[Update - Confirmed] The Private Room on Redemption: entry policy relaxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Update - Confirmed] The Private Room on Redemption: entry policy relaxed

So, just rocked up from BNE to SIN and wander up to the Silverkris lounge at T3. One moment sir as the dragon checks my boarding pass on the computer.

Ah, please follow me Mr Centurionman, you are invited to the Private Room and leads me there and hands me off to a waiter with whom I have just ordered my breakfast. Who am I to question or argue.

My ticket is a redemption ticket booked into I and O.

Go figure. I'm not complaining though. It is very nice indeed in here although I was expecting an chorus of angels to offer me mana instead of the excellent omlette.

hey that's great!

I'm flying next week on a standard F award SIN-SYD...will try and sneak my way into TPR - tried it last time and was booted out!!

Normally I wouldn't care but since I'm on the midnight flight SIN-SYD I wouldn't mind having a proper dinner in TPR - the selection in the F lounge is normally pathetic. They should have a full service restaurant style like QF's F lounges in SYD/MEL - they are superb.

Comment

Centurionman, do you have any status with SQ?

Nice gesture! Dinner before an overnight flight is definitely the way to go. Especially on shorter flights like Sydney and Melbourne.

Comment

If it is truely applied consistently...then they must have done it after the feedback from Manflyer!

Comment

I've experienced TPR but was underwhelmed and end up spending my time in the regular F lounge.

Positives :
          If you're having a meal there, I suggest you ask for the canapes. Its not on the menu and depending on the time of your visit, not displayed on the food bar too. The last time I was there the canapes include Chilli crab on mantou (that's the best), and another 2-3 selections all of which were good.

Apart from the canapes, TPR also offers some items for dinner or breakfast that's not provided in the F lounge. But I find the food in the F lounge satisfactory enough. Besides, most of the items on the menu are also offered on the F lounge - if you order any of these items, the server just go to the F lounge buffet and pick those up for you. Not all the items available on the F lounge are shown on the menu either.

Negatives :
          The service is very slow. Most of the items on the menu (apart from the canapes and unique menu items) are available, and sourced from, the F lounge. I find it more expedient for me to go to the F lounge and help myself to what I want.

End result :
          After several experiences, I find myself giving up on the TPR. I usually show up there for 5 minutes, tell them I'd like the canapes but can I have it in the F lounge? And then make myself comfortable in the F lounge and help myself to what I want in the buffett. And when the unique TPR orders are ready, they serve it to me in the F lounge.

Comment

I was at the TPR again last Sunday and this time I'm only pax there. It's so quiet now that a staff at the fronkdesk have to actually run ahead of me to tell the attendants at TPR someone is coming to the lounge. Guess otherwise they might be caught sleeping if I just walk in

I was served by only one attendant who runs around fetching the food for me. Food is still good as usual, but it gets so eerily quiet that I actually went back to the regular F Lounge after my meal for my coffee where there are a few more people. Just feel wierd and uncomfortable being the only person in such a huge place.

This place should really be open up for Redepmtion and PPS pax or just scrap the whole TPR idea and make it an extension of the F class lounge at T3.

Comment

Hi All,

How to qualify to go into the private room? I have a first class SFO in Sep, but I am just EG status, do I qualify? Or only PPS & above then have access to TPR?

Comment

19 PAGES for your reading pleasure and where this thread should have been posted to begin with.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4699

No clue how to search (yes, this means YOU), go here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7237
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  Hi All,

How to qualify to go into the private room? I have a first class SFO in Sep, but I am just EG status, do I qualify? Or only PPS & above then have access to TPR?
                  Theoretically, you should have a fully paid F class or Suite Class ticket to qualify. No upgrades, redemption tickets or PPS / EG status.

Comment

Well, I sure hope this is a change in policy... at least one month from now on the way to OSL!

Comment

Has anyone else been able to enter TPR on a redemption F BP?

cheers.

Comment

hmmm.... will check this with my O BP next week....
                        Hope the ancient rules had changed following where the wind blow...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                          Has anyone else been able to enter TPR on a redemption F BP?

cheers.
                          Not when I was flying on August 7, 2009 -- only F lounge.

Comment

I can confirm Centurionman experience with the TPR. As mentioned by HUGE AL, there is a whole thread dedicated to it in the Lounges subforum. I have posted my experience with regards to the TPR access as of this morning.
                            Last edited by zander; 21 August 2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the powers that be would be so kind as to merge this thread with the original thread before HUGE AL loses his mind

NB: Not that I don't disagree with his frustrations

Comment

Working...
                              X