Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed to be until 31st apparently, but I got denied access at NZ lounges at AKL and CHC yesterday. I got in at IVC but there is no dragon there!. I was just seeing what would happen and I got in with my TPP card anyway. The lounge dragons at both, who were very nice, said they though BD had left last month and no more access was allowed.

Take a print out of the rules if they are still supposed to allow access. LH in particluar will probably be funny as they couldn't get out of the door quick enough when they got rid of BD.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Supposed to be until 31st apparently, but I got denied access at NZ lounges at AKL and CHC yesterday. I got in at IVC but there is no dragon there!. I was just seeing what would happen and I got in with my TPP card anyway. The lounge dragons at both, who were very nice, said they though BD had left last month and no more access was allowed.

Take a print out of the rules if they are still supposed to allow access. LH in particluar will probably be funny as they couldn't get out of the door quick enough when they got rid of BD.

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        You got a HK address i can borrow?
        I'll be taking this route, and hoping they match *A to *A.

Well with slightly over 2 days left, I'll be getting on the horn with the dear call centre in Pune tonight to burn up the very last 22.5k redemption I have (will be left with 208 miles).

Perhaps it's time to change the title of the thread to "BMI - It's *almost* over"

Comment

• guys, I signed up with A3 and then sent a photo of my bmi card and account number via email, I was matched to A3 gold instantly. They replied literally within 90 minutes and my account was gold.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            guys, I signed up with A3 and then sent a photo of my bmi card and account number via email, I was matched to A3 gold instantly. They replied literally within 90 minutes and my account was gold.
            Tempting! Is *everything* in SE Asia and Asia lumped into 'Far East' for A3 redemptions?

Just burnt my remainder 22.5k BD miles five mins ago, sniff

sqdazz: Seems like A3*G matching is faster than SK. Didn't realise A3 status-matched, any link in particular?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Tempting! Is *everything* in SE Asia and Asia lumped into 'Far East' for A3 redemptions?

sqdazz: Seems like A3*G matching is faster than SK. Didn't realise A3 status-matched, any link in particular?
              yes it is. its really tempting to redeem rt j class for 42000 miles only.
              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Surprised you got through. I tried to burn my remaining 4500+ miles to no avail..

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                  Surprised you got through. I tried to burn my remaining 4500+ miles to no avail..
                  First time I got through immediately (Gold line), then they couldn't find SQ seats which I could clearly see available. So I hung up and researched some more. Turns out SQ has zeroed out availability to BD at least as of last night.

The next 45 mins was spent trying to call back, 8 times, no dice - on the normal line also.

Then I got through on the 9th attempt, with a cracker of an agent (Ashley)... and all done, miles charged as of 4pm today SIN time, but not reflecting a ticket number yet. Let's see what happens next...

Comment

The next 45 mins was spent trying to call back, 8 times, no dice - on the normal line also.
                    Huaca 8x = determination

Comment

Then I got through on the 9th attempt, with a cracker of an agent (Ashley)... and all done, miles charged as of 4pm today SIN time, but not reflecting a ticket number yet. Let's see what happens next...
                      Why didn't you dial the number for international call dialers? I got through several times almost instantly each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                        guys, I signed up with A3 and then sent a photo of my bmi card and account number via email, I was matched to A3 gold instantly. They replied literally within 90 minutes and my account was gold.
                        post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

So just to clarify - did you get any SQ flights or were they indeed blocked?

Good luck with getting it ticketed. I had bookings cancelled on a few occasions, which is disastrous with T-1 left for DC. Wonder if it should be ticketed or booked by May 31; as - in my experience - it may sometimes take two days to get it ticketed. Wonder if I should even bother trying tomorrow..

Comment

• SQ had blocked their BD redemptions that night. I'm not sure about now, but both agents rather immediately said they couldn't book the SQ flights I wanted (there was availability showing on NH). Fortunately, there was another *A carrier on the exact days I wanted with almost the exact same departure times I needed (45 mins earlier even, which was great).

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                              yes it is. its really tempting to redeem rt j class for 42000 miles only.
                              Yes it is, but you cancel and you loose 50% of your miles. And don't think about changes either. That's why I wil never put many miles in this program as long as those rules are in effect.

However, purely for matching *G it is not bad. Easy to requalify too (for now). Other reported being matched ot TK or SK quite regularly and some made an attempt with OZ. Anyone tried something else? How about SQ or TG Just kidding

Comment

SQ had blocked their BD redemptions that night. I'm not sure about now, but both agents rather immediately said they couldn't book the SQ flights I wanted (there was availability showing on NH). Fortunately, there was another *A carrier on the exact days I wanted with almost the exact same departure times I needed (45 mins earlier even, which was great).
                                Cheers - won't waste my time, then; with TK, LH, LX, OS, SQ all gone I'll just wait for them to be converted into Avios..

Comment

Working...
                                X