Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facade of the Crowne Plaza Changi hotel... What were they thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facade of the Crowne Plaza Changi hotel... What were they thinking?

Just drove by the almost complete Crowne Plaza Changi hotel yesterday. Hideous mottled brown structure. All I could think of is... what were they thinking??? Especially positioned right next to the gleaming new T3. A complete eyesore, a throwback to the ugly experimental building facades of the 60s and 70s. Ugh!

How could such a design have been approved? Surely somebody must have noticed it is ugly???

A few months ago I saw it & thought it was still under construction & they would "fix" it before its finished...

By the way, is the hotel open for business yet?
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      A few months ago I saw it & thought it was still under construction & they would "fix" it before its finished...

By the way, is the hotel open for business yet?
      Next week, May 28.

Comment

its dark brown colour is not a good choice - look hideous

Comment

A first time traveller to SIN might think LV just opened a mega-store next to T3.

Comment

And the white design stuff on the outside? the whole thing is a shocker..

Comment

Maybe they got Marc Newson to design it

Comment

Click here for a photo taken on May 21: http://picasaweb.google.com/Sankaps86/CrownePlazaChangi

The other side of the building, with white lattice work on the facade, is even uglier!

Comment

Yuck. That is one unattractive building.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Next week, May 28.
                    Having passed it last weekend, I'll be impressed if it's finished by then.

Comment

Hey.... why does it say crowne plaza on the front of that Motel 6?

Comment

I feeling like clicking the "Report Inappropriate Content" link on the photo you linked to Sankaps!

Comment

ugh... that's shocking

Comment

Originally posted by Sankaps View Post
                            Click here for a photo taken on May 21: http://picasaweb.google.com/Sankaps86/CrownePlazaChangi

The other side of the building, with white lattice work on the facade, is even uglier!
                            Hmmm, I think it would look better if they had decided to cover the whole building with the white lattice work, rather than only on one side of the building.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

A walk pass the entrace from the terminal revealed the entrace fully furnished and ready. A few people were seen entering too. Should be a great place to stay.

Comment

Working...
                              X