Lufthansa's New First Class on A380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    The current 744 fleet will also drop to 8 seats in F on the UD, but without a major reconfig. Each current pair will be sold as 1 seat - 1 for you to sit on, 1 for lying down.
    Honestly if they do that *and maybe upgrade their inflight entertainment*, they'll be quite competitive with most other products in the sky no?

Comment

8F will become standard on the whole long-haul fleet. That will mean no op-ups to F and staff will no longer be allowed to buy F tickets

Comment

Delivery today at 11am in Hamburg/Frankfurt.

http://a380.lufthansa.com/FASCINATIO.../p1/livestream

EDIT:

I've just found video of the new F !

http://www.a380delivery.com/lufthansa/

Go to Episode 18: Cabin Furnishing.
        Last edited by SQJunkie; 19 May 2010, 04:42 PM.
        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

New F seems good actually

Comment

Pics are up on the LH website:

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/de/themen/airbus-a380.html

I think I like. The lav is huge.

Comment

I quite like new F but I think they missed the chance to make C fully flat

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Agree totally. The new F looks *finally* comparable to other company's products. But the J is shocking for lack of full recline.

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                Pics are up on the LH website:

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/de/themen/airbus-a380.html

I think I like. The lav is huge.

Massive toilet... you really wouldn't believe it was on an airplane!

Comment

F looks very nice, but definately an evolution and not revolution. The bathroom looks very good, and I do like the personal storage instead of overhead lockers.

C looks the same as currently and I can't see any difference, although they seem to claim there is but without giving specifics.

Comment

I think they missed the chance to make C fully flat
                    What a bizarre decision. I guess LH C customers aren't as fussed about sleep as those who fly other airlines.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The A380's will be fitted with a fully flat C seat once the B747-800's arrive!

A380's already flying will be fitting with the new C seat as well

Comment

The new F is really nice, I like the privacy screen that seems to pop up and suround you. Nice use of colours, probably more sensible than SQ beige which shows the dirt and wear. Agree the bathroom looks nice.

Business is shocking, same slide-down recliners.... they missed a big opportunity to go flat.

Comment

Full interactive 3D tour on the LH site here:

http://a380.lufthansa.com/VIRTUALTOU...NCE/FIRSTCLASS

I definitely like it.
                          Bed mode looks great.
                          Still amazed at the huge lav.
                          Wondering where the tray table is,
                          and the size of the PTV.

Comment

Onboard automatic air humidification system in F?! I'm excited!

That bathroom also brings back echos of the FCT for some reason. And speaking of echos, doesn't the design remind anyone of LX's new F? I see rather more similarities than differences... not that it's a bad thing, quite the contrary

All good, all good... in-built soundproofing, my goodness... it's another excuse to head back to FRA for sure

LH J looks completely like an afterthought. Y looks reasonable, though.

Comment

Agree with KYO... my first thought was LX styleee. Although I think the LH F is a more polished product.

I would be interested to get feedback on the soundproofing in F and whether it really makes any difference.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
                                Agree with KYO... my first thought was LX styleee. Although I think the LH F is a more polished product.
                                I think LH new F does look more polished than LXs, but the LX C just looks so much more gorgeous than LH C.

I mean it's a bit like how BMW makes the 7, 5 and 3. Each one step up from the next but incrementally and done in a way that maintains a consistent product image.

Whereas LH's New F looks so different from LH's "new" C and but then LH C and LH Y look similar. It just seems a bit inconsistent and to me feels strange as much as I like the look.

Comment

Working...
                                X