Third runway and T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Lol, and why in the world would you do that? Needing exercise, I presume?
    Well excercise is definitely one of the reasons I started doing it, but I have to say I do it because I enjoy it. It's a great way to pass an hour (longer if you stop off somewhere on the way to eat, drink or shop) if you have a few hours connecting time and are bored of the lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Here we go again...

Presuming you meant to say redesign, how, prey tell, do you suggest they do this ?.

Not only that, but to say T1, 2 & 3 'is like running independently without integration' is more utter nonsense. All three terminals are linked to each other with a skytrain that takes literally a few minutes and you can walk from one end of the airport to the other in less than 50 minutes completely unhindered. I know, as I do it regularly.
      Skytrain itself is a failure design. As what you say, 50 min! Think of passenger who need to do connection between terminals - even on same SQ!
      For the general public taking MRT too - After arriving at T2/T3, tskr s sky train to T4? or there will be a extra stop at T4 before T2/T3?

Try to study the video of new design of HKIA, every resources is integrated to main terminal. They even open up for public to write in for recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Well excercise is definitely one of the reasons I started doing it, but I have to say I do it because I enjoy it. It's a great way to pass an hour (longer if you stop off somewhere on the way to eat, drink or shop) if you have a few hours connecting time and are bored of the lounges.
        Valid only if you have few hours for your connection anyway. (and your inbound flight is not delayed).

Operation will also has to consider other logistics eg. transfer of bags between terminals.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
          Skytrain itself is a failure design. As what you say, 50 min! Think of passenger who need to do connection between terminals - even on same SQ!
          For the general public taking MRT too - After arriving at T2/T3, tskr s sky train to T4? or there will be a extra stop at T4 before T2/T3?

Try to study the video of new design of HKIA, every resources is integrated to main terminal. They even open up for public to write in for recommendation.
          I think you've mis-read Man Flyer's point of the 50min walk.... That is done on purpose... and not a regular route pax normally take.

Comment

Skytrain failure?? What are we supposed to do without it in case you arrive at F60 and need to connect to A21 in less than 40 minutes? Run like Usain Bolt?!

But that would be an even better exercise wouldn't it?

Comment

Skytrain itself is a failure design.
              Really ?. Can you please enlighten us in what way ?

T4 hasn't even been started yet, so how do you know how easy or difficult it is to get to it ?. To complain about something before the system is even known is ridiculous, even by your standards.

Don't need to study a video, I go through HKG regularly. Last time I was there I saw Skytrains linking terminals same as Changi. I was even on one myself.

Valid only if you have few hours for your connection anyway. (and your inbound flight is not delayed).
              Exactly what I said, and the same for any other airport in the world.

Operation will also has to consider other logistics eg. transfer of bags between terminals.
              Not a problem. Changi probably has the most efficient baggage system of any airport in the world. When I started flying to Singapore years ago it used to be my ambition to beat my luggage to the the belt.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I think you've mis-read Man Flyer's point of the 50min walk.... That is done on purpose... and not a regular route pax normally take.
              What do you expect ?. When it comes to Changi the bitterness beats the content every time.

Comment

Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?

Comment

Skytrain failure ?? What do you propose than ? Aladdin & friends to transport people on their magic carpet around the airport ?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                    Skytrain failure ?? What do you propose than ? Aladdin & friends to transport people on their magic carpet around the airport ?
                    Star trek transporter.

Comment

They should really run a circle line under ground between the 3 (or the 4th) terminals. Just like many large modern airport in the world including the one in HKIA.

Comment

They should really run a circle line under ground between the 3 (or the 4th) terminals. Just like many large modern airport in the world including the one in HKIA.
                        Can you please furnish us a detailed explanation on your idea of a circle line( type of train, routing) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?
                          +1

A2 Hash Bash Rules!!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                            Run like Usain Bolt?!
                            Usain runs out of puff between gates. Think you'd need to run like a good marathoner.

Comment

Can you please furnish us a detailed explanation on your idea of a circle line( type of train, routing) ?
                              Keep you mind open and study more design from different airport will help you to think better.

Comment

Keep you mind open and study more design from different airport will help you to think better.
                                Any options for us to help you think better and post something that actually makes sense ?.

You seem to have a handy knack of finding a bigger spade each time you post about Changi to dig an even bigger hole.

I am still waiting for your suggestions on how to redesign T1, 2 & 3 and how the Skytrain is a 'failure design' ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X