No announcement yet.

TG: Consistently Inconsistent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it was a day flight and only three in F at check in, which of course became seven shortly before departure.

But, I had nobody next to me, I'd stocked up on things to read as the IFE is non existent on those things, the crew were great and the food was quite good for a change. And as I was coming home from my last long haul business trip of the year I was in a good mood anyway.

I did manage to confirm what I thought, they have had a directive from above to serve champagne other than Dom for pre take-off drinks.

Comment

LOL!~

I'm about to hop onto a TG flight in 40 mins and they've been consistent enough to keep my 333s as 333s. Well, hopefully we have PTVs on this bird...

I've got my BKK-HKG on my first TG F in 2 weeks time. If they pull a TG, I'll be really, really upset... fingers crossed!
      Last edited by Kyo; 7 December 2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Well it was a day flight and only three in F at check in, which of course became seven shortly before departure.
        That's the one thing TG is consistent at.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

I've got my BKK-HKG on my first TG F in 2 weeks time. If they pull a TG, I'll be really, really upset... fingers crossed!
          Is your TG600 scheduled a new 747? They normally operate the old one don't they? Im on TG600 on tuesday in F, its an old one, I'm in 2A and I don't really care for 2.5 hours, I'm more interested in the service for this short sector.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I'm about to hop onto a TG flight in 40 mins and they've been consistent enough to keep my 333s as 333s. Well, hopefully we have PTVs on this bird...
            Remind me never to tempt fate. As soon as I went to the gate (5 mins til gate closes), flight gets delayed 'officially' for 40 mins. Wait in the lounge, go to the gate, and they finally start boarding. By the time everyone boards and we taxi/takeoff, it's 1 hour more. Reason: Toilets not working (apparently).

What I find odd was after everyone's boarded, sitting down, 30 mins later, they still tell us they are loading luggage... much to the astonishment of the entire cabin (imagine puzzled looks in Y all round).

@sqdazz: I don't think so - it says: Boeing 747 All Series Passenger, so not holding out much hope on this one. I'm going to be on another one in mid-Feb ex BKK-MUC and that one is meant to be a 346. If for some reason they switch aircraft, that's gonna be one rather upset F pax on the flight, i.e. me!!

Comment

Has anyone seen a new 747 on TG600? AFAIK, the new aircraft has not been on this route. Advice: Enjoy the spa and crash on your crappy flight.
              HUGE AL

Comment

yeah thats why I asked, Kyo mentioned he didn't want them to PULL a TG on his BKK-HKG, I thought he meant aircraft swap to old 747, but its usually an old one anyway....

Nothing wrong with it for a 2hr 45 min 8am service though.

Comment

I'm talking about if they swap it to a 2-class config, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                    Is your TG600 scheduled a new 747? They normally operate the old one don't they? Im on TG600 on tuesday in F, its an old one, I'm in 2A and I don't really care for 2.5 hours, I'm more interested in the service for this short sector.
                    TG600 is usually old config 7442, which as you say is fine for a short trip.

Those seats at the front are actualy quite comfortable, there is just crap IFE. If you can get an empty seat next to you it hradly matters, although my brother flew it a few weeks ago and it was completely full up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I'm talking about if they swap it to a 2-class config, actually.
                      I thought all 747's on TG had F.... if you mean a change of aircraft model completely I tend to think that would be quite unusual. I'm looking forward to TG600 tomorrow in F Will let you know how I go Kyo!

Comment

For TG, I work on the presumption that a change of aircraft model is never completely out of the question. E.g. I had a 744 SIN-BKK changed to 333 at the last minute last month. Of course, with paying F fare pax on a route that offers it, I'd expect TG to not want to change it unless with no choice, but sometimes, it happens. Safe flying for you tomorrow!

Comment

All TG 744's do have three cabins although they use the front cabin differently for defferent markets. For HKG, PVG etc it's sold as F, but for ARN and CPH they sell the Y cabin as Y as normal, the 'J' cabin is sold as Y+ and the F cabin is sold as J. Although they do swap aircraft, they don't swap a three class down to two class as much these days.

TG600 is the only daily flight to HKG that has F. The other two daily flights are operated by two class 777's.

Comment

flew TG600 in F today, very enjoyable. the spa / full body massage before the flight really makes it quite the experience. was the old config 747 All Series as expected, my first time on it, it's certainly out dated but quite comfortable. ill do a trip report l8r

Comment

Reading today's Straits Times and what do we see? An article about a 10-hour delay experienced by TG 404 yesterday!

My goodness, talk about the onset of mercury retrograde.
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I got the really old model 747 last week on TG for the early morning TG600 BKK-HKG (the one where F has the white seat backs). I think it shows up as the 'Boeing 747-400' on CMT.

But on the return leg on the late night flight TG607 showed up as the 'Boeing 747 All Series Passenger'.

I've also got a BKK-HKT booked for 2010 National Day and that's just 'Boeing 747-400'.

Is this the way to differentiate between the different 744s in the TG fleet?

On another note - very disappointed that the brand new 346 (I had this in F) I have a mid-Feb booking for (BKK-MUC) is now showing as a 'Boeing 747-400'. This is after a time-schedule change and even a date change! I should have picked LH instead.

And I bet there's no chance of my TG410 tonight changing to a new 346. *fumes*

Comment

Working...
                                X