Questions re connection at LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTOTY View Post
    Hi guys - I need some advice from those who are familiar with LAX.

I will be doing a connection in LAX in June 17 - I will likely be taking Alaska from SEA to LAX (arriving about 130pm) and leaving LAX on SQ7 departing at 515pm. I will be taking SQ in J.

Is 3.5 hours adequate for the transfer?

Thanks
    Yes, very comfortably so. Assuming your flight lands on time at LAX.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm flying MSP-LAX-SIN on UA (United Express to be exact) and SQ on a single ticket purchased through SQ. Just like to verify if I will be able to check my bag all the way to SIN in MSP. Do you guys recommend taking any precautions like approaching ground staff to make sure my bag makes it onto SQ7?

My transfer time is about 6 hours and I may leave LAX, so I really hope my bag goes all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
        Hi guys,

I'm flying MSP-LAX-SIN on UA (United Express to be exact) and SQ on a single ticket purchased through SQ. Just like to verify if I will be able to check my bag all the way to SIN in MSP. Do you guys recommend taking any precautions like approaching ground staff to make sure my bag makes it onto SQ7?

My transfer time is about 6 hours and I may leave LAX, so I really hope my bag goes all the way.
        SQ says:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ckin-partners/

Checked UA's interline agreements for you on ExpertFlyer and according to them, you are good to go -- whether e-ticket or paper.

Keep in mind, you will arrive LAX at Terminal 7 or 8 and will be departing out of Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT).
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          SQ says:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ckin-partners/

Checked UA's interline agreements for you on ExpertFlyer and according to them, you are good to go -- whether e-ticket or paper.

Keep in mind, you will arrive LAX at Terminal 7 or 8 and will be departing out of Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT).
          Thanks! I just hope the check-in agent in MSP isn't too blur to figure how to send my bag to SQ in LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
            Thanks! I just hope the check-in agent in MSP isn't too blur to figure how to send my bag to SQ in LAX.
            Verify your bag tags. And if you have status, make sure they tag you Priority.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Reporting back on making domestic connections after arriving into TBIT

My SQ 8 flight landed into TBIT around 615am as scheduled and I got off the plane around 625am which gave me 2 hours 30 minutes to make the connection to AA in Terminal 4.

I was in J so was one of the first off the plane, short 5 minute walk to the immigration where there were loads of people. But I had Global Entry and that queue was about 10 people but they had about 20 kiosks (4 weren't working) so it moved fast. I was done in 5 minutes and walked to T4 via the connector.

Another 10 minutes later I got to the security check area and it was pretty empty so cleared that in 5 minutes (note that they do not have a separate TSA-pre lane so if it gets crowded you have to queue with everyone else). Got to Terminal 4 before 7am which was plenty of time for the domestic.

In summary, if you have Global Entry then a 2 to 2.5 hour connection is still fairly safe though the security check could make you panic a little. However, if you don't have Global Entry then you might not want to risk it as the immigration line was massive even at 6+ in the morning when I arrived.
              Last edited by jonleong; 15 January 2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                I was done in 5 minutes and walked to T4 via the connector.
                I thought the connector is only airside.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  I thought the connector is only airside.
                  At least for international arrivals via TBIT it is only airside as after clearing immigration I didn't exit into arrivals but instead turned right and headed towards the connector. Not sure if it's the same if checking in at T4 ...

Comment

Working...
                  X