Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    I'm told that in terms of distance, the north pole route is shorter. However when the tail wind is good, they will fly via the Atlantic-Europe route.
    thanks @Carbonman , i happened to watch Sam Chui's video that has his interview with Captain Ray Chauwdury, he was told that the pilot has three option of route, over the north pole, through Atlantic , or towards Pacific, all depends on the time of the year and how the wind is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
      thanks @Carbonman , i happened to watch Sam Chui's video that has his interview with Captain Ray Chauwdury, he was told that the pilot has three option of route, over the north pole, through Atlantic , or towards Pacific, all depends on the time of the year and how the wind is doing.
      In all my experiences flying the non-stop on the A345, they have never flown the Pacific route from EWR, as they would be flying into headwind.

Comment

• SIA finds premium economy a tougher sell on new non-stop US flights

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...onomy-10929740

Singapore Airlines is facing no problem selling business class tickets on its ultra-long non-stop flights to the United States but is having to price premium economy seats very attractively, a senior executive said on Wednesday (Nov 14).

Singapore Airlines is offering premium economy fares as low as S$1,698 (US$1,230.17) return from Singapore to New York for weekday travel over part of the peak Christmas travel period, according to its website.

That is in line with economy class fares from premium rivals like Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific Airways and Dubai-based Emirates that require a stop and a longer travel time, according to a Reuters search on Expedia.

Comment

• Here we go again: conceiving an all J class cabin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
            Here we go again: conceiving an all J class cabin.
            Just in time for the next recession.

Comment

• Anyone know how's the crew rest period work during flight? Curious about how they rotate, since I assume SQ no longer deploys two teams of crews to operate this flight.

Comment

• How’s the US immigration queue at EWR compared to other points of entry? So far I have found SFO to be the best late at night when the SIN-HKG-SFO SQ flight arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
                  Anyone know how's the crew rest period work during flight? Curious about how they rotate, since I assume SQ no longer deploys two teams of crews to operate this flight.
                  For the pilots, there are 2 team each comprising of a CPT and FO. For the crew believed they have 2 rest periods in between the long flight. Do not think they ever operated with 2 sets of cabin crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                    How’s the US immigration queue at EWR compared to other points of entry? So far I have found SFO to be the best late at night when the SIN-HKG-SFO SQ flight arrives.
                    I found it quite contrary regarding SFO. the immigration queue was usually very long at SFO when SQ2 arrives. There were multiple instances where we had to wait for 1.5+ hours, although that probably had to do with the peak season

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                      How’s the US immigration queue at EWR compared to other points of entry? So far I have found SFO to be the best late at night when the SIN-HKG-SFO SQ flight arrives.
                      I'd be interested to know as well, although I'll be experiencing it first hand in a few days so at least that will provide one data point. Arriving on SQ26 at JFK is a breeze, no wait whatsoever (unless the flight is delayed) based on a dozen or so observations in the past two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBT View Post
                        I'd be interested to know as well, although I'll be experiencing it first hand in a few days so at least that will provide one data point. Arriving on SQ26 at JFK is a breeze, no wait whatsoever (unless the flight is delayed) based on a dozen or so observations in the past two years.
                        Forgot to update... immigration at EWR was very quick, no lines at all. However there was an LY flight from TLV that landed slightly after we did, and the first passengers started to arrive at immigration midway through the SQ pax. So if LY is ten minutes earlier and SQ ten minutes later, you could be at the end of the LY line. There seemed to be a lot of counters open, so it may not be terrible even then. Don't know what the situation is like when the US is back on DST.

Also there were no automated kiosks for ESTA travelers, but the ones at JFK can be a bit random in recognizing all data correctly.

Comment

• A quick question relating to the closure of Pakistan airspace.

SQ21 used the polar route today (Feb28) EWR-SIN after the closure occurred.

I noticed that SQ21 seems to take the polar route only as a last resort. It usually flies trans-atlantic to Europe and back to SIN from there like other Europe-SIN flights.

The flight time looks similar, just about 10 min apart from Feb27 where it flew trans-atlantic.

Is the polar route more expensive or difficult that it is not the usual route of choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                            Is the polar route more expensive or difficult that it is not the usual route of choice?
                            I think its because there are less diversion airports on the polar route.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              I think its because there are less diversion airports on the polar route.
                              Yes, this makes sense.

Comment

• LAX is again up for Spontaneous Escapes - it makes me wonder whether 10x weekly on the ULR is too much capacity especially given PE fares are still pretty low. Could one flight go to the regular A350 with blocking seats?

I seem to remember United dropped it because their bookings were quite bad.
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X