Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Delta Skymiles program good?

Hi Folks,

I plan to book a trip with Delta Airlines.
    Since SQ Krisflyer no longer has partnership with Delta, I am thinking about earning these miles on new Delta Skymiles account.

Do you think it is worthwhile to earn and redeem miles on Skymiles?

There's a reason they're called Skypiles...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      There's a reason they're called Skypiles...
      Listen to Savage25 and me. Your answer is: NO
      HUGE AL

Comment

but their SIN-NRT redemption is very worth it, IMHO.

non-peak period requires only 20,000 miles for Y or 40,000 for C, and taxes is way below SQ, usually requiring $60+ only.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
          but their SIN-NRT redemption is very worth it, IMHO.

non-peak period requires only 20,000 miles for Y or 40,000 for C, and taxes is way below SQ, usually requiring $60+ only.
          If I were you, I would listen to what HUGE ALand Savage25 said above without objections. Aside from low mileage redemption rate, what about the availability? Your miles will be worthless if you can't find any available seat.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
            If I were you, I would listen to what HUGE ALand Savage25 said above without objections. Aside from low mileage redemption rate, what about the availability? Your miles will be worthless if you can't find any available seat.
            I agree they aren't much of use generally for all other sectors, but for this SIN-NRT route, this is one of the most generous ones around.

As for availability, it looks pretty good to me and I would be looking to use my expiring miles. Apparently, redemption is available on ALL dates, except that they use 3 tiers (non-peak / peak and super peak) to determine the mileage required AND they keep changing the tiers every time I checked, that's good and bad from different perspectives. Oh yes, one more thing, they charge the same miles if you redeem one-way or two-way, hence never ever redeem one-way ticket!

Comment

I would have been in the night market sourcing for all the nice taiwanese food at this time =p

Comment

How about joining Malaysian Enrich program that partners with Delta?

Comment

Not sure about seat availibility for partner airlines, but you can mix the different Skyteam and partner airlines on your redemption ticket. Korean Air, China Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Delta Airlines can be in 1 redemption ticket, provided there are seats available on the dates you want to travel.

For example:
                  SIN-TPE-FUK on China Airlines, FUK-ICN-SIN on Korean Air or SIN-KUL-NRT-TPE-SIN on Malaysia Airlines, China Airlines...cost you 40,000 miles in Business Class...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                    How about joining Malaysian Enrich program that partners with Delta?
                    If you have a desire to bang your head against a wall in sheer frustration then go for Enrich. As an ex Enrich Gold I can tell you without hesitiation it is the most half hearted, unprofessional and frustrating loyalty programme I have ever come across.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      ...it is the most half hearted, unprofessional and frustrating loyalty programme I have ever come across.
                      I beg to differ - that award goes to Accor's A|Club

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        I beg to differ - that award goes to Accor's A|Club

I second Kyo for that

Anyway back to Skymiles. I believe you can redeem on KL (SIN-DPS) and now VN and CI are Skyteams I bet you can redeem SIN - SGN/HCM on VN or SIN-SUB/TPE/HKG on CI.

But 1 thing you have to note, since redeeming on partner airlines cannot be done through web, you have to call them to redeem and they will charge you "fee" for that (I think like USD 30), which I found it very stupid.
                        visit my blog

Comment

I will NEVER try to earn any SkyMiles ever again. If I ever do, it is only by accident. Delta is an airline that cannot keep a promise. They have broken too many for me to ever trust them again. And the salt in the wound is the arrogant and insulting spin they give every time they break a promise... Example: Your old miles that we promised would never expire and that you could always redeem at the old level? They now will expire and you cannot use them at the old level? Why? Because we are simplifying the computer system. Isn't it great, now you have a simpler mileage system!

After that, availability is so poor that it is a pipe dream to accumulate miles with them. Even on SIN-NRT, the day you WANT that award in J, it will not be there! Guaranteed! Then they invent excuses to make it even harder to redeem. You want to fly ICN-ULN on KE? Let me book that for you... Oh no... this sector cannot be flown as an award!!!

Stay away from the lying airline. Only suckers need apply!

Comment

They charge US$20 for award reservation by calling 6336 3371. Some staff are good n patient while some are abit rude. You give them the itinerary and they check for you the seat availibility.

Eg: SIN-ICN-CTS-TPE-SIN on Korean Air & China Airlines... cost you 40,000 miles...sounds good. Never redeem with Skymiles before... not sure should do so...

Comment

I agree with DeltaFlyingProf, you accumulate only if you have no other choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X