No announcement yet.

The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've tried it last month, and yes the bed is hard but it would suit me (and our family) well (Chinese). My in-laws constantly complained that the bed in western hotels are too soft.

I have trip report about it in FT if anyone wants to see it ....

Comment

• Originally posted by edison View Post
      I've tried it last month, and yes the bed is hard but it would suit me (and our family) well (Chinese). My in-laws constantly complained that the bed in western hotels are too soft.

I have trip report about it in FT if anyone wants to see it ....
      Cool - what's the link?

Comment

• Originally posted by pulvardon View Post
        Cool - what's the link?
        Here it is. Enjoy:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip...sq-suites.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          SQ needs to provide the best bed in the air. The main reason for paying for Business and especially First Class is to get the best rest.

I will try both products in the next four weeks and will share my views. At least for Suites, SQ needs to have mattress toppers available - space to store them can't be the issue.
          I was on 1A on SQ221 on 08/02. Lots of storage space on the new A380 for the crew,the new mattress toppers and duvets are stored in front of Suite 1A before the restroom. The bedding is very soft and silky comfortable (read : good thread count) but both pillows provided are too soft for me (however this is subjective - - individual preference).

If you are trying the product soon,be prepare for some “intrusion” as many crew are on familiarisation and the same poor mentor has been rostered on this same flight for the past 5 weeks for coaching purpose. So don’t be surprise to see as many as 3-4 crew during your turndown service!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            I was on 1A on SQ221 on 08/02. Lots of storage space on the new A380 for the crew,the new mattress toppers and duvets are stored in front of Suite 1A before the restroom. The bedding is very soft and silky comfortable (read : good thread count) but both pillows provided are too soft for me (however this is subjective - - individual preference)!
            Mattress topper? Is this due to passenger feedback? How thick is this topper? Any pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              Mattress topper? Is this due to passenger feedback? How thick is this topper? Any pictures?
              The "mattress" has been available since I took it on the first week of service. It's rather thin and acts more like a cover, ie. not thick and plush.

The main bedding is still the flip down bed, which is quite firm.

K

Comment

• I just flew SQ221/232 SIN-SYD-SIN last week...a trip report on the new A380 cabin products just posted here. Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  I just flew SQ221/232 SIN-SYD-SIN last week...a trip report on the new A380 cabin products just posted here. Enjoy!
                  Thank you as always for the detail of the Y cabin!

I note the absence though of one of my favourite amenities on the seat back in Y- no coathook for my jacket it would appear from your photos...

Comment

I just flew SQ221/232 SIN-SYD-SIN last week...a trip report on the new A380 cabin products just posted here. Enjoy!
                    Very good read, thanks again yflyer. Add to what SQ228 mentioned, no touch remotes anymore so you have to use the screen to control anything including call the F/A.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

I note the absence though of one of my favourite amenities on the seat back in Y- no coathook for my jacket it would appear from your photos...
                      Coat hooks are quite visible on the upper side of each seat, but it looks like it's fixed and cannot be pulled and released like those on the 2006 and 2013 Y.

Comment

• Looks like I lucked out and will get to try the new J from LHR on Saturday. Not sure whether I can still get seats in row 11 but 91 and 96 are available.
                        /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

Thanks, SQ228!

I had to search for the coathook as well, but they are there, as icn.sg pointed out! (By the side...)

Comment

Thanks, SQ228!

I had to search for the coathook as well, but they are there, as icn.sg pointed out! (By the side...)
                            Yes I see them now- I was only looking on the seatbacks. They appear to switch sides so as to never be on the aisle side. I'm hoping they place them on the window side for window seats. My jacket pockets are my storage solution mid-flight! On the 2006 & 2013 products they are always left side on the seatback panel which is another reason I like A seats rather than K

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                              Coat hooks are quite visible on the upper side of each seat, but it looks like it's fixed and cannot be pulled and released like those on the 2006 and 2013 Y.
                              I thought you could pull them. It worked for me when I pulled the coathook when I flew SQ's 2006 and 2013 seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                I thought you could pull them. It worked for me when I pulled the coathook when I flew SQ's 2006 and 2013 seats.
                                I've not been on the new A380, so I can't confirm if the coat hook on the 2017 Y can be pulled or not. Are you saying the 2006 and 2013 Y seats are the same as the 2017 ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X