these days

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
          Forget about a place with a pool and you will find it easier to get a cheaper place. You can aways join a gym with a pool, will be cheaper than having your own. Costs a lot to run a pool, mind you not as bad as in the UK where you have to heat it as well.
          IMO it's worth paying more to get a condo with a pool on the premises. If you have to go off to a health club, bring your stuff, and shower and dress afterward in a common locker room, you'll use the pool a lot less. It's so much better to just put on your swimsuit in the privacy of your own apartment when you feel ready for a quick swim and then to shower and dress in your own place when you're finished.

Think of it as an investment in your health.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
            IMO it's worth paying more to get a condo with a pool on the premises. If you have to go off to a health club, bring your stuff, and shower and dress afterward in a common locker room, you'll use the pool a lot less. It's so much better to just put on your swimsuit in the privacy of your own apartment when you feel ready for a quick swim and then to shower and dress in your own place when you're finished.

Think of it as an investment in your health.
            I have a pool and a gym on the premises and I have been living at this condo for 15 years, never been into the gym before, last I was in the pool, think it was 5 years ago?
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I swim in the pool at our condo 3 times a week and play tennis at least twice. It's a small older condo (only 60 units) and nobody uses this stuff except for 2 or three other households...fabulous!
              blog

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                I have a pool and a gym on the premises and I have been living at this condo for 15 years, never been into the gym before, last I was in the pool, think it was 5 years ago?
                My comments were meant in a relative, not absolute, sense. Of course if one hates to swim, having a home pool won't change this. In your case, I suspect that if the pool were off premises, it would have been more than five years since your last swim and similarly for gym usage.

Comment

sorry, internet issues
                  Last edited by MSPeconomist; 22 July 2010, 10:22 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate post

Comment

The option is to rent a bungalow, landed property, then rent a pool for the garden.

A friend of our surprised us years ago by saying "Well, i thought it was possible to rent anything in Singapore given we could get furniture etc. so I asked my secretary to make some calls...... get a pool next week for $500 a month, all inclusive of cleaning."

Comment

Working...
                    X