A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
    The Business Class fares on the EWR route is climbling, from over SGD5000 initially to more than SGD7000 now while premium economy has fallen from SGD2,200 to SGD 1700.

SGD1700 is about how much other airlines charge for flying from SIN to NYC in Economy. If customers are not biting at this price point, maybe the demand isn't there at all. Offering economy is not likely to help.

The writing is on the wall if this goes on. From a corporate perspective, converting the plane to have Suites and Business may do wonders for their revenue numbers.
    Lowest SIA premium economy all-in return fares by market (ranked from cheapest to highest price):

Singapore-Hong Kong SGD848
    Singapore-Delhi SGD1118
    Singapore-Mumbai SGD1138
    Singapore-Los Angeles SGD1338
    Singapore-San Francisco SGD1388
    Singapore-Dubai SGD1398
    Singapore-Shanghai SGD1408
    Singapore-Beijing SGD1408
    Singapore-New York(EWR) SGD1438
    Singapore-Seoul SGD1438
    Singapore-Osaka SGD1648
    Singapore-Brisbane SGD1668
    Singapore-Tokyo SGD1688
    Singapore-Melbourne SGD1698
    Singapore-Canberra SGD1698
    Singapore-Sydney SGD1728

Comment

• There doesn't appear be a double delivery taking place today. 9V-SGG took off on her Delivery Flight this morning as SQ8896. She is expected to arrive at Changi today at 7.30pm (local time). There has been no sign of any activity from 9V-SHA since her 2nd CAF on 12 Dec. We will have to wait and see if she will be delivered later today.
      Last edited by SQKevin; 15 December 2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
        Lowest SIA premium economy all-in return fares by market (ranked from cheapest to highest price):

Singapore-Delhi SGD1118
        Singapore-Mumbai SGD1138
        Singapore-Dubai SGD1398
        Singapore-Seoul SGD1438
        Singapore-Osaka SGD1648
        Singapore-Tokyo SGD1688
        Singapore-Sydney SGD1728
        I think the US nonstop fares are promotional ones which are not available anymore. A friend had wanted to bring his family to Tokyo and the fare was about SGD1000 in Economy. They decided to go LAX instead when they saw the SGD1338 fare. What a steal! The lowest I see now is SGD1697 to EWR and SGD1547 to LAX and SFO. Still very competitive. I hope the fare holds for awhile. I want to visit New York end 2019. It's been a long while since I saw the Big Apple.

Comment

• 9V-SGG has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 29. This completes the delivery of all 7 URLs.

Comment

• 9V-SHA has not been cleared for delivery. She is currently performing a 3rd CAF. Hopefully she will be delivered early in the coming week.

Comment

Singapore-Delhi SGD1118
              Singapore-Mumbai SGD1138
              Singapore-Dubai SGD1398
              Singapore-Seoul SGD1438
              Singapore-Osaka SGD1648
              Singapore-Tokyo SGD1688
              Singapore-Sydney SGD1728
              I find it interesting that BNE is so high on this list by price yet is losing the PEY product. They have it priced almost as high as MEL.

Comment

• That's because esp to and from MEL the demand is high for all classes and SIA will take advantage of the fact and the PEY fares will even go as high as $2,400 during very peak times. But for other routes, comparatively PEY fares are still cheaper especially to the States.

Comment

Singapore-Delhi SGD1118
                  Singapore-Mumbai SGD1138
                  Singapore-Dubai SGD1398
                  Singapore-Seoul SGD1438
                  Singapore-Osaka SGD1648
                  Singapore-Tokyo SGD1688
                  Singapore-Sydney SGD1728
                  Any ideas where would SIN-AKL sit on the list above?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    That's because esp to and from MEL the demand is high for all classes and SIA will take advantage of the fact and the PEY fares will even go as high as $2,400 during very peak times. But for other routes, comparatively PEY fares are still cheaper especially to the States.
                    I'm acutely aware of demand in and out of MEL. My point was in relation to previous discussions regarding BNE losing PEY as I believe two of the three long-haul A350s are now to be replaced with regionals that are 2-class. If they are able to charge essentially the same fare to BNE as MEL, and indeed a far higher fare than to LAX and SFO, it's not really indicative that they've been struggling to fill the PEY cabin to BNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                      There doesn't appear be a double delivery taking place today. 9V-SGG took off on her Delivery Flight this morning as SQ8896. She is expected to arrive at Changi today at 7.30pm (local time). There has been no sign of any activity from 9V-SHA since her 2nd CAF on 12 Dec. We will have to wait and see if she will be delivered later today.
                      No news about 9V-SHA at all. I wonder what's up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        I'm acutely aware of demand in and out of MEL. My point was in relation to previous discussions regarding BNE losing PEY as I believe two of the three long-haul A350s are now to be replaced with regionals that are 2-class. If they are able to charge essentially the same fare to BNE as MEL, and indeed a far higher fare than to LAX and SFO, it's not really indicative that they've been struggling to fill the PEY cabin to BNE.
                        I wonder what are the loads (and fares) like for J on BNE? Could it be that loads on J may not be that good, and as such, SQ decided to put 2 of the A350 flights to Regionals such that pax who are willing to pay a bit more for a more premium class than Y would have to "step up further" and opt for the new Regional J, with more seats than the current long haul A350 PEY?

Comment

9V-SHA has not been cleared for delivery. She is currently performing a 3rd CAF. Hopefully she will be delivered early in the coming week.
                          Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          No news about 9V-SHA at all. I wonder what's up.
                          SQfanatic, I believe you missed my latest update on 9V-SHA yesterday. Please see the quoted post above.

Comment

SQfanatic, I believe you missed my latest update on 9V-SHA yesterday. Please see the quoted post above.
                            Yeah got it now. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• 9V-SHB operating as SQ279, has arrived in Adelaide this morning at 8:13am (ACDST) to a traditional water cannon welcome.

Last edited by ADL_SQ; 18 December 2018, 06:07 AM. Reason: Photo link incorrect

Comment

• 9V-SHA is finally ready for delivery. Her Delivery Flight should take place later today.

Airbus A350 -941 254 9V-SHA Singapore Airlines delivery 17dec18 TLS-SIN ex F-WZGX
                                http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regd...LC=nav4&page=2

Comment

Working...
                                X