Ear/Headphones - What do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    Between "SENNHEISER C300 NOISE BLOCKING EAR CANAL PHONES" & "BANG & OLUFSEN EARPHONES WITH ADAPTOR FOR AIRCRAFT" which would you guys choose? Looking for earphones and trying to spend the PPS krisshop vouchers at the same time. Or is there any earphones / headphones that they sell?
    These are different types of earphones, and it really depends on what you are looking for and what you prefer. The C300s reduce noise by acting as earplugs, blocking out noise. This style is somewhat polarizing, with some people (myself included) not really liking the constant earplug-like sensation. (For noise reduction, I prefer over-the-ear phones such as the Bose QC2/3s, which actively block out noise by emitting opposite frequencies.) The B&Os, IMO, are quite good headphones and very comfortable to wear, but they have no noise-reduction capabilities. This may not be a huge disadvantage, if you are not looking for that type of headphone and you are looking for comfortable, quality headphones to use on a daily basis.

Comment

I used to have the B&O and I found it to be very uncomfortable. I'm not sure if this is related to my ear shape or the earphone itself. It is a decent earphone, but it is probably best not to be used in noisy environment.

I just got a cheap Sennheiser PXC250 and despite, some unfavorable reviews here, I found it to be pretty good. It is definitely not as comfortable as Bose earphone, but good enough to be used in the planes and blocked most ambient noise.

Comment

I have this one for mine Ipod Nano:

http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b133169.jpg

Creative EARPHONES EP-630

Comment

With the recent (overpriced) acquisition of Beats by Apple, I thought I'd resurrect this old chestnut.

I've had my Shures for almost 7 years now and can without a doubt say they are the best on the market. The new SE535 (LTD if you can get it) has a much better and compact PTH/PTT module and they now come with a bulky, yet functional case.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Note: In speaking with Shure's NA Headquarters, I found that Dr. Dre is actually one of their clients. LOL
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            With the recent (overpriced) acquisition of Beats by Apple, I thought I'd resurrect this old chestnut.

I've had my Shures for almost 7 years now and can without a doubt say they are the best on the market. The new SE535 (LTD if you can get it) has a much better and compact PTH/PTT module and they now come with a bulky, yet functional case.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Note: In speaking with Shure's NA Headquarters, I found that Dr. Dre is actually one of their clients. LOL
            I use Shure earbuds as well. They are great -- very musical, and because of the snug fit, they isolate sound very well as well. Subjectively they work better than active noise cancelling headphones. When not listening to music, I use them as earplugs on flights. These days I use SE425's, but used to use SE115's. The SE425's sound better but even the basic SE115's sound fine. HUGE AL's SE535's sound the best, but they were a little over my budget :-)

Earbuds aside, I also use a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear headphones. These sound superb. Very musical and engaging, and also isolate sound quite well. Some people say the headband on this is quite stiff and so the headphones feel quite tight, but I am ok with it. Note that this is a higher-end model than the Momentum On Ear, which are marginally less expensive, and still sound good, but not quite at the same level as the Over Ear models.

The Momentum Over Ears also come with a microphone, and I have found that the phones and mic work great for audio conference calls, either on my iPhone, or plugged directly into my MacBook.

I usually pick up my headphones from Jaben at Adelphi. Wide selection and good pricing. Another good place is Hung Brothers at Sim Lim Square.

Comment

For the record, I have the predecessor to the SE535s.

Wait a minute, you have the SE425s AND a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Over Ears and you're saying the SE535s were out of your budget?

And you say you fly whY, but we catch you in J?

hahahahaha LOL

Point of my post: Get the Shures. You won't be sorry and will probably not buy another pair of headphones as long as you don't break them.
              HUGE AL

Comment

For the record, I have the predecessor to the SE535s.

Wait a minute, you have the SE425s AND a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Over Ears and you're saying the SE535s were out of your budget?

And you say you fly whY, but we catch you in J?

hahahahaha LOL

Point of my post: Get the Shures. You won't be sorry and will probably not buy another pair of headphones as long as you don't break them.
                Different budget allocated to in-ear headphones for travelling, and large headphones for home listening :-)

But yes, the Shures are great!

Comment

Agree with you, yflyer, on different budgets for travelling and home use. In the past, I've lost too many earphones in hotels, planes and taxis that I now travel with cheaper ones, sufficient enough to drown out the noise so that I can watch House of Cards in peace.

Comment

Shure Trade-In Program

They will accept any 500 Series and USD$240 to get a new pair of SE535s. Unsure on the other Series'.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    House of Cards
                    Is that show THAT good?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Is that show THAT good?
                      I enjoy Kevin Spacey - especially on stage. Yes, I enjoy the plot - the manipulation, the horse trading and shadow plays - almost like reading Machiavelli. I collect a whole season and watch it over a week or so. Great for jet lags, long taxi rides and lounge waits.

Comment

Bought a pair of Bose QC15 last year...

somehow i just stick to my Bose IE2 with iPod Nano
                        drink Coke...save water

Comment

A review of Shure's SE846 vs Westone's W60

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/battle-of-the-titans

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            A review of Shure's SE846 vs Westone's W60

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/battle-of-the-titans
                            Thanks for posting! I have not encountered the Westone brand before, but the W60's sure sound impressive from the review. I wonder how their midrange models sound.

Comment

Traded my QC15 to QC25. New enhancements:

- Top synthetic leather now suede
                              - case is compact now than last
                              - 3.5mm jack not proprietary anymore. Can plug anywhere
                              - when AAA dies, music goes on but no noise cancellation

drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                                Bang & Olufsen A8 for daily iPod use.
                                Bose QC2 for flights.
                                Been using the Skullcandy Noise Cancelling phones for a month now while my QC2s are out of commission and they're good value for the money ($70).
                                And 8 years later...
                                Bose QC20i for flying, rail, long road journeys. Ever since I've got them, I haven't used my QC15s (which I got as an upgrade from the QC2) at all.
                                JayBird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Headphones for gym and my regular commute. Best bluetooth sound ever, and I love how the X-fit lifts it off your neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X