Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United finally launches real Premium Economy -- sort of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United finally launches real Premium Economy -- sort of...

United recently took delivery of their 787-10...

A nice article from AusBT here...

The J cabin comprises their highly regarded Polaris seats in 1-2-1.

The plane also has regular Y and Y+ (Economy Plus) cabins in 3-3-3.

However I was quite excited to learn that they will now have a true Premium Economy cabin on the 787-10, to be called Premium Plus, which looks to be a comfortable 2-3-2.

Earlier this year, they also launched the Premium Plus hard product on some of their 772 fleet (Laid out 2-4-2).

The interesting thing is, while the hard product is in use, they haven't formally launched their Premium Plus offering yet, and are still selling these seats on planes as regular Economy Plus (Y+) seats which presumably some lucky pax may be able to pre-select.

It would be interesting to see what United's Premium Economy service concept is, especially since on the 787-10, they will have Polaris Business, Premium Plus, as well as Economy Plus and Economy.

Looking forward to the upcoming launch. I am very keen to see if United does a better job of PEY catering than SQ, who think they can get away with Y catering in the PEY cabin.

I never knew until after seeing this post and researching UA has ordered 787-10 aircraft. Do they have the range like the 789 currently does?

Comment

Yes, I have recently took their 777-200 from EWR to ORD. the premium EY seat looks similar to the SQ premium EY.

Comment

Very keen to try their J seat. Pity their offering to Singapore is the old seat

Comment

Working...
        X