Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Jaunt to Hakodate and Tokyo (ScootBiz, Vanilla Air, ANA Biz and SQ Biz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This 5yrs young Boeing (for a B772) will be performing the short sector to Tokyo.

FIDS

Domestic security was swift but for some reason, we were provided with another boarding pass-like slip to indicate that security was cleared.

The departure was fully packed with the B772 passenger load.

View of our widebody. Air DO was seen taxiiing in as well.

Due to the late arrival, our boarding and departure time was rescheduled later by 15min.

24 June 2017
    All Nippon Airways ANA
    NH 554
    Hakodate (HKD) - Tokyo Haneda (HND)
    B777-200
    JA742A
    Premium Class
    Flight Time: 1H04M

As expected in Japan, boarding was very orderly and priorities were strictly followed.

Was wamly welcomed by the ANA crew upon boarding. ANA's domestic B772s are fitted with 21 Premium Class seats (equivalent of domestic business class)in 2-3-2 configuration in the Premium Class cabin. The crew serving our aisle also introduced herself and informed that she would be taking care of us on this flight. Really personalised service on my first ANA experience and this is the start of the really awesome ANA service on this very short flight. Lets see if ANA deserves its 2nd World's Best Cabin Crew award (according to Skytrax 2017).

My seat for the flight. These are the new Premium Class seats which are currently being fitted on the domestic fleet. A blanket was already placed on each seat.

A personal reading light and a small storage compartment at the side.

Last edited by ycp81; 2 July 2017, 08:43 PM.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Mechanical seat controls for the recline, leg and foot rests. The seat slides forward to recline instead of the conventional recline method. It is not a lie flat but more than sufficient for the domestic sectors that this aircraft is deployed on.

Innovative indicators on whether you would like to be disturbed.

The flight attendant, upon realising that we were not Japanese, offered either English or Chinese newspapers for our reading pleasure. We chose the English papers.

Leg room is very generous. A pair of slippers and headphones were available in the magazine compartment. IFE is limited to radio channels and short features shown oon the monitors.

View out the window.

Amenities and inflight magazines.

Premium Class service information and beverage menu.

View of the Premium Class cabin. Only 3 rows of seats in 2-3-2 configuration.

My Travel Map

Comment

With Japanese efficiency, boarding was completed rapidly. Doors closed and armed, and we pushed back.

Safety video was played.

Taxi to Rwy30.

Departure from Rwy30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7mYutqyZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961G_tCXr3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57lJXfDkHxM

Service started immediately after seatbelt signs were turned off. 3 flight attendants were serving in Premium Class today.

Scenery outside.

My Travel Map

Comment

On this noon flight, the Premium Gozen meal was offered along with the full range of beverages. The crew described the meal while offering it, and also offered miso soup to go with the meal. I also ordered a shochu with ice and apple juice. A packaged wet cloth towel was also provided.

The meal was served at room temperature, and comprises of 2 beautifully arranged bento boxes.

This first bento consisted of salmon, omelette and various side dishes.

The second bento box was grilled chicken with rice. All the items were very tasty!

Shochu with ice.

Sake, which my friend ordered.

After we were done with our meal, the crew immediately collected the meal trays, and came back with another tray to offer rice crackers and mixed nuts. We were also asked if we would like any more drinks. Awesome service!

We asked the crew if they have any postcards or memorables, and the very nice crew came back with sets of 4 different postcards for us to choose from! I had one of each design for keepsake.

View of my half-reclined seat.

Visit to the lavatory, which was huge but only offered the basic amenities.

Flight map shown on the monitors.

Just when we started our descend, the crew came round again and ask if we would like coffee or tea. I gladly accepted a coffee and it was brought rom the galley and offered with a tasty matcha cookie!

My Travel Map

Comment

Descending into Haneda.

Just when we have thought that the service has ended, the lovely ANA crew appeared with a basket of snacks and sweets to offer to Premium Class pax halfway through the descent. A lovely touch! We were all in praises for the ANA cabin crew for the wonderful service on this very short sector.

Nearing Haneda.

Descending over Tokyo Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHVwnx0oARY

Landing on Tokyo Haneda Rwy23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7r-8ZY2SyE

Taxied to and parked at Terminal 2, which is ANA's domestic base.

A last look at ANA's Premium Class seat for the flight.

Disembarking, where a final pleasant surprise awaits...

My Travel Map

Comment

While passing the crew during disembarkation, the Premium Class crew serving us passed us a postcard and thanked us for flying ANA. It was with great surprised that they actually wrote a thank you card on behalf of the entire flight and cabin crew after we had sang praises of their service and how it was our first time flying ANA!

Among all my limited premium class experiences on short-hauls, this flight on ANA has certainly ranked as the best. Service was personal, attentive and non-intrusive, and the small touches by the crew do make a difference and left a lasting impression on this very short flight. Having experienced ANA's fabulous service, I am now more keen then ever to fly on ANA again in the near future!

Walking down the jetbridge.

ANA land

Missed the Star Wars plane by a digit! The registration of the Star Wars aircraft is JA743A.

One of ANA's many 787s

Our luggage were one of the first to be out as they were priority tagged for Premium Class.

From Haneda T2, it was a 19min monorail ride to Hamamatsucho, and a 10min walk from the station later, brings us to Mitsui Gardens Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai. Hotel offers reasonable sized rooms for Tokyo standards and has deluxe amenities such as a Nespresso machine.

The hotel is also about 10-15min walk away from Shimbashi and Ginza districts.

It is pedestrian-friendly in Ginza on Saturdays.

My Travel Map

Comment

Yayoi decor in a new shopping mall, Ginza 6.

It has always been a must to have Ichiran ramen while in Japan. The Shimbashi branch is much less crowded than the Shinjuku branch.

Another must have are cakes from Harbs. Tried a few during the short stay in Tokyo as well.

A simple but deliciously good beef bowl from Matsuya.

Katsukura tonkatsu at Takashimaya. One of the famous katsu restaurants.

With the BAKE craze in Singapore, why not have it in Tokyo where there is barely a queue!

And oh-so-yummy Zaku-Zaku as well.

It was also my first time having a meal at Coco Curryhouse in Japan.

Back to busy Shimbashi area for some last minute shopping on the final day before departure.

And chanced upon this small eatery with OMG-ish delicious buta-don!

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks for the trip report ycp81. Miss Japan.

Comment

Heading back to Haneda, it was a 13min monorail ride from the station near our hotel to the international terminal. The monorail statio is directly linked t the Departure hall and a couple of min after alighting from the monorail, we were at SQ's check-in counters at Row A.

Immigration and security was not too busy and soon we were doing a bit of last minute shopping at the duty free area.

Heading up to the ANA lounge to grab some light bites. I have been to this lounge a couple of time and knew what to expect. F&B is not bad for a first-timer, but will become quite repetitive for frequent visitors to the lounge as the food offerings rarely change much.

Star Wars figurines

Lounge interior

Buffet offerings and the noodle bar

My Travel Map

Comment

Another set of Star Wars figurine with Star Alliance FIDS.

A smaller F&B area at the other end of the lounge.

I have learnt not to binge too much in the lounge. This was half of what I used to have in the lounge.

The lounge has a great view of the tarmac and runway. Our A350 arrived just as I reached the lounge.

Left the lounge shortly before boarding commenced. FIDS.

Queue for boarding.

Boarding started on time and the blue cabin it was this evening!

My Travel Map

Comment

26 June 2017
                        Singapore Airlines
                        SQ 633
                        Tokyo Haneda (HND) - Singapore (SIN)
                        A350-900
                        9V-SMC
                        Business Class
                        Flight Time: 6H46M

Welcomed at the door and entered the Business cabin. As reviewed by many, the A350 is fitted with the New Business Class long-haul seats, which is one of the most comfortable Business Class seats in the market.

It would be 12K for me on this mid-haul.

More shots of the seats and cabin.

From 12K, the engines are way behind.

IFE welcome screen, and of course a champagne to start.

New noise-cancellation headphones (a crew mentioned that they are from Hitachi) are in use. This fitted more comfortably than the Phitek headphones. There is also a volume adjuster on the headphones.

Magazines and stuff.

Menu for the flight

Selections on this flight.

And the incoming SQ632 SIN-HND sector.

My Travel Map

Comment

Beverages selection

The usual ritual of newspapers and hot towels offered, and doors were closed for departure. Safety video played.

It was only a short taxi to the runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Seg574msM

Takeoff from Rwy16R. Unfortunately it was a very cloudy day and no views were to be had of Mt Fuji which is along the flight path after departure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7A1Jc55P3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY_QPiYjG9o

Shortly after takeoff, a inflight wifi promotional and instructional video was played.

Followed by the instructional video of the New Business Class seat.

My Travel Map

Comment

Socks, slippers and eyeshades were handed out.

Time to start the IFE. There are a couple of movies I would like to watch, starting with Beauty and the Beast.

Pretty cloudy down there.

My post takeoff beverage of Singapore Sling arrived.

Followed by the signature satay service.

A quick visit to the lavatory between the two Business cabins. As usual, well-stocked with amenities.

View of the forward cabin. It was rather full in Business this evening.

Sunset.

Dinner is served.

My Travel Map

Comment

Sticking with the Japanese theme, I went for the Hanakoireki menu. First up was the beautifully presented floral-shaped cold bento set. This was new as previously the cold starter bento was presented in a square shape. However, I felt the portion sizes have been reduced for the starter bento set. Taste wise was ok.

After the starter bento was cleared, the warm bento set was served, same presentation as before along with miso soup and green tea. It was not bad, though I find the meal served on ANA was a bit better taste wise.

Dessert was the Azuki bean ice-cream with green tea sauce.

The pacing of the dinner service was just right, and next up was the cheese and fruits. I accepted the cheese selection and picked the sole melon from the fruit tray.

Last glimpse of the sun.

Another visit to the lavatory, the one at the front of the aircraft. This particular lavatory is smaller than normal and does not even have amenities cabinets, Amenities were instead placed on a holder.

Forward galley, which is more of a stowage area rather than for F&B preparations.

Flipped my seat over to form the bed. For some reasons, the duvets on the seats were of the old Business Class colours and not the newer ones used on the New Business Class seats. Interesting that SQ would overlook this.

Crew came to take orders for coffee/tea and I requested for an iced mocha. First time I tried this onboard. Pralines were also offered.

Last edited by ycp81; 8 July 2017, 12:49 AM.

My Travel Map

Comment

Time for movie in bed! Started on the second movie, Logan.

A bottle of water was offered.

About 2 more hours to go after I finished with both movies. Channel-hopped through the IFE selection.

Towards the end of the flight, we requested for the 70th Anniversary SQ Teddies and the crew was nice enough to dig out a couple of sets for us!

All comfortable flights have to come to an end and soon the aircraft started descending into Changi.

Landing on Rwy02L right on schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEEpbX1K2G0

A short taxi to Terminal 3. Windows were fogged up due to the humidity outside.

Last look at my seat during disembarkation.

A very comfortable flight on SQ as usual, with the consistent SQ-formulated good and reliable service by the cabin crew. The expected high SQ standards were met, though not much difference from most other SQ Business Class flight experiences. Overall, it has always been a pleasure to fly with SQ Business Class.

Thanks for reading this long report!
                                Last edited by ycp81; 8 July 2017, 01:12 AM.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X