Pre-select your Inflight Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-select your Inflight Meal

Just got this through the PPS Club News.

NOW YOU CAN PRE-ORDER YOUR MEALS

You can now pre-select your inflight meals when travelling on Suites, First Class and Business Class. This new service starts on flights to and from North Asia from 15 August 2018, and will progressively be expanded across the network in coming months.

Dining

Interesting option. Should reduce waste and less disappointed passengers. If it’s taken up.
    /Desert Traveller

Guess this will solve the problem of the Hanakoreikis running out quickly on Japan flights.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

How often does food from the inflight menu run out when in F or J? Even though I mostly take BTC, but when I do make a choice from the inflight menu, its usually available. I guess its more to prevent wastage/ cut costs.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
        How often does food from the inflight menu run out when in F or J? Even though I mostly take BTC, but when I do make a choice from the inflight menu, its usually available. I guess its more to prevent wastage/ cut costs.
        Exactly. The more customers who tell them what they want prior to boarding reduces the error margins for them.

Comment

I think it is a good move. I was wondering why this could not have been implemented even earlier.

I normally travel J and use BTC only half the time (when the inflight menu did not suit my taste) and yes, I have had my choice run out often enough to like this move.

I basically do not like wastage of any sort. Not good for our earth and not good morally.

Good move, here, SQ!

Comment

Now available network-wide on all flights:

SIA World's First Airline With Network-Wide Meal Pre-Ordering For Premium Class Customers
            Singapore Airlines (SIA) has launched a new service enabling customers travelling in Suites, First Class and Business Class from anywhere in the Airline’s global network to pre-order main courses from their flight’s menus. SIA is the world’s first airline to roll out this bespoke service on all flights across its network. There are also plans to extend it to Premium Economy Class in the near future.
            I'm hoping that PEY pre-ordering is not far behind. The only time I did PEY Book the Cook, I wish I hadn't because I had preferred what was catered inflight. I would have liked to know what's offered onboard for greater choice.

Comment

I’m on SQ11 SIN-NRT-LAX in J

Should I pre select the Japanese meal? Is that the best option? Will it run out in J? The name of the meal starts with H. Has anyone got photos? Sorry I can’t remember how to spell the H word lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                I’m on SQ11 SIN-NRT-LAX in J

Should I pre select the Japanese meal? Is that the best option? Will it run out in J? The name of the meal starts with H. Has anyone got photos? Sorry I can’t remember how to spell the H word lol!
                It’s hanakoireki. Google it and you’ll find quite a fair amount of reviews and images To me it one of SQ best meal options and great if you are a Jap foodie but if not then I would not recommend.

I’d reckon lock it in if that’s what you want and like jap food as it may “run out” depending where you sitting. This give u a peace of kind on my recent SIN/HND return I booked it both way.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                  It’s hanakoireki. Google it and you’ll find quite a fair amount of reviews and images To me it one of SQ best meal options and great if you are a Jap foodie but if not then I would not recommend.

I’d reckon lock it in if that’s what you want and like jap food as it may “run out” depending where you sitting. This give u a peace of kind on my recent SIN/HND return I booked it both way.
                  Is the Hanakoireki meal good ex SIN? It should definitely be good out of NRT. But how’s the quality of the seafood from SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                    Is the Hanakoireki meal good ex SIN? It should definitely be good out of NRT. But how’s the quality of the seafood from SIN?
                    Yup its excellent in my opinion. I'd reckon just as good from Japan. But do note if you have a night which is a sleeper service (e.g. SQ635) its a reduce meal and instead of a 2 set Bento meal it is 1 only (reduced meal)

Comment

Full BTC Options Unavailable for Breakfast Meals

This must be another cost-cutting measure but now you can no longer choose from the full BTC range for breakfast meals.

You can only choose from the unimaginative in-flight menu and BTC Breakfast options which are your usual eggs and what-not.
                      I used to be able to order a Lobster Thermidor for breakfast.

I noticed the change on a recent flight to RGN in Business Class. When I saw that I couldn't select the other options online, I called to ask if they could help me place my order but they told me that I could strictly only choose from the breakfast selection.

The kitchen would definitely be able to prepare the other options as they'd have to make meals for flights with more than one meal service that depart early in the day

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                        This must be another cost-cutting measure but now you can no longer choose from the full BTC range for breakfast meals.

You can only choose from the unimaginative in-flight menu and BTC Breakfast options which are your usual eggs and what-not.
                        I used to be able to order a Lobster Thermidor for breakfast.

I noticed the change on a recent flight to RGN in Business Class. When I saw that I couldn't select the other options online, I called to ask if they could help me place my order but they told me that I could strictly only choose from the breakfast selection.

The kitchen would definitely be able to prepare the other options as they'd have to make meals for flights with more than one meal service that depart early in the day
                        I may be wrong but for as long as I remember, not all BTC meals can be selected for breakfast. I am not sure if there are any recent changes, though.

Comment

Breakfast BTC has always been from a limited range.

Comment

Sorry, I was a little inaccurate there. Yes, the online form has always only allowed you to select the Breakfast BTC items for Breakfast meals.

However in the past- up till last year based on my experience, you could call up SQ's customer service to request for non-Breakfast BTC items. They always accommodated but it looks like they no longer do.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                              Sorry, I was a little inaccurate there. Yes, the online form has always only allowed you to select the Breakfast BTC items for Breakfast meals.

However in the past- up till last year based on my experience, you could call up SQ's customer service to request for non-Breakfast BTC items. They always accommodated but it looks like they no longer do.
                              I do not view providing what they had always advertised as cost cutting.

Comment

Working...
                              X