AMD Intl Airport - Great Airport poor lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Intl Airport - Great Airport poor lounge

This year the new International Terminal was opened at AMD. The Airport is very impressive and generally a lot more comfortable for PAX. It even has internal waterfalls.

The only disappointment is that the lounge at the old international airport terminal was far superior in all respects to the new lounge.

The new international airport lounge at AMD coud be described as a fish bowl. It consists of an open plan circular area no larger than 150 square metres. It remind me of small coffee shop in a mall. Being open plan there is no privacy as PAX walk past the lounge to get to the gates. Unlike a coffee shop the lounge has very limited offerings.

The lounge has a fridge which is empty and contains a few cans of varoius soft drinks. I am sure the same cans of drink have been there since the Airport opened earlier this year. On my last trip I got into trouble for taking a can of coke out of the fridge. I was told that the staff member (only one present) is the only person allowed to take drinks out of the fridge. Also told that a can of coke is to be served by the staff member into a small plastic cup so it can rationed amongst the passengers. (Note passengers in lounge are either *G or business class and equivalent from other airlines).

On arrival at the fish bowl a premium pasenger is generally served coffee or tea in a small cup and given a small bottle of water. If hungry the choice is walk to the small food section and choose from one plate of soggy veg sandwichers or a piece of cake that has the consistency of a brick.

I am aware that many of the *G and J passengers now avoid the lounge even through they were provided lounge passes at check in. I hope that SIA is not paying too much for the lounge acesss and if I was them I would demand a refund.

I do not believe that there are many airports in the World where the departure gate, shops and facilities are of better quality than what is being offered by the lounge.

Has anyone else had bad experiences at managed lounges?

Gunners

Pictures gaya cho?
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
    X