Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Qantas Group full service carrier could further alter competitive landscape in SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, welcome competition. SQ has sat on its rear too long and enjoyed overpricing itself in the premium market. S$504 is NOT a Sweet Deal to CGK in Y and S$1155 is ridiculous for J.

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      I, for one, welcome competition. SQ has sat on its rear too long and enjoyed overpricing itself in the premium market. S$504 is NOT a Sweet Deal to CGK in Y and S$1155 is ridiculous for J.

Can't wait.
      There is always the choice of GA in Y, which costs half the price. Or other full-service carriers like LH, TK and PR. Not to mention the LCCs like Tiger, Airasia, Lionair, Valuair, Jetstar, Batavia and Sriwijaya.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

It has a name: RED Q

http://www.smh.com.au/business/redq-...912-1k61j.html

RedQ firms as name for Qantas's new premium airline in Asia

Matt O'Sullivan

September 13, 2011
        RedQ ready to take off.

IT MAY not trip off the tongue like the Flying Kangaroo, but RedQ is emerging as the most likely name for Qantas's latest spin-off, an ultra-premium airline aimed at executives travelling in Asia.

Qantas is attempting to trademark the name, which branding experts say borrows heavily on its heritage but is distinct enough to signal the arrival of a new entrant in the global aviation game.

The company has kept under wraps the details of its plans for the executive jet-styled airline, but the Herald has learnt that Qantas's lawyers have lodged a range of trademark applications, including those for RedQ, RedQ Executive Express, RedSky and OneAsia.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post

Can't wait.

Well I do not think SIN-CGK-SIN price on SQ will ever come down. SQ is not so interested on SIN-CGK traffic only. It can carry enough pax from CGK to SIN to feed it into their regional and mid/long haul services.

I remember I was on the last SQ flight out of CGK. The whole B773 was pack, but I think only few of us make it to SIN, the rest were simply just connect to other flight (to Europe and China I suppose).

BTW, HKG-TPE price on CX is also ridiculously high. It is around $500+ also. HKG-TPE route is very identical with SIN-CGK one in my opinion.
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            SQ is not so interested on SIN-CGK traffic only.
            Just when you think you've read it all this year....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Just when you think you've read it all this year....
              Not really sure what you mean.

I think I may not put my point correctly. I should have said that the SIN-CGK-SIN sector is very inflexible for SQ. I do not think they will drop the price significantly
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Beat Scoot anytime!

Comment

Hmmm... Red Q? Will the cabin crew have red hot uniforms like Kingfisher, Air Asia and Virgin Atlantic?

Comment

I guess they need to redesign their uniforms......something more attractive and colorful. Well, as a standard they can use Kingfisher uniforms.

Comment

Hope their balance sheet doesn't come in red as well Journalists would have a field day thinking of a headline if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                        Hope their balance sheet doesn't come in red as well Journalists would have a field day thinking of a headline if it happens.
                        I certainly hope it does.

Not an enthusiast of anything related to Qantas.

I hope the new airline sets up shop in HKG, gets the HNA into OneWorld, pisses CX that CX defects to *

Comment

It's a red letter day for the industry certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                            I certainly hope it does.

Not an enthusiast of anything related to Qantas.

I hope the new airline sets up shop in HKG, gets the HNA into OneWorld, pisses CX that CX defects to *
                            visit my blog

Comment

Still waiting eagerly for the news of the selection of its base..

Comment

Qantas confirms deal for 110 A320s

Qantas confirms deal for 110 A320s

Print

By: Siva Govindasamy Singapore
                                1 hours ago
                                Source:

Qantas Airways has finalised a contract for 110 Airbus A320 aircraft, including 78 A320neo.

The aircraft will be deployed across the Qantas Group on short-to-medium haul domestic and international operations, said Airbus and Australia's national carrier in a joint statement.

This order confirms a commitment for the A320s that Qantas announced on 16 August 2011.

The Oneworld alliance member has also confirmed that the A320 will be the aircraft used to launch a new premium airline based in Asia. Qantas is deciding between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur for the base of this new subsidiary.

All of the aircraft, including 32 regular A320s, will also be deployed across the Qantas Group's fleet. This includes its low-cost subsidiary Jetstar, Singapore-based Jetstar Asia, and the upcoming Jetstar Japan.

Qantas has not selected an engine for the A320neo.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-a320s-362976/

Comment

Working...
                                X