Trump & Kim To Meet In Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump & Kim To Meet In Singapore

So, the greatly-anticipated sumnit between Trump and Kim will take place in Singapore on 12 June. Let's see if we can catch Air Force One and Air Koryo at Changi.

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
    So, the greatly-anticipated sumnit between Trump and Kim will take place in Singapore on 12 June. Let's see if we can catch Air Force One and Air Koryo at Changi.
    Highly possible that they will land at Paya Lebar Airbase instead.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I just remembered that the Supreme Leader has his private jet, emblazoned with the official name of his country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-44054024

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Highly possible that they will land at Paya Lebar Airbase instead.
        Yes confirmed the 2 Air Force 1 will land at PLAB. Just like it always have been during when Obama came here
        For Kim as he is either on Air Koryo or a private jet which will very likely sure to land at Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Yes confirmed the 2 Air Force 1 will land at PLAB. Just like it always have been during when Obama came here
          For Kim as he is either on Air Koryo or a private jet which will very likely sure to land at Changi.
          From a political pov, I think both planes will land at the same airport, in this case PLAB, even if it is a private jet carrying Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
            From a political pov, I think both planes will land at the same airport, in this case PLAB, even if it is a private jet carrying Kim.
            The Straits Times article (Premium): Leaders' planes may land at Paya Lebar, say security experts
            https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...curity-experts

Also, China's President Xi Jinping may also travel to Singapore when Trump meets Kim: Report
            https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...-summit-report

We might see Air China B747-400 too
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

so far there seems to be only USAF planes and US aircrafts carrying US VIPs landing at PLAB.
              Other foreign dignitries all land at Changi at the VIP terminal.

Comment

so far there seems to be only USAF planes and US aircrafts carrying US VIPs landing at PLAB.
                Other foreign dignitries all land at Changi at the VIP terminal.
                The very reason they decided to host it in Singapore is to avoid any appearance of favouring one side over the other other.

Politically speaking, I don’t think Kim will fancy having to land at a commercial airport when trump is landing at a military airport.

A lot of political consideration in the politics. It’s all about optics.

Comment

We shall see when the time comes. There will be US support aircrafts like at least 2 C-17s which will bring Trump's specially customised and protected limo which its called "the beast" and other vehicle and army special forces protection team. Unlike Kim which would be in his private plane or a chartered Air Koryo whith no other aircrafts.
                  Similiarly for security reasons, do not think US would want to be in the same airport with Kim's.

Comment

We shall see when the time comes. There will be US support aircrafts like at least 2 C-17s which will bring Trump's specially customised and protected limo which its called "the beast" and other vehicle and army special forces protection team. Unlike Kim which would be in his private plane or a chartered Air Koryo whith no other aircrafts.
                    Similiarly for security reasons, do not think US would want to be in the same airport with Kim's.
                    I guess, we shall see whether politics vs practicality lol

Comment

Just read this on the ST. Note the dimensions of the IL-62's cabin at the top. They say Koreans are small, but I can't imagine that they are this small!

Comment

Donald Trump cancelled the meeting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trum...ancelled-.html
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

And it's now apparently back on.. what a circus

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/txtstories/...type=2&theater

Comment

Talking about military jets, has anyone noticed that there is almost always a RSAF C-130 Hercules type aircraft turning around Singapore in daytime. Actually it appears on flight radar too.

Comment

Working...
                              X