The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Hello! It seems like it's about time to make a thread dedicated to the new first, business and economy class products for the A380 which were revealed on 2nd November last year. If you have any information, thoughts or random speculations feel free to post them here! Also if you have any photos you are more than welcome to share them with us here in this thread.

Please post everything regarding the new cabin classes in this thread so as to make it convenient and easy for everyone to read and share.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ts-for-2017-18
    Last edited by SQavgeek; 27 January 2018, 08:29 PM.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

A380 First Class

- won't be called 'Suites'
    - will be found on the Upper Deck
    - will feature double beds
    - only 6 seats / single-aisle
    - no bar/shower
    - new and different colour scheme

It's pretty much all summed up by ausbt.com.au

A380 Business Class

SQ has successfully kept a lid on this new product but expect that they won't let Qatar take the crown of best business.

Comment

Update: can now confirm that suites are moving to the upper deck on the new SQ A380s

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-to-upper-deck

Comment

6 suites is really little though very sad

I'm really hoping they'll make it 8 at least in a staggered 1-1-1 config but then again the upper deck is narrower so may not be practical.

I wonder what they'll do on the front part where the plane curves. Right now where J row 11 doesn't have a window. As per the photos the first window distance is quite far out. So it leaves the front for a bit of ideas.

My 5 cents

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
          6 suites is really little though very sad

I wonder what they'll do on the front part where the plane curves. Right now where J row 11 doesn't have a window. As per the photos the first window distance is quite far out. So it leaves the front for a bit of ideas.

My 5 cents
          The space that these 6 First Class compartments (there won't be 'Suites')occupy is insane enough - SQ will still lose out in terms of money (but at least the six seats will be now full-fare pax).

There will be no ideas for the front part where the plane curves. That space is written off.

Comment

6 F seats in a 1-1 layout on the upper deck is definitely more spacious than the current 1-2-1 on the lower deck. Heard some whispers about new cabin enhancements over the old A380s like new Ambient lighting mood and new ceiling fitout designs. Definitely a notch above the A350 and B77W in cabin comfort!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              The space that these 6 First Class compartments (there won't be 'Suites')occupy is insane enough - SQ will still lose out in terms of money (but at least the six seats will be now full-fare pax).

There will be no ideas for the front part where the plane curves. That space is written off.
              Hope It'll be the new type of suites that would compare with Etihad

I pretty sure too it's 6 based on the pix but I'm saying it's sad to have so few. 6 on an a380 is too few. I understand on the revenue part but read some where you need to have products to inspire people and this will gain following and increase reputation and desire leading to more sales in Y and J.

Also the front curve space should be optimized - it's a plane every cm is $$$ but current there no news so let's see what they'll do

Comment

Also the front curve space should be optimized - it's a plane every cm is $$$ but current there no news so let's see what they'll do
                Possibly they could fit a second toilet there? That leaves more room behind for galley space. After all the front left side is already a toilet.. I suppose the new Suites will be so awesome that nobody will want to leave them, hence no need for a lounge or bar..

Comment

Hope It'll be the new type of suites that would compare with Etihad

I pretty sure too it's 6 based on the pix but I'm saying it's sad to have so few. 6 on an a380 is too few. I understand on the revenue part but read some where you need to have products to inspire people and this will gain following and increase reputation and desire leading to more sales in Y and J.

Come back and read my post after the launch. Six has been now triple-confirmed and I don't know why people still speculate. SQ will have better and more spacious cabins for sure - it's a prestige thing to beat EY.

Comment

The current bed is too narrow in suites for a comfortable sleep and i reckon we can look forward to a bigger bed on the new F!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

That space would've been an opportunity for SQ to finally have an onboard bar.

Comment

I don't see many changes in the front area. The stairs would be required for emergency purposes and for sure there is need for more spacious restroom or two.
                        Its difficult to tell from the photos, but my impression is that the first window on both A380 version is about at the same position.

Comment

By the way does anyone know what economy class seats the new A380's will have?

Also, do we have any information on the business class seats?

Comment

All will be revealed when SQ wants to......they've always left the lid shut pretty tight on such information.

Comment

Will the existing A380's in the fleet get the new cabins as well at a later stage?

Comment

Working...
                              X