The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    Your handle’s missing an “e” in the middle.
    I wouldn't have known

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
      Also FYI, cabin pics under strict embargo until SQ8878 arrives in Singapore.
      I hope I've chosen the right seats for my KIX flight. It's the 2nd row on the right window and 2nd last row on the left window, both in Business Class. I wonder if these are nearer to the window or nearer to the aisle. I want to try 1 of each I guess.
      Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Do you have seat numbers? If so, I can make a jotting in my journo notebook to check those for you (and also to check if any seats are 'windowless').
        Last edited by djsflynn; 15 March 2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, now I'm just showing off...

This is cover image of the media itinerary received today for the delivery flight of the first 787-10 – Charleston looks quite pretty in the background, a shame the schedule gives us no time to poke around

Comment

• Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
            I hope I've chosen the right seats for my KIX flight. It's the 2nd row on the right window and 2nd last row on the left window, both in Business Class. I wonder if these are nearer to the window or nearer to the aisle. I want to try 1 of each I guess.
            From seat map I saw:

Row 11 nearer aisle

Row 12 by window

No row 13

So row 14 ( and subsequent even numbers ) by aisle

Row 15 ( and subsequent odd numbers ) by window

Odd number rows nearer window

Even numbered rows nearer aisle

Comment

• My wife and I are booked on 12D,F which I assume will be "separated" seats unlike say, Row 11. I've decided to keep it that way so as to give us more elbow space.

For the window seats, I recently tried the MH A330 J class and realised that it is not necessarily better to sit closer to the window. You may have more privacy but can be a bit more cloistered and getting off the lowered seat to the aisle may be a bit of a maneuver. But then, that is MH and we cannot assume that it necessarily applies to SQ's seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                My wife and I are booked on 12D,F which I assume will be "separated" seats unlike say, Row 11. I've decided to keep it that way so as to give us more elbow space.

For the window seats, I recently tried the MH A330 J class and realised that it is not necessarily better to sit closer to the window. You may have more privacy but can be a bit more cloistered and getting off the lowered seat to the aisle may be a bit of a maneuver. But then, that is MH and we cannot assume that it necessarily applies to SQ's seats.
                MH A330, my personal favorite is 7A. Being a window seat person, opening the window behind you do not lit up the entire cabin

Comment

• I like peering out the window so not too happy with the trend to

reduce number of windows per seat (A359)

or “proper” window seats (787) when staggered J seats

Comment

• As previously mentioned, I'm organising a meetup for SQTalkers to coincide with the B787-10's arrival, as well as djsflynn's visit. I've started a new thread in the SQTalk Community folder, though the meeting venue has yet to be fixed. Hope to see you guys!

Comment

Do you have seat numbers? If so, I can make a jotting in my journo notebook to check those for you (and also to check if any seats are 'windowless').
                      Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                      From seat map I saw:

Row 11 nearer aisle

Row 12 by window

No row 13

So row 14 ( and subsequent even numbers ) by aisle

Row 15 ( and subsequent odd numbers ) by window

Odd number rows nearer window

Even numbered rows nearer aisle
                      I'm on 19A and 12K for the roundtrip so I'm guessing I'm on the window side for both flights. Wonder if I should try 1 nearer window and 1 nearer aisle.
                      Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Ahh interesting to know

What did BNE get prior to the A330? The SQ/SR 772 series?
                        I flew SIA B772 non SV series from BNE to SIN before the A333 was in the fleet, it was their regional birds who served BNE back then, hence the blue recliners up front, dayflight it was ok...

Comment

• djsflynn, I just realized that the Qantas inaugural PER-LHR nonstop is also scheduled for 24 March. Must have been a tough call deciding which to fly on. (Or did you, and a colleague, just flip a coin to decide who did which? )

Comment

• Yes, that was quite the clash – but I decided the SQ Boeing 787-10 event offered greater news/story value for AusBT, so I'm doing SQ and my business partner & publisher Sid is doing QF.

Comment

Yes, that was quite the clash – but I decided the SQ Boeing 787-10 event offered greater news/story value for AusBT, so I'm doing SQ and my business partner & publisher Sid is doing QF.
                              Ah...I see! Glad you chose SQ's 789-10, and look forward to meeting up on the 28th! Keen to hear your impressions of the new plane...

Comment

• This isn't of great interest to me, as I am more focused on aircraft once they are placed into passenger operation, but for anyone interested in technical flights and testing, there is quite a lot of data now appearing on fr24 about 9V-SCA:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-sca

They are actually using SQ8878 as the flight number, even though it's happening over in South Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                                X