No announcement yet.

MH370 KUL-PEK : Now confirmed lost in Southern Indian Ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickets were issued sequentially (6099 and 6100)!

Very disturbing indeed...

Comment

According to the AV Herald, the Austrian passport was stolen 2 years ago. The Italian passport was stolen recently.

Why would they connect in China AMS when they can travel direct with MH?

Comment

sigh. i feel like cursing an swearing at these pple, however noble and worthy their causes might be.

On the point of Search and Rescue, acknowledging that all efforts are committed and coming from a completely amateur point of view, can I ask if any one familiar here can help explain how long does it take to activate SAR resources? Considering that MH ops (or KUL ATC) lost radar contact est. 0230 (or 0130), is it unreasonable to expect 3 hours of preps/briefing to send out some SAR planes or choppers to arrive at last radar contact by daylight hours for prelim scanning?

Like I said, just out of curiousity and in full ackowledgement that all resources are committed right now

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          According to the AV Herald, the Austrian passport was stolen 2 years ago. The Italian passport was stolen recently.

Why would they connect in China AMS when they can travel direct with MH?
          Price could be one thing, plus I think many of use here choose to connect when we could otherwise fly direct
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Tickets were issued sequentially (6099 and 6100)!

Very disturbing indeed...
            While that will add to the feelings of suspicion about these stolen passports, you would have to ask why anyone would want to attack a flight between Malaysia and China ?. OK, there are these Chinese separatists but surely they will not have Caucasians (who were the owners of both of these Passports) as part of their 'cause'.

On the stolen passports issue. I travelled for 18 months on a cancelled passport doing something in the region of 100-120 flights with it to a large number of different countries, some numerous times. I only found out it had been cancelled when I went to renew it!. The authorities are great at sticking 'security checks' of all types in front of us, but you don't necessarily need a valid passport it would seem.

Comment

Also according to the AVherald someone was traveling on a forged Chinese passport.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                Well my suspicions the usages of the fake passport may be not related to the incident. Is just happen, the syndicate is flying some people on this flight... Well purely speculation....
                It happen all the time, everywhere. Is best to wait for investigation to complete. Is a missing plane like AF case. Not a plane which is landed and waiting for further investigation. Massive search with co-ordination of varies party is needed, this means time!

Comment

The mystery just gets deeper. One of the passenger's relatives manages to call his phone and the call goes through !

Remember watching a documentary on AF447, the French investigators couldn't find the black box and CVR after months of searching. It was only after using a software, which takes into account real time information of ocean currents and last known location of debris did they manage to find the FDR and CVR months after the crash. This software could give a particular location for SAR crew to focus their search.

The Malaysian authorities could try asking the BEA for assistance in this area.

Comment

The mystery just gets deeper. One of the passenger's relatives manages to call his phone and the call goes through !
                    According to other sources, this is false.

Comment

Sad to see and hear...

Comment

Any truth in this?

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                        No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Malaysian military now reveals it tracked MH370 to Malacca straits
                          March 11, 2014

In a strange twist, Malaysia's military believes it tracked the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 by radar over the Strait of Malacca, far from where it last made contact with civilian air traffic control over the Gulf of Thailand.

A military source confirmed with Reuters that the Boeing 777-200ER with 239 on board changed course and made it to the other side of the Malay peninsula.

"It changed course after Kota Baru and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

The Strait of Malacca, one of the world's busiest shipping channels, runs along Malaysia's west coast.

The airline said on Saturday that the flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew last had contact off the east coast Malaysian town of Kota Baru.

The Berita Harian newspaper was the first to report this development, quoting the Royal Air Force Malaysia (RMAF) chief General Tan Sri Rodzali Daud as saying they tracked the signal to Pulau Perak on the country's west coast.

"The last time the plane could be traced by an air control tower was near Pulau Perak, which is on the Straits of Malacca at 2.40am.

"After that, the signal from the plane was lost," he said.

Incidentally, Malaysia Airlines first statement on the missing jetliner on Saturday said that air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane at 2.40am but it was later corrected to 1.30am.

It was also reported that a Singaporean air traffic surveillance and control unit also picked up the signal that MH370 "made a turn back before it was reported to have climbed 1,000 metres from its original altitude at 10,000 metres”.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/

Comment

It's incredible that they still don't know where this has gone down. With AF447 we were talking the middle of the Atlantic, but they are now looking in the Malacca Straights, probably the busiest shipping lanes in the world. It's hard to believe a 777 could have gone down there and nobody has seen or heard anything. With the paranoia of many countries in the region I find it hard to believe it was not followed on military radar either. It's all very strange.

It must be horrendous for family and friends.

Comment

Amazing this is only just coming out. It's all utterly bizarre and the authorities seem to be changing their story on lots of issues
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

too many theories and changes of stories now they say the plane didnt go off course

Comment

Working...
                                X