• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding award F ticket

plkong
    questions regarding award F ticket
    « Thread started on: Oct 15th, 2006, 10:47pm »
    hi all,
    i have enough miles to get an award F ticket for the following route : CDG SIN CGK SIN CDG and my good friend madame concorde urges me to redeem my F ticket asap before SQ starts to impose new rules on award tickets......now....

a) should i call SQ paris to redeem my F ticket? (but i find the SQ officers in paris not really helpfull )
    b) should i do it online? (online redemption is not always easy )
    c) should i call SQ SIN to redeem my F ticket? )
    d) once the award F ticket has been issued and if i do changes in my traveldates, are there any penalties? do i need to pay everytime i change traveldates?

thanks for your help

Savage25
    Re: questions regarding award F ticket
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 05:47am »
    Online! Save 15% miles which for an F award should be about 25k miles. Any changes would lose the 15% discount, and would be subject to availability.

Date changes for free even after travel has commenced (I have used these on awards booked through the KF call center, although I think someone posted that itineraries booked online could not be changed after travel has commenced)

Routing changes at 2000 miles or $20. Don't know whether this can be done after departure.

shortfinals
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 08:22am »
    on Oct 15th, 2006, 10:47pm, plkong wrote:
    hi all,

i have enough miles to get an award F ticket for the following route : CDG SIN CGK SIN CDG and my good friend madame concorde urges me to redeem my F ticket asap before SQ starts to impose new rules on award tickets......now....

SQ's anticipated new rules seem to only pertain to (from the trawling I've done) SQ317/322/221/232.
    Any route that has only one daily service (even if it's slated to possibly be 77W (like CDG's SQ334/333) is not restricted - you can still book, and should be able to even after they make the announcement.

Inventory of I and O have been blocked on routes where there is more than one daily service AND is expected to be 380/77W operated. They're steering you to the NON-380/77W operated ones by of course, blocking the ones you really want.
    « Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2006, 08:24am by shortfinals »

plkong
    « Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 11:16pm »
    hi savage25 and shortfinals,

thanks for the reply....terima kasih!!!
Working...
X