• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilkAir & Scoot: Route Transfers; HNL to be suspended

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...h-sia-scoot-to

From SilkAir to Scoot:

• Luang Prabang and Vientiane in Laos, in April 2019

• Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam in India, between May 2019 and October 2019

• Changsha, Fuzhou, Kunming and Wuhan in China, between May 2019 and June 2019

• Chiang Mai in Thailand, in October 2019

• Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, in December 2019

• Balikpapan, Lombok, Makassar, Manado, Semarang and Yogyakarta in Indonesia, between May 2020 and July 2020

From Scoot to SIA (Both are existing SIA destinations):

• Bengaluru and Chennai in India, in May 2019 and May 2020

From Scoot to SilkAir (Both are existing SilkAir destinations)

• Shenzhen in China, from June 2019

• Kochi in India, from October 2019
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 22 November 2018, 10:55 AM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Scoot / Silk Air 2019 network adjustment as of 30NOV18

Scoot and Silk Air in 2019 is gradually adjusting its operational network, as selected Silk Air destinations will be transferred to Scoot. Following routes has been filed in the reservation system and open for booking since last week.

Singapore – Coimbatore eff 27OCT19 5 weekly A320, subject to Government Approval
    TR540 SIN2020 – 2210CJB 320 x14
    TR541 CJB2300 – 0600+1SIN 320 x14

Singapore – Kota Kinabalu eff 03DEC19 7 weekly A320, subject to Government Approval
    TR490 SIN0845 – 1055BKI 320 x357
    TR492 SIN1625 – 1850BKI 320 357

TR491 BKI1145 – 1400SIN 320 x357
    TR493 BKI1935 – 2150SIN 320 357

Singapore – Thiruvananthapuram eff 07MAY19 5 weekly A320, subject to Government Approval
    TR530 SIN2005 – 2145TRV 320 x13
    TR531 TRV2240 – 0535+1SIN 320 x13

On Singapore – Chiang Mai route, Silk Air will cease service on this route, while Scoot’s service increases from 4 to 10 weekly
    TR676 SIN0825 – 1040CNX 320 x17
    TR674 SIN1445 – 1640CNX 320 x357
    TR674 SIN1450 – 1650CNX 320 7

TR677 CNX1125 – 1535SIN 320 x17
    TR675 CNX1720 – 2130SIN 320 x357
    TR675 CNX1740 – 2145SIN 320 7

On Singapore – Kochi route, Scoot will end service on this route from 27OCT19, while Silk Air service increases from 10 to 14 weekly.
    MI464 SIN1835 – 2025COK 738 567
    MI468 SIN2020 – 2205COK 738 D
    MI462 SIN2225 – 0025+1COK 320 x246

MI461 COK0125 – 0835SIN 320 x357
    MI463 COK2125 – 0430+1SIN 738 567
    MI467 COK2255 – 0600+1SIN 738 D
    https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-30nov18/
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Is there any possibility some of the announced route switch will not be approved?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        Is there any possibility some of the announced route switch will not be approved?
        By whom? Civil Aviation Authorities of the respective countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
          By whom? Civil Aviation Authorities of the respective countries?
          By whomever does these regulatory approval - I supposed it's the CAA. SIA told me 7 Dec would be when they decide on the new services - nothing yet today. Only drama from Malaysia

Comment

I have posted this in another thread, but I will probably post again. Trivandrum is going to be transferred to Scoot in May, so when I do a dummy booking for SFO-TRV for say, June or July, nothing appears anymore.

So does this now mean that suppose I want to fly to or from TRV, I would have to buy a separate ticket from Scoot? (Meaning fly SFO-SIN, collect bags and check in for the TRV at a Scoot counter and proceed to T1).

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              I have posted this in another thread, but I will probably post again. Trivandrum is going to be transferred to Scoot in May, so when I do a dummy booking for SFO-TRV for say, June or July, nothing appears anymore.

So does this now mean that suppose I want to fly to or from TRV, I would have to buy a separate ticket from Scoot? (Meaning fly SFO-SIN, collect bags and check in for the TRV at a Scoot counter and proceed to T1).
              They have not loaded TRV on TR/SQ website yet. (Neither LPQ where I'm going. I wonder what's going on.) You can otherwise enter SFO-TRV on SQ's website/app and get a through route via Scoot - I think there are certain perks governing the Scoot sector if it's purchased as a connecting flight

Comment

They have not loaded TRV on TR/SQ website yet. (Neither LPQ where I'm going. I wonder what's going on.) You can otherwise enter SFO-TRV on SQ's website/app and get a through route via Scoot - I think there are certain perks governing the Scoot sector if it's purchased as a connecting flight
                It's interesting you say that, because when I go to Scoot's website, TRV is surprisingly loaded and has been since I have asked this question. Still on SQ's website, it doesn't work like that.

Also it's not just SQ's website, on any 3rd party website you do a dummy booking, you won't get a SQ connection the same way either (just other airlines with some cases inconvenient connections).

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?

Comment

It's interesting you say that, because when I go to Scoot's website, TRV is surprisingly loaded and has been since I have asked this question. Still on SQ's website, it doesn't work like that.

Also it's not just SQ's website, on any 3rd party website you do a dummy booking, you won't get a SQ connection the same way either (just other airlines with some cases inconvenient connections).

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?
                  My bad, didnt realise TRV is loaded on TR website already. But LPQ, which will be cancelled in late March with MI, has not been yet.

In this case, maybe it will take some time for TR SIN-TRV vv. to load as a possible connection with SQ. I know it's possible because you can purchase say SFO-SIN-MFM with SIN-MFM as a Scoot connecting sector (one PNR). SIN-MFM is not served by any other airline.

The LPQ cancellation is really annoying. Up until the day the transfer to Scoot was announced in the media, SQ's website was still advertising promo fares to that destination. My friend almost purchased a ticket to join me. Now I have committed too much to the trip and I need to get there somehow

Comment

My bad, didnt realise TRV is loaded on TR website already. But LPQ, which will be cancelled in late March with MI, has not been yet.

In this case, maybe it will take some time for TR SIN-TRV vv. to load as a possible connection with SQ. I know it's possible because you can purchase say SFO-SIN-MFM with SIN-MFM as a Scoot connecting sector (one PNR). SIN-MFM is not served by any other airline.

The LPQ cancellation is really annoying. Up until the day the transfer to Scoot was announced in the media, SQ's website was still advertising promo fares to that destination. My friend almost purchased a ticket to join me. Now I have committed too much to the trip and I need to get there somehow
                    No worries, it's fine. I know what you're saying though. On SQ's website that could be a glitch, but I hope this will not be the new norm.

If it is, and I have to purchase a TR ticket separately, I will either have to fly EK or fly to MAA by SQ or CX and take a local flight which is only anyway 1 hour.

Comment

I have searched your query of MFM, it seems to be loaded, still not sure what's up with TRV. Hopefully this won't persist in the future. I think MFM is coming because it has a SQ codeshare attached (SQ+4 digits). For TRV, this is not the case, and I'm worried if one or both of our routes take us this way.

It would obviously be inconvenient if someone coming from a SFO flight has to go check in at a Scoot counter with all their baggages at SIN. If this persists, I will really consider flying to MAA and taking a 1 hour local flight from there by CX or SQ if flying EK is too expensive (which most of the time it is).

Comment

I have searched your query of MFM, it seems to be loaded, still not sure what's up with TRV. Hopefully this won't persist in the future. I think MFM is coming because it has a SQ codeshare attached (SQ+4 digits). For TRV, this is not the case, and I'm worried if one or both of our routes take us this way.

It would obviously be inconvenient if someone coming from a SFO flight has to go check in at a Scoot counter with all their baggages at SIN. If this persists, I will really consider flying to MAA and taking a 1 hour local flight from there by CX or SQ if flying EK is too expensive (which most of the time it is).
                        Have you emailed SQ about this? Or phoned their booking centre? Might be more effective than leaving comments in an forum independent of SQ.

Comment

I phoned SQ about the new Scoot routes. Up to today, nada - for Laos, China etc. Not sure what's going on. To think that the first SilkAir route will come off on 29 March, and we are already in the new year

Comment

I phoned SQ about the new Scoot routes. Up to today, nada - for Laos, China etc. Not sure what's going on. To think that the first SilkAir route will come off on 29 March, and we are already in the new year
                            I hope there will be better news regarding the transfer in the future. Something tells me that the TR routes not codeshared by SQ are the reason why routes like TRV are not available from booking from the SQ website.

I have a friend whose family travels to visit family in Coimbatore once every few years and they have used SQ because at least for now MI flies to CJB and no other airline does so (one would either have to fly to MAA or fly to Kozhikode, which is only served by EK). However, they also have the alternative of traveling through MAA which they have most of the time. But generally for anyone, if they want to fly this and are facing the same issue, it's going to create more than a few hurdles in the future.

Comment

So Vientiane schedules finally out for Scoot. Nearly same time as MI's services. Price slightly more than MI during promotions. Like TRV, they are not code shared with other SQ flights, and must be bought separately on Scoot website.

Strange that CODESHARING is possible with MFM

Comment

Working...
                              X