Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    No

They are talking about bank note from scotland. The old £20 note is from england
    No.

phaleesy, the member whom SQtraveller addresses, was talking about English notes. See the prominent placement of the word 'OT' in her post, along with the use of the adjective 'English' in front of '20 pound note'.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
      Seriously though, you can exchange at face value (i.e. for £20) at any time during a working day at the Bank of England itself.
      By post also works. The right to exchange at the Bank of England old notes for new ones is forever - there is no time limit.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bankn.../exchanges.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        By post also works. The right to exchange at the Bank of England old notes for new ones is forever - there is no time limit.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bankn.../exchanges.htm
        post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

The thing i used to love to do, more in Wales than in England was to handover a 1-pound note...... so i could get change back for a fiver

The number of times it happened was an eye-opener and if i was the dodgy type i could have kept quiet and been on a nice little earner.

Comment

Another way to get rid of undesirable or expired bank notes is to ask a friendly taxi driver to exchange them for you.

These guys are perfectly happy to pass them on to unsuspecting customers, such as tourists recently arrived in the country, or drunks at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Plus they have the advantage of being able to drive off before anybody notices.

Comment

Working...
            X