No announcement yet.

Garuda back to Gatwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice the MEL-CGK flights have now been rescheduled. This looks like a very nice new way to London.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Fantastic GA , cant wait to try . BTW, I hope they also change their current crew uniform.. its bad...

Comment

The video looks very nice, as does the cabin. But I can't help wondering why they've gone to all that trouble to make and launch that video before you can find LGW or F on their booking engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          The video looks very nice, as does the cabin. But I can't help wondering why they've gone to all that trouble to make and launch that video before you can find LGW or F on their booking engine.
          This is because LGW is not the first destination for its 77W. The first 2 77W's that will come in June and July will serve DPS, JED, NRT and HND (temporarily). LGW will only be served only the 3rd and the 4th 77W's are here.

The video seems to have been leaked as well because that's not the official Garuda Indonesia Youtube channel. However, I do believe GA is probably behind the leak.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            This is because LGW is not the first destination for its 77W. The first 2 77W's that will come in June and July will serve DPS, JED, NRT and HND (temporarily). LGW will only be served only the 3rd and the 4th 77W's are here.
            Sincerely sorry for criticising your beloved Garuda, , but the flight starts in a few months and yet it still doesn't even show up in the drop down box. How are people supposed to book ?.

Comment

Sincerely sorry for criticising your beloved Garuda, , but the flight starts in a few months and yet it still doesn't even show up in the drop down box. How are people supposed to book ?.
              Apology accepted.

This is what GA sucks at. The whole booking experience on its website, although has improved by miles since last year, is still not up to standard. I have been told the LGW flight has been uploaded to Galileo since Tuesday but it doesn't have any fare so no one can book it yet. Looks like GA still has a lot to do in its booking department.

Comment

Works fine for me, but no discounted fares I can find yet
                http://www.garudaindonesia.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                  Works fine for me, but no discounted fares I can find yet
                  http://www.garudaindonesia.co.uk/
                  Well I am still only seeing Economy and Business Class, no First.

Comment

I Just notice they had 8 F , 38 J , 268 EY.. all end in " fattt "

Comment

Route appears to have been pulled!!.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/26/ga-lgw-nov13update2/

Comment

Route appears to have been pulled!!.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/26/ga-lgw-nov13update2/
                        Yes. The route has been pulled at least for now. it seemed GA realized very early on that it could not make this route work. That's why the flight has not been bookable since the beginning with the exception of a short period after the route was announced.

There are so many stories going around about why this route is now cancelled but the airline has remained very quite about the real reason. Among the reasons (of course none has been confirmed by the airline) are:

- LGW is not the first choice as the new GA management has always preferred LHR. GA may wait until it joins SkyTeam in March 2014 so it could lease a slot from its future partner, AF/KL

- BA is rumored to come back to CGK which will potentially increase the competition on the Jakarta - London route and the 5x weekly flights may not be able to compete well.

- Issues at CGK that will not allow non-stop without some load penalty.

- GA's improved performance on its North Asian flights now makes sense for the airline to continue focus on this market rather to risk bleeding money serving LGW. JL has been serving CGK with F products for quite some time now. Maybe it is about time for GA to give JL a run for its money.

Comment

Yes. The route has been pulled at least for now. it seemed GA realized very early on that it could not make this route work. That's why the flight has not been bookable since the beginning with the exception of a short period after the route was announced.
                          Apologies in advance for sticking the boot in on your dearly beloved GA but this is farcical, and not the way an airline who has hopes to establish itself higher up the market should behave. This is the sort of thing TG does every week.

- LGW is not the first choice as the new GA management has always preferred LHR. GA may wait until it joins SkyTeam in March 2014 so it could lease a slot from its future partner, AF/KL
                          Well LGW was where they flew before for all those years so......

- BA is rumored to come back to CGK which will potentially increase the competition on the Jakarta - London route and the 5x weekly flights may not be able to compete well.
                          BA are coming back to CGK, that will be official very shortly as a tag on from SIN rather than the previously rumoured LHR-KUL-CGK. I can sort of see the reason for that but it's BA for heaven's sake, how can they be scared of them ?.

- Issues at CGK that will not allow non-stop without some load penalty.
                          Not heard that one, and suspect more BS a la wanting LHR instead of LGW. If these are true / valid then I worry about the people at GA who announce new routes then find out the runway they are flying from isn't long enough.

Maybe it is about time for GA to give JL a run for its money.
                          Maybe they should also refrain from throwing First Class launch parties where they hand out free FCL tickets to all the people there then go and pull the route.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 31 July 2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Apologies in advance for sticking the boot in on your dearly beloved GA but this is farcical, and not the way an airline who has hopes to establish itself higher up the market should behave. This is the sort of thing TG does every week.
                            No apology is needed. I can't agree with you more. Going the TG way is not acceptable.

Well LGW was where they flew before for all those years so......
                            That was the old GA that focused only on backpackers from downunder to the UK. I guess the new GA wants to focus on premium pax and thus LHR would work better for them. Again, that doesn't excuse them from announcing the route and then pull it 5 - 6 months later.

BA are coming back to CGK, that will be official very shortly as a tag on from SIN rather than the previously rumoured LHR-KUL-CGK. I can sort of see the reason for that but it's BA for heaven's sake, how can they be scared of them ?.
                            It is good to have a 5th freedom tag on flight between SIN - CGK coming back again. Anyway, BA would be able to offer more destinations beyond LHR than GA can from LGW (which is practically zero). I guess that's the reason why GA is scared of starting the route.

By the way, I always thought BA is a great airline or is it not the case anymore?

Not heard that one, and suspect more BS a la wanting LHR instead of LGW. If these are true / valid then I worry about the people at GA who announce new routes then find out the runway they are flying from isn't long enough.
                            Satar is finally on record saying CGK's runway strength is not strong enough for a 7&W to fly full load long haul and that the flight is now delayed to May 2014 when CGK will complete its runway upgrading. A one stop service to LGW from CGK is not acceptable to him because GA is trying to position itself as the only airline flying non-stop between the 2 cities. True or not, this is now the official reason for the cancellation or (as in Satar's word) delay of this flight.

Maybe they should also refrain from throwing First Class launch parties where they hand out free FCL tickets to all the people there then go and pull the route.
                            A true PR nightmare I guess. I am sure though those people would be compensated somehow. Maybe now they can enjoy the FCL service to SYD, NRT, and ICN instead along with their partners. Who knows? I am still a bit sour that they never invited me over to the launch parties in CGK.
                            Last edited by UMD; 1 August 2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

watch a brief Liv vs MU last night, GA advertisement were there.. they should add bellow the line ( fly us from Amsterdam )

Comment

Satar is finally on record saying CGK's runway strength is not strong enough for a 7&W to fly full load long haul and that the flight is now delayed to May 2014 when CGK will complete its runway upgrading. A one stop service to LGW from CGK is not acceptable to him because GA is trying to position itself as the only airline flying non-stop between the 2 cities. True or not, this is now the official reason for the cancellation or (as in Satar's word) delay of this flight.

It is true. I heard from little bird that actually Garuda is quite fed up with Angkasa Pura II (the airport operator of CGK). APII promised GA that the runway will be upgraded by November so that GA can fly CGK-LGW directly. Currently CGK runway cannot support full load B77W with so long destination. Either the runway will break of the aircraft will break. So, GA cannot open this route until APII upgraded the runway.

GA is very frustrated with APII and now even thinking to shift their hub to DPS, as DPS airport has been just upgraded. Also Angkasa Putra I (the airport operator of DPS) is also more cooperative.

GA entry to ST also will face some challenge as there is some pre-req that they need to have ST lounge (or something) and CGK does not seem to be able to accomodate this requirement.

It is interesting if GA really decides to move their hub to DPS or even KNO
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X