[MERGED] Continental to join Star Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    *A back on the LON-NYC route ... I like this.
    ... assuming that AI don't join *A first (scheduled for next year AFAIK)!

Given this graphic TR:

http://www.epinions.com/content_101914545796

you'd have to pay me (a lot) to fly AI trans-Atlantic!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Given this graphic TR:

AI ... eeww ... even if they joined *A first, I wouldn't consider *A to be a real option for me on that route.

Hurry up, CO.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Downside - Boat loads more FFers after SQ redemptions. I imagine it will be a bit of a culture shock being able to fly on SQ (and NH, OZ...) after being stuck on ScaryTeam.
        My sentiments exactly!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          When will they join? Can't find it on their website
          AFAIK they can only join sometime after the NW/DL goes ahead, so will be late 2009 at the earliest.

Comment

Given this graphic TR:

AI will almost certainly be joining *A before CO

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              AI will almost certainly be joining *A before CO
              And wouldn't it be funny (or horirble) if BD insisted on everyone taking AI from LHR to JFK with a BD award rather than via FRA etc - "That's the most direct route, Sir"!

Comment

And wouldn't it be funny (or horirble) if BD insisted on everyone taking AI from LHR to JFK with a BD award rather than via FRA etc - "That's the most direct route, Sir"!
                No skin off my nose. I have other *A FFPs I could use instead.

Comment

I know the voices to avoid now.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yes! My family has been racking up CO miles lately. But we really don't want to redeem on skyteam......but there domestic service is usually better than UA. And the CLE hub which is close to my home! Good news for CO and many frequent fliers I'm guessing!
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Great News +1 for earning Krisflyer Miles in US Domestic Airlines
                      1. United
                      2. US
                      3. Continental

Comment

An Euro? Come on, the exchange rates will work for you (unless you are in Europe)
                        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Just flew my first flight in CO economy yesterday EWR-DTW. Decent enough, I guess. Seats were newish and legspace in the 733 bulkhead was quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            Just flew my first flight in CO economy yesterday EWR-DTW. Decent enough, I guess. Seats were newish and legspace in the 733 bulkhead was quite good.
                            I think Continental service and food, drink...etc are good! But I feel the seat is just a little bit small.

btw, after Continental Join Star Alliance, will Continental onepass miles expire? I've had onepass miles since 2005 and it never expire!

Comment

Continental airlines alliance update

Hi i've recently recieved this email from continental:

Dear LOWJHG,

In June 2008, Continental announced plans for extensive commercial cooperation with United Airlines and Star Alliance, linking our networks and services worldwide to deliver new benefits to our customers. We pledged to keep you informed of developments and would like to provide you an update.

Regarding SkyTeam, Continental intends to end its participation in the SkyTeam Alliance after the last scheduled flight on Oct. 24, 2009.

We continue to work through the details of our planned exit from SkyTeam and entry into Star Alliance, but anticipate our participation in Star Alliance will begin promptly after we leave SkyTeam. We are committed to providing our OnePass members with opportunities to earn and redeem miles over an extensive network.

We will be working hard with our good partners at SkyTeam, and our future good partners at Star, to make the transition from SkyTeam to Star Alliance as smooth as possible.

You can expect to receive updates from us as we continue to develop our participation in Star Alliance. Remember the most current updates may be found at continental.com.

As always, many thanks for flying Continental. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Mark Bergsrud
                              Sr. Vice President, Marketing Programs and Distribution

looks like continental will be joining *A in about 2 years time i guess
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

that sounds very interesting.
                                CO is a nice addition and should trenghten the STAR position in the only lacking market within US (the southern Area ) thanks to their IAH hub
                                Last edited by LukeGT; 31 January 2009, 03:32 PM.
                                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
                                X