Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facade of the Crowne Plaza Changi hotel... What were they thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
    Hmmm, I think it would look better if they had decided to cover the whole building with the white lattice work, rather than only on one side of the building.
    But that means the view of the tarmac would be blocked.

Comment

I'm now picturing groups of plane-spotters booking rooms for one night and spending the whole day with a box-seat of action at changi

Comment

Just walked from T1 to T3 so went right past this, and it isn't pretty.

Comment

Do the rooms offer views of the tarmac and runway? Or is the white patterns on the exterior meant to prevent people from looking out onto the airport? I can imagine that that tall building would give nice airport overviews

Comment

It reminds me of the new All Seasons Sathorn in Bangkok. Although that one's all straight and not curving in and out..

Must be a new architectural trend?!

Comment

I was on the cab on the way home after returning from Tokyo, and the Taxi uncle kept complaining that the Hotel is terribly ugly. I guess thats one vote down the bucket...
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Does anyone else have clearer pictures, especially of the other side? My friend claims the other side is much prettier?
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                  Does anyone else have clearer pictures, especially of the other side? My friend claims the other side is much prettier?
                  No, it is actually even uglier.

Comment

Btw, any links where I can find real pictures of Crowne Plaza Changi ? Googled that, and search result was disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                      Btw, any links where I can find real pictures of Crowne Plaza Changi ? Googled that, and search result was disappointing.
                      As posted in post #9, here is a picture taken a couple of weeks ago: http://picasaweb.google.com/Sankaps86/CrownePlazaChangi

Comment

It doesn't look so bad at night:
                        http://picasaweb.google.com/FTSavage...aChangiAirport

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Ugh. Looks even worse than I thought! Why would they want to obstruct the view from the rooms like that landside?

Comment

The building looks like some windowless jail made up of bricks from far at night...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post

Report inappropriate content

Comment

I saw the photos of the building and didn't think much of it - however the other day when arriving at T2 I had a good drive past it & in my view it was actually quite an impressive building up close - the photos don't do it justice. I actually like it!
                                matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Working...
                                X