No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines 737 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From @AeroimagesChris: https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/...947199490?s=20
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Wow, first time in ages that I have seen a narrowbody in SQ colors (albeit partially).

Comment

Still trying to get used to this sight.

Most of my travels are in SIA A330, and there are times that I had to fly SilkAir and I already do feel claustrophobic.

Comment

Originally posted by ponders View Post

Most of my travels are in SIA A330, and there are times that I had to fly SilkAir and I already do feel claustrophobic.
          First world problems lol

Comment

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/u...box=1576195916

Sigh wonder if SIA group will cancel the MAX and go with the NEO

Comment

Originally posted by ponders View Post

Do seriously hope SIA will have the new aircrafts with at least the standard seat pitch of 32" in its 737s. The current seating in Silkair's planes seems tohave very tight seat pitch and even lose out to Malindo's ey seating.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                https://www.straitstimes.com/world/u...box=1576195916

Or change its order to the 737 Max 10 which do not have the MCAS system and is even slightly longer than the Max 8 which would help as SQ intends to have lie flat seats in its new Biz class seats in its 737s.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                  No they won’t. It doesn’t make financial sense. That being said, planes sitting on the ground doesn’t make financial sense either. Unless the MAX issue is stretched all the way into 2021, I highly doubt SQ would cancel their order. All the SilkAir 737NG pilots would have to be re-trained for the NEO, which itself has a order backlog worth years. Scoot still has only received 2 NEOs. There would obviously be a financial penalty for cancelling their order as well.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    Or change its order to the 737 Max 10 which do not have the MCAS system and is even slightly longer than the Max 8 which would help as SQ intends to have lie flat seats in its new Biz class seats in its 737s.
                    The current SilkAir config on the Max 8 is 12J/144Y. (reduced to 10J if they really go with the 2-2/1-1 staggered seats within the same space)

The Max 10 being 4.4m longer, it can give them about 2 more rows of economy and 2 more rows of business, so 16J/156Y? If the additional cost of the Max 10 is justified by having more premium seats, why not?
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

It still confuses me why the group ordered both MAX and NEOS. I would have thought it would be best to order 1 type.

Comment

Silkair's order for the 737 max was to replace its A320 aircrafts. However Scoot retains the A320s which were inherited from Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          Silkair's order for the 737 max was to replace its A320 aircrafts. However Scoot retains the A320s which were inherited from Tiger.
                          Was that in response to me? If so I still don't understand why they would mix the types.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            Was that in response to me? If so I still don't understand why they would mix the types.
                            The A320s and A320neo order originally belonged to TigerAir. After TigerAir merged with Scoot, Scoot inherited the A320s and naturally the A320neo order as well. On the other hand SilkAir ordered the 737 family as Boeing offered a much better deal that would negate the cost of retraining SilkAirs A320 crew and maintenance staff.

Comment

But at the time Tiger was owned by SQ wasn't it?

Comment

The first B737 MAX for Singapore Airlines has been fully painted:

Photo Credits to the owner of the image
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X