Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrdrunkskunk View Post
    I hope some of you will hopefully be open to sharing thru PMs!
    Absolutely!

Comment

• Just pulled two tickets in I SIN-EUROPE when SQ Krisflyer is showing a no availability, waitlist only. And only $ 25 ticketing fee instead of the $209 YQ surcharge SQ imposes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SingaporeDon View Post
        Just pulled two tickets in I SIN-EUROPE when SQ Krisflyer is showing a no availability, waitlist only. And only $ 25 ticketing fee instead of the $209 YQ surcharge SQ imposes!!
        Don't forget the airport taxes...

Comment

• Originally posted by SingaporeDon View Post
          Just pulled two tickets in I SIN-EUROPE when SQ Krisflyer is showing a no availability, waitlist only. And only $ 25 ticketing fee instead of the $209 YQ surcharge SQ imposes!!
          That availability thing still puzzles me, but anyways no need to go into details here.

I did 2 straight forward redemptions for fall period for 2 pax each getting SIN-KIX on SQ (regional C - nothing earth shattering here, but decent enough even for the night flight) and CTS-BKK-SIN on TG (angled lie-flat product, but day flight and TG is only direct international option in C on *A out of Sapporo).

No fancy tricks applied, but quite happy with the value. Now I'm only praying that I don't have to cancel

Comment

• I have made some no so straghtforward redemption on SQ Europe - SIN - Europe. It is now looking increasingly likely that I may have to cancel it... I'm definitely not looking forward to that!

Comment

• Hmm, I've been following the LM thread in FT recently. Unfortunately the more posts I read, the more confusing I've become. So I thought I ask a question here: Does anyone here know what haribo, chainsaw and gumberries stand for and wouldn't mind sharing these with me? PM's are welcomed...

Comment

• In the last few months, I've made a couple of redemptions using Lifemiles on SQ, TG, Eva and ANA. I've had absolutely no problems with the actual travel itself. After getting an auto-confirmation email, I usually email the Lifemiles Soporte ("Support") and ask them for the AMADEUS version of the confirmation. They're always very quick to respond and I then get the PNR as shown on the relevant carrier's system.

I've had to deal with the Lifemiles telephone support too, to cancel an award travel. Using Skype, I called the Canada's team and usually get through within about 5 mins. The problem is the long-winded process every transaction takes (verifying your PIN, credit card details to process the $50 cancellation or $150 change fee) and if the call drops, you start all over again. Took me about 1 hour and 4 repeated calls to get a cancellation done. But the miles refund was instantaneous.

In any case, the bug-bear with the Call centre is well-known and as long as you go in with plenty of patience, it should be OK.

In short, my experience with Lifemiles has been very good so far. I find it a good (and sometimes, cheaper) alternative to redeem miles on SQ and Star Alliance partners.

Comment

• Have been hearing about Avianca LM and was soo tempted to jump in on last year's promotions.

Can I confirm that a first booking can be done online without needing the call centre and that it only needs to be used when we need to change/cancel?

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                    Have been hearing about Avianca LM and was soo tempted to jump in on last year's promotions.

Can I confirm that a first booking can be done online without needing the call centre and that it only needs to be used when we need to change/cancel?
                    You don't have much of a choice but to book online, and the booking engine can be rather frustrating. It doesn't get very creative so many seemingly practical connections don't show. If it doesn't show you're pretty much out of luck. It works best for point-to-point bookings.

You used to be able to choose your own flights via the call center but that's virtually impossible now.

Comment

• Can someone explain why lifemiles.com is not accessible in China?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• http://www.ausbt.com.au/avianca-life...n=home-flipper

Comment

• That's bad.

Comment

• Bloody journalists who got nothing to write about. Well better plan to redeem those miles as that goose ain't gonna be golden for very long. Already loving the idea of the uninitiated to spam forums with "Help I can't manage to cancel my LM award!" type queries
                            Last edited by demue; 21 April 2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                              Bloody journalists who got nothing to write about. Well better plan to redeem those miles as that goose ain't gonna be golden for very long. Already loving the idea of the uninitiated to spam forums with "Help I can't manage to cancel my LM award!" type queries
                              this is not the first 'step by step' guide that has been published including several that have shown how to rort the system with screen shots etc
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Well another 2:1 promo just went live. Not sure I ll be a taker this time around. Still enough to burn and with the unpredictability of the program it is getting riskier to be stuck with miles that are being devalued or won't get you what you are looking for. YMMV

Comment

Working...
                                X