SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 18th October 2018, 09:49 PM   #166
SilverKrisSRG
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
I'm told that in terms of distance, the north pole route is shorter. However when the tail wind is good, they will fly via the Atlantic-Europe route.
thanks @Carbonman , i happened to watch Sam Chui's video that has his interview with Captain Ray Chauwdury, he was told that the pilot has three option of route, over the north pole, through Atlantic , or towards Pacific, all depends on the time of the year and how the wind is doing.
SilverKrisSRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 10:35 PM   #167
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
thanks @Carbonman , i happened to watch Sam Chui's video that has his interview with Captain Ray Chauwdury, he was told that the pilot has three option of route, over the north pole, through Atlantic , or towards Pacific, all depends on the time of the year and how the wind is doing.
In all my experiences flying the non-stop on the A345, they have never flown the Pacific route from EWR, as they would be flying into headwind.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 05:54 PM   #168
PPSFlyer
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: QPPS, IHG Spire, SPG Gold
Default SIA finds premium economy a tougher sell on new non-stop US flights

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...onomy-10929740

Singapore Airlines is facing no problem selling business class tickets on its ultra-long non-stop flights to the United States but is having to price premium economy seats very attractively, a senior executive said on Wednesday (Nov 14).

Singapore Airlines is offering premium economy fares as low as S$1,698 (US$1,230.17) return from Singapore to New York for weekday travel over part of the peak Christmas travel period, according to its website.

That is in line with economy class fares from premium rivals like Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific Airways and Dubai-based Emirates that require a stop and a longer travel time, according to a Reuters search on Expedia.
PPSFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 11:32 PM   #169
SQ_326
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold

Here we go again: conceiving an all J class cabin.
SQ_326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 01:02 PM   #170
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_326 View Post
Here we go again: conceiving an all J class cabin.
Just in time for the next recession.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 02:28 PM   #171
SQ002
SQTalk Elite Silver

Anyone know how's the crew rest period work during flight? Curious about how they rotate, since I assume SQ no longer deploys two teams of crews to operate this flight.
SQ002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 07:13 PM   #172
Chucksta
SQTalker

How’s the US immigration queue at EWR compared to other points of entry? So far I have found SFO to be the best late at night when the SIN-HKG-SFO SQ flight arrives.
Chucksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 08:26 PM   #173
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ002 View Post
Anyone know how's the crew rest period work during flight? Curious about how they rotate, since I assume SQ no longer deploys two teams of crews to operate this flight.
For the pilots, there are 2 team each comprising of a CPT and FO. For the crew believed they have 2 rest periods in between the long flight. Do not think they ever operated with 2 sets of cabin crew.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 03:37 PM   #174
SQ002
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
How’s the US immigration queue at EWR compared to other points of entry? So far I have found SFO to be the best late at night when the SIN-HKG-SFO SQ flight arrives.
I found it quite contrary regarding SFO. the immigration queue was usually very long at SFO when SQ2 arrives. There were multiple instances where we had to wait for 1.5+ hours, although that probably had to do with the peak season
SQ002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 04:18 PM   #175
WBT
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
I'd be interested to know as well, although I'll be experiencing it first hand in a few days so at least that will provide one data point. Arriving on SQ26 at JFK is a breeze, no wait whatsoever (unless the flight is delayed) based on a dozen or so observations in the past two years.
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote