• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heihei View Post
    Same as SKU J and PY
    Do you have a source for it?

Comment

• Even the batch 3 A350-900 (aka regional) are 2 classes too, though this time will be J and EY. and different J seats too, strong rumors that it will be the same as the upcoming new J seats to be found in the B787-10

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Do you have a source for it?
        yes...but can't disclose...sorry

Comment

• Since we're now in February, looks like delivery may be soon for SMU. After that we'll know if it's a longhaul or regional 350.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Since we're now in February, looks like delivery may be soon for SMU. After that we'll know if it's a longhaul or regional 350.
            How can it be regional when the regional cabins/seats are not even unveiled?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
              How can it be regional when the regional cabins/seats are not even unveiled?
              Save your energy. The rest of us have tried using rational argument, had no impact and moved on...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                Save your energy. The rest of us have tried using rational argument, had no impact and moved on...
                Roger.

Comment

• SQ391/392 reverted back to 772? Or?

I am quite sure I read somewhere that SIN-IST was served by the A359, but it seems that it's using the B772s again. Am I missing something or have I been dreaming?

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                    I am quite sure I read somewhere that SIN-IST was served by the A359, but it seems that it's using the B772s again. Am I missing something or have I been dreaming?
                    I think you might have been dreaming, my friend. I don't recall anything about IST ever being served by A359s. There was speculation yes but it never materialised.

Comment

It should be, but it isn't. Like many former routes of the 10-strong "refitted" 772ER fleet, 20 A350s have arrived and been deployed, but they still have an old 772 for a long haul flight. CHC is another.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                        I think you might have been dreaming, my friend. I don't recall anything about IST ever being served by A359s. There was speculation yes but it never materialised.
                        Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        It should be, but it isn't. Like many former routes of the 10-strong "refitted" 772ER fleet, 20 A350s have arrived and been deployed, but they still have an old 772 for a long haul flight. CHC is another.
                        Oops. I must have been wanting to fly on the A359 real bad. Or I might have mixed it up with CPH (that's an A359 right?). Guess I'll consider TK seriously then. b77W > old b772.

Does anyone have the behind the scenes scoop why IST and CHC are such second-class long hauls (along with WLG to some extent)? I hope it doesn't mean SQ might axe IST. Look at ATH and CAI, and I get nervous.

(but as said earlier there's TK)

Comment

Oops. I must have been wanting to fly on the A359 real bad. Or I might have mixed it up with CPH (that's an A359 right?).
                          NO CPH has 77WR

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                            NO CPH has 77WR
                            Doh wrong again! Looks like the A359 roll out is not quick enough for me! For how long more can SQ be expected to receive these birds (A359s)? And any chance of seeing the 787-10s on IST?

SQ seems to be busy with the A380s now

https://www.singaporeair.com/microsi...ties/singapore

Comment

Doh wrong again! Looks like the A359 roll out is not quick enough for me! For how long more can SQ be expected to receive these birds (A359s)? And any chance of seeing the 787-10s on IST?

SQ seems to be busy with the A380s now

https://www.singaporeair.com/microsi...ties/singapore
                              CPH was one of the hot picks for speculators for A359 launch, but it was curiously overlooked in favour of AMS. It stuck with the 772ERs for quite awhile til they finally upgauged it to a 77WR not too long ago (i hear the route is doing pretty well).

SQ has 60 A359s (around there) on order (not sure if that includes the ULRs), but it depends on how they want to stagger the deliveries, so its anyone's guess. If it continues at the current rate, we should see average 12-14 birds delivered a year if my memory doesn't fail me. Which means....another 4-5 years? Someone with more accurate knowledge correct me if i'm wrong.

The 787-10 should have the range for IST. IST and CHC are the 2 longer haul routes than are still serviced by those ancient 772ERs. If SQ were acting as we expect, those would be the first routes served by the 787-10s but given the way things have been going, again its anyone's guess. What is more or less certain is that these birds will be used to serve some destinations in Japan, China, Australia, India and perhaps within SEA.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                                SQ has 60 A359s (around there) on order (not sure if that includes the ULRs), but it depends on how they want to stagger the deliveries, so its anyone's guess. If it continues at the current rate, we should see average 12-14 birds delivered a year if my memory doesn't fail me. Which means....another 4-5 years? Someone with more accurate knowledge correct me if i'm wrong.
                                SQ ordered 60 A359s & 7 A359 ULR. One A359 (9V-SMU) is due for delivery this month, after which the 7 ULR will be delivered in succession from August 2018 till next year. It will then continue with the remaining A359s from the second half of 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X