SQ F Simply Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
    SQ is serving FARMED caviar. After all the shortages with wild ones...everyone is turning to farmed caviar...thus, there is a ripple effect creating another shortage.
    Ah I see... bad presumption on my part then.
    I don't know why I always assumed they have been serving the wild kind.

Has this always been the case?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
      Peter, you obviously got a great flight! I am happy to hear. I've had SQ F for 2 out of 12 but not for 1 out of 8 yet! I Would love to experience that!
      I've just had 1 of 18 on 773 for BKK-SIN. Of course I did have 1 of 12 on 744 a while back. A rarity indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Ah I see... bad presumption on my part then.
        I don't know why I always assumed they have been serving the wild kind.

Has this always been the case?

Previously (many years back) they served Beluga and Sevruga...which was printed on the menu.
        Where have all the fishes gone???

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post

What we got were satay like using toothpicks: two pieces of meat and one large shrimp with tomato and ... Of course, peter's meats were larger than mine.
          Dear CGK...canapes rhymes with satay?

Comment

Mr. Caviar aka mechinois,
            How about ossestra? In some routes, SQ serves this kind. I know Beluga and Sevruga are history now for SQ menu.

Dear CGK...canapes rhymes with satay?
            I don't think so! French is my weakness...

Comment

Previously (many years back) they served Beluga and Sevruga...which was printed on the menu.
              Where have all the fishes gone???
              I did a brief research (Google ) on the caviar. It turns out that 'malossol' is not an indication of origin (farmed or wild) but it is the way it is prepared. Am I understanding this correctly?
              Apologies for all these questions, I am not anything close to a caviar expert.

As to your question above, I think CGK is responsible of a big chunk of consumptions leading to the current 'crisis'.

Comment

CGK has a special caviar sthingy because SQ knows he loves caviar so much!

I just looked at the menu for my 77W HKG-SIN in F and it's indeed lobster with caviar. (I had the gooseliver so didn't notice at the time.) Personally, I'd prefer just lobster but YMMV.

Comment

BTW why are those thingy served with Caviar called Melba Toast? From my experience, they don't taste nor has the softness of a bread. Rather they taste more like a piece of biscuit/cracker? Forgive me but I ain't a food expert when it comes to naming.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                    BTW why are those thingy served with Caviar called Melba Toast? From my experience, they don't taste nor has the softness of a bread. Rather they taste more like a piece of biscuit/cracker? Forgive me but I ain't a food expert when it comes to naming.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melba_toast

Comment

Mr. Caviar aka mechinois,
                      How about ossetra? In some routes, SQ serves this kind. I know Beluga and Sevruga are history now for SQ menu.

Yes yes!! I forgot Osetra too I had it onboard like maybe 5 years back...

MALOSSOL means slightly salted.

PS. CGK You and I betta stop eating caviar by the chunks.... help stop the shortage...then they might bring back Osetra
                      Last edited by mec; 20 February 2007, 12:42 PM.

Comment

PS. CGK You and I betta stop eating caviar by the chunks.... help stop the shortage...then they might bring back Osetra
                        You got the wrong person, dear! (Sorry if I offended you for calling you dear! ) The one who has been loved by SQ for the whole can of caviar is peter11. Let's ask him to fly in J!

Comment

You got the wrong person, dear! (Sorry if I offended you for calling you dear! ) The one who has been loved by SQ for the whole can of caviar is peter11. Let's ask him to fly in J!

Fly in J??? I have been too spoiled by F. Not sure I can go back there!

I guess I will get around to a bit more of the trip report eventually. But honestly, it started off so grand, that the rest of the flights (thus far) have not come close to that experience.

For the moment anyway, I am enjoying my lazy days in Bali.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                            ... But honestly, it started off so grand, that the rest of the flights (thus far) have not come close to that experience. ...
                            I thought the best part of the trip was the visit at the SKL? Spending time with staff at SKL are more rewarding than being lazy in Bali.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                              Fly in J??? I have been too spoiled by F. Not sure I can go back there!

For the moment anyway, I am enjoying my lazy days in Bali.
                              Doesn't that mean you HAD to fly in J at some point after your grand F experience?
                              I must say that my last SQ J experience was hard to live through after so much F without interruption.

Comment

Well, two things happend really. The second segment of SQ 15 (from ICN to SIN), Mr. CGK joined me in the F Cabin. I was horrified to see that there were two other passengers in the cabin. I was entirely too crowded and the FA's were attending to other passengers.

But to answer your question directly, there is no F cabin from SIN to DPS. So yes I was FORCED to fly in J. And while it is perfectly nice, short haul J is a major step down from long haul F.

However, I have to say, I am not to keen on the new F seat comfort (in sitting position). I'll hold my judgement until I get a chance to refresh my memory on the F suites on the 744 on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X