No announcement yet.

Air Travel Bubble Flights between Singapore and Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked specifically if I could apply for re-entry before I left and the answer was "No."

The risk, without knowing whether a return is possible, is too great.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      I asked specifically if I could apply for re-entry before I left and the answer was "No."

The risk, without knowing whether a return is possible, is too great.
      Why don’t you try apply for the entry approval now? Have u really try to apply ?

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        Why don’t you try apply for the entry approval now? Have u really try to apply ?
        Based in the feedback from MoM, I don't have tickets anymore.

Comment

Based in the feedback from MoM, I don't have tickets anymore.
          Mainly miles.com have an article today n they mention that some ppl have apply for entry approval while they are still in Singapore n gotten approval under this ATB.

Comment

Today HK announced 4 local cases with 2 unlinked.
            Also they announced that they have around additional 20 preliminary positive cases of which most are unlinked.

So there is a chance that the ATB might be suspended even before it start.

Comment

UPDATE:

I have actually been in further discussions with MoM again this morning, after getting in touch initially yesterday afternoon - sorry, I didn't see your messages until just now.

At the time of my initial enquiries to MoM directly on Nov.16th and 17th, the information I was given was correct - applications could NOT be done before departure and could ONLY be done when the LTP holder was overseas.

Since then, guidelines have changed.

Now, yes, approval can be sought 30-days prior to arrival regardless if LTP holder is overseas or in Singapore. This means, if I had held my tickets a week or so, I could have been approved.

And with that said, depending on the actual condition/guideline on the date of return, approvals may be cancelled!

This means, if the ATB is cancelled before departure, no problem, but if the ATB is cancelled whilst in HK, the approval that was given previously, may be cancelled.

Note today there are 50-positive and provisional case in HK with 21-local infections (twice that of yesterday) and, reportedly, 7-unlinked! Primary 1-3 are now cancelled for two weeks, after kindergartens were shut already for a week.

I still stand by my earlier concerns for LTP holders travelling under the ATB that there is a chance of being stuck. This case is a good example of how guidelines today can be different tomorrow or next week.

Comment

S'pore, Hong Kong in close contact over whether air travel bubble will proceed amid spike in Covid-19 cases there

Situation is so fluid...

Comment

Likely the first flight tomorrow will go on but if any situation occurs which seems highly possible those returning back from HK will have to take the non bubble flights and subject to SHN when they are back in SIN.

Comment

At the time of my initial enquiries to MoM directly on Nov.16th and 17th, the information I was given was correct - applications could NOT be done before departure and could ONLY be done when the LTP holder was overseas.
                    For clarity, and avoiding confusion/misunderstanding, my initial enquiries with MoM were Nov.11th and 12th.

I have no idea where these other dates came from. Other than I'm still working from home, one day blends into the next and my brain is pretty much fried, there isn't an excuse for being so tardy.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      Likely the first flight tomorrow will go on but if any situation occurs which seems highly possible those returning back from HK will have to take the non bubble flights and subject to SHN when they are back in SIN.

With nine unlinked HK cases on Friday out of 21-confirmed local cases, it is a concern certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        Thought it would be wiser for them to delay it than to open it and only close it a few days later. No point taking a risk end up Singapore import positive cases. Then the delay will be a whole lot longer and you don’t want the the first ATB to have the first positive import case so soon

Comment

Formally;

"Employers and passholders are advised to carefully consider the necessity for the pass holder to leave Singapore in the first place. If the trip is deemed truly necessary, the pass holder will be subjected to the prevailing health protocols upon his return, depending on the countries he had visited.

Any change in these health protocols will still be applied to him, even if the entry approval had been secured earlier. Do note that changes in border control measures implemented by Singapore or at any of the countries the pass holder is visiting would affect his ability to utilise the entry approval."

Comment

Formally;

"Employers and passholders are advised to carefully consider the necessity for the pass holder to leave Singapore in the first place. If the trip is deemed truly necessary, the pass holder will be subjected to the prevailing health protocols upon his return, depending on the countries he had visited.

Any change in these health protocols will still be applied to him, even if the entry approval had been secured earlier. Do note that changes in border control measures implemented by Singapore or at any of the countries the pass holder is visiting would affect his ability to utilise the entry approval."
                            True. Just like malaysia, many ppl have been affected due to the sudden change in the quarantine policy to 14 days. But then malaysia have show that they are unable to control the situation. Hopefully HK can try to control the situation but I am still puzzled why HK govt allowed people to visit those people who are quarantined in hotels which results in the latest situation.

Comment

Arrivals to Singapore under the bubble will have to take a test on arrival:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...est-on-arrival
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

The flights have now been postponed by 2 weeks.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X