Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Travel Bubble Flights between Singapore and Hong Kong

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...UVEfp8Dc7eXGAA

Singapore has established a bilateral Air Travel Bubble (ATB) arrangement with Hong Kong. Eligible customers may travel to either city for any purpose, including for leisure, and do not have to undergo quarantine measures.

The inaugural ATB flight from Singapore, SQ890, will depart on 22 November while the inaugural ATB flight from Hong Kong, SQ891, will depart on 23 November.

Route Month Date Departure Arrival Flight Number
    Singapore – Hong Kong November 22 10:00 14:00 SQ 890
    Singapore – Hong Kong November 23 08:00 11:45 SQ 890
    Hong Kong – Singapore November 23 12:55 16:55 SQ 891

The cap on passengers is 200 per SQ flight. Wonder which aircraft type will SQ be sending. The regional planes will have over 300 seats.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      The cap on passengers is 200 per SQ flight. Wonder which aircraft type will SQ be sending. The regional planes will have over 300 seats.
      They stated they will be sending A350-900 Long Haul variants to HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
        They stated they will be sending A350-900 Long Haul variants to HKG.
        According to the flight schedules, it's still a Boeing 787.

Comment

Its still a 787 now but did hear that SQ will use a 3 class A350. Seems the economy tickets are above $1k now and this does not include the covid test to be taken 72 hours before the flight and another test when arriving in HK. It will be expensive flights for now.
          Last edited by flyguy; 12 November 2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Its still a 787 now but did hear that SQ will use a 3 class A350. Seems the economy tickets are above $1k now and this does not include the covid test to be taken 72 hours before the flight and another test when arriving in HK. It will be expensive flights for now.
            too many people will be too desperate to get out. so to those it will be ok price

Comment

Its still a bit of hassle as need take 3 times of covid test - once in SIN 72 hours before departure, and then on arrival in HK where a swap test is taken and need to wait up to 4 hours for the result before one can exit the airport, and it mentioned too that pax leaving HK need to take a test 72 hours before flying - but this is somewhat confusing as it does it mean pax from SIN who travel to HKG and then when they leave, do they have to take a 72 hour test before leaving the territory?

Comment

although I’m someone who used to fly >10 times annually to HK, I’m not in any rush to travel now... imo too many restrictions and requirements...it’s likely going to be stressful.
                But I am keen to note whether KFEGs get a good chance of upgrades on these flights... just to “distribute” the people 😂
                The last time I flew was on Christmas Eve 2019 on SQ891 and I got a good (albeit expected and planned for) upgrade with my wife for to business.... i mean, it was always going to happen.. it was a sold out flight and they sold tickets based on a 773... but that week they only had SYH & SYL available so it was always going to have to be swapped to a 77W.

Comment

Its still a bit of hassle as need take 3 times of covid test - once in SIN 72 hours before departure, and then on arrival in HK where a swap test is taken and need to wait up to 4 hours for the result before one can exit the airport, and it mentioned too that pax leaving HK need to take a test 72 hours before flying - but this is somewhat confusing as it does it mean pax from SIN who travel to HKG and then when they leave, do they have to take a 72 hour test before leaving the territory?
                  Yes.

"Travellers from Singapore will be tested for COVID-19 at three points: Before departing from Singapore, upon arriving in Hong Kong, and before departing from Hong Kong." https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9-faq-13514554

Comment

A lot of dates are sold out in December esp before Xmas.

Not sure whether demand is really good or SQ is holding back some of the inventory as they are suppose to operate A350 LH n yet no PE seat are for sale right now

Comment

I wonder what is going on with the SQ IT team again!
                      CX seems to do a much better job in getting ready for the bubble flights.
                      I am confused on the aircraft display even on expertflyer.

I am still convinced that they are not ready for the bubble flights yet, rather than heavy demand! Given the four hours wait in HK oon arrival... which is longer than the flight itself! I am not sure if people are willing to deal with it.

Carfield

Comment

Originally posted by SQ28 View Post
                        Yes.

"Travellers from Singapore will be tested for COVID-19 at three points: Before departing from Singapore, upon arriving in Hong Kong, and before departing from Hong Kong." https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9-faq-13514554
                        Apparently if you leave within 72 hours don’t have to take the test again
                        Originally posted by Carfield View Post

I am still convinced that they are not ready for the bubble flights yet, rather than heavy demand! Given the four hours wait in HK oon arrival... which is longer than the flight itself! I am not sure if people are willing to deal with it.

Carfield
                        I think there are enough people who are desperate enough and trying to get out of the country

Comment

The flights will be full for at least 2-3 weeks, as I have 3 HK friends who are working here who would be going back in first week of december as they have not been back for a good 11 months and my friends have mentioned that many working and studying here will be doing the same. Similairly I would think that the several thousand of Singaporeans who are working and living in HK would be doing the same. And these people do not mind or have no choice about doing the 3 covid tests.

Comment

Just to clarify on the 72 hours rule

"If your return flight to Hong Kong is scheduled to depart within 72 hours of when you provided the test specimen for your first COVID-19 test in Hong Kong, and the test results were negative, you won’t need to get tested again in Singapore."

I am just wondering if SQ is changing SQ 890/1 to an Airbus A350-900 with three cabin classes or not. Since they cap at 200 passengers per flight, using 359 or 751 makes little different with the exception of cargo space. I presume 359 will allow SQ to sell premium economy seats, which will improve its revenue!

Given the four hours wait on arrival in HK, I prefer SQ schedule!

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post

Carfield
                              Definitely, CX marked the travel bubble flights clearly and has more information on their website, the only thing that puts them at a disadvantage is their schedule for people traveling from SIN to HKG, arriving at 7 PM to wait for 4 hours is just a hassle. Honestly, it works this way, fly SQ if your journey starts in Singapore, fly CX if your journey starts in Hong Kong. It seems that's how CX and SQ dividing the cake.

Comment

Working...
                              X