No interline bags on separate tix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

Does SQ still interline your bags, even if these are two separate tickets ?

I'm planning to take SQ1 from SFO to HKG, then interline out from HKG (Cathay Dragon)

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
      Hey everyone,

Does SQ still interline your bags, even if these are two separate tickets ?

I'm planning to take SQ1 from SFO to HKG, then interline out from HKG (Cathay Dragon)
      Short answer: yes.

Long answer: SQ is under no obligation to, but they usually do it whenever possible. Just bring a copy of your KA e-ticket and ask nicely.

If for some reason you can't get it tagged through, the HKG transfer desks are usually very efficient at tracing and re-tagging bags, especially with KA/CX. Just make sure you meet the minimum connecting time.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Short answer: yes.

Long answer: SQ is under no obligation to, but they usually do it whenever possible. Just bring a copy of your KA e-ticket and ask nicely.

If for some reason you can't get it tagged through, the HKG transfer desks are usually very efficient at tracing and re-tagging bags, especially with KA/CX. Just make sure you meet the minimum connecting time.
        Thanks for the advice.

I also called SQ today, and she told me the same thing. The ground staff will try to do it, but there's no guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
          Hello, a follow up to this. would it be a problem if I try to inter line two separate tickets starting with SQ and then KC via HKG. The flights will be on two separate calendar days, but within 11 hrs of each other.

KC seems to be a partner http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-airlines.html
          To answer this based on my own experience since it was not originally responded to, it didn't work at first

Comment

Just out of curiosity and slightly off-topic, if you have separate tickets, can the transfer desk sort you out? Are they able to locate the bags and transfer it to the next flight on your behalf with you having to clear all these formalities?

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
              Just out of curiosity and slightly off-topic, if you have separate tickets, can the transfer desk sort you out? Are they able to locate the bags and transfer it to the next flight on your behalf with you having to clear all these formalities?
              I guess you mean "without having to clear all these formalities".

They will be able to do it for you provided the 2 airlines you're transferring to/from have an interlining agreement.

Usually they do not, for the case of FCC to LCC and vice versa.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                I think it may be possible if the two airlines are interlined, but interlining agreements are so opaque and can be a hit and miss. I think it is best sorted out at the first airport, rather than at a transfer desk at the connecting airport.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                  To answer this based on my own experience since it was not originally responded to, it didn't work at first
                  Referring to your SQ-KC interline at HKG on separate tix, It didn’t work at first but in the end they obliged?

I have an SQ-TK-PS (Ukraine Int’l) journey on 3 separate tickets that goes SIN-BKK-IST-KBP
                  I have 13 hours in BKK and just 2h5m in IST. Ideally I hope to check through everything till the end even if PS is not *A. PS is SQ interline partner btw.

I think it is more likely that TK will oblige in BKK for my purpose. But I think I am more hopeful with SQ agent at home base being more helpful. But 3 tickets are really pushing it.

Otherwise I have to just risk it at transfer desk in IST.
                  Last edited by SQueeze; 18 March 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    Referring to your SQ-KC interline at HKG on separate tix, It didn’t work at first but in the end they obliged?

I have a SQ-TK-PS (Ukraine Int’l) on 3 separate tickets that go SIN-BKK-IST-KBP
                    I have 13 hours in BKK and just 2h5m in IST. Ideally I hope to check through everything till the end even if PS is not *A. PS is SQ interline partner btw.

I think it is more likely that TK will oblige in BKK for my purpose. But I think I am more hopeful with SQ agent at home base being more helpful. But 3 tickets are really pushing it.

Otherwise I have to just risk it at transfer desk in IST.
                    With all the unusual and various places you travel, I reckon you'd be our resident expert on here!

I'm optimistic that I might be able to interline on my CA & SQ tickets for TSE-PEK-SIN-MEL. Would you trust that to work with ticket change happening at PEK?

Comment

Originally posted by gookia2000 View Post
                      Flew with SQ last night from SIN-CHC, with a 3 hour connection before a domestic NZ flight to AKL. Both flights were on separate tickets.

From past travel experience (as recent as summer 2011), SQ has always been happy to interline bags (i.e tag the bags through) even if the flights are on separate tickets. However, the agent yesterday was unaccommodating, stating that the flights were on different tickets and he can only tag the bags for the SQ segment. Essentially, even though I was making a same-day connection to one of SQ's star alliance partners I had to pick up my luggage at CHC, lug it from intl arrivals to domestic departures, and then recheck it.

From SQ's website:

However, I have always thought that through check-in and baggage interlining are separate things? My impression has always been that even if they cannot do through check-in (i.e. print the boarding pass), they can always very simply interline the bags as long as we produce a valid eticket for the connecting flight?

Can someone shed some light? Did I just meet a wayward check in agent, or is it new SQ policy? In future, do you think it might be better to call SQ reservations in advance to add an information segment to the SQ booking? Check in will then be able to see that segment, and may be more willing to tag the bags through...
                      1. I managed to have my luggages checked though at Sydney Airport when I had a separate ticket , SYD-MEL on VA [Y], MEL-SIN-SRG on SQ/MI [J], however no J class label tagged. It took a few minutes for the counter to combine my itinerary, and I was told that this is possible as VA and SQ were on the same alliance, even though MI is not on Star Alliance, they use SQ5102 instead of MI102 for SIN-SRG.

2. Once I flew SYD-SIN-CGK on SQ [J], then CGK-SRG on GA [Y], I informed SQ CGK call centre that I had a connecting flight and they put my GA itinerary to my SQ's. When I checked in at SYD, they gave me all boarding passes including GA236 printed on SQ's boarding pass paper, and have my baggages collected in SRG. GA is not part of Star Alliance. I was surprised to see that.

Comment

As another data point, earlier this month I had no problem interlining my bag at the Hong Kong Airport Express city check in, SQ HKG-SIN-LAX connecting to Delta on a separate ticket.

I was half expecting to not be able to check in at all in the city since my final destination is in the USA, but I guess since I wasn't flying straight to the USA airport check in wasn't required.

Comment

Originally posted by Loran View Post
                          As another data point, earlier this month I had no problem interlining my bag at the Hong Kong Airport Express city check in, SQ HKG-SIN-LAX connecting to Delta on a separate ticket.

I was half expecting to not be able to check in at all in the city since my final destination is in the USA, but I guess since I wasn't flying straight to the USA airport check in wasn't required.
                          Good to know. I hope all the baggage connect even with the overnight in SIN.

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                          1. I managed to have my luggages checked though at Sydney Airport when I had a separate ticket , SYD-MEL on VA [Y], MEL-SIN-SRG on SQ/MI [J], however no J class label tagged. It took a few minutes for the counter to combine my itinerary, and I was told that this is possible as VA and SQ were on the same alliance, even though MI is not on Star Alliance, they use SQ5102 instead of MI102 for SIN-SRG.

2. Once I flew SYD-SIN-CGK on SQ [J], then CGK-SRG on GA [Y], I informed SQ CGK call centre that I had a connecting flight and they put my GA itinerary to my SQ's. When I checked in at SYD, they gave me all boarding passes including GA236 printed on SQ's boarding pass paper, and have my baggages collected in SRG. GA is not part of Star Alliance. I was surprised to see that.
                          Good to know too!

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          With all the unusual and various places you travel, I reckon you'd be our resident expert on here!

I'm optimistic that I might be able to interline on my CA & SQ tickets for TSE-PEK-SIN-MEL. Would you trust that to work with ticket change happening at PEK?
                          I guess I am creating niche market in my reports. I wonder how many people appreciate.

I wouldn't have too high hopes for relying on an Astana agent. Make sure you have enough transit time in case need to collect and re-check in.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                            I wouldn't have too high hopes for relying on an Astana agent. Make sure you have enough transit time in case need to collect and re-check in.
                            I had the option at the time of booking for 2.5 hours transit in PEK or 11 hours. This is why I went for 11 hours.

Comment

What's the likelihood of getting SQ staff at DPS to interline baggage for a DL flight ex-LAX?

Comment

There is no issue of agents obliging interlining separate tickets at Changi T2 business class counter.

I pushed the boundaries: 3 separate eTickets: SQ, TK, Ukraine Airlines
                                Agent made no fuss at all. Even offered to issue BP for TK.

But it was the system that declined the Ukraine connection. Not sure because it is a 3rd, or it is >24hr,. Up to IST is ok.
                                etc.

PS: in BKK, the agent refused to interline citing separate tickets issue. But if both tickets are TK can be done.
                                Last edited by SQueeze; 28 April 2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X