Wedding Cake / Honeymoon Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Cake / Honeymoon Cake

Mrs Flying Dobber and I finally married after knowing each other for 24 years.
    We married on the 3rd June (teachers half term you see) so wont be going away until the 19th July.

As a surprise can I ask SQ for a cake for the Mrs? We will be on the FRA-SIN flight in J.

I know SQ do cakes for birthdays but what about honeymoons as such? (we were going away anyway so its a honeymoon in name only!). Will happily share with staff and / or passengers!

Also is it too long after the wedding?

Cheers
    Clowesy

Yes you can. Just informed reservations a few days earliers and they arrange something nice for you. I too, got my cake a few years back on my honeymoon when they found out during check in that i was on my honeymoon.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
      Mrs Flying Dobber and I finally married after knowing each other for 24 years.
      We married on the 3rd June (teachers half term you see) so wont be going away until the 19th July.

As a surprise can I ask SQ for a cake for the Mrs? We will be on the FRA-SIN flight in J.

I know SQ do cakes for birthdays but what about honeymoons as such? (we were going away anyway so its a honeymoon in name only!). Will happily share with staff and / or passengers!

Also is it too long after the wedding?

Cheers
      Clowesy
      Yes they do cakes fir special so occasions like hooneymoon and wedding and birthdays. Our honeymoon was 3 months after but it was provided

Just do call them in advanced to give them ample time.

By the congrats and have a wonderful time

Comment

24 years?! Congrats

Comment

I've seen a couple off to honeymoon sitting across from me receiving a cake on my flight from NRT. The mrs got a teddy bear too.

Comment

What about birthdays? I heard it is cake as well as long as it is plus/minus one day, but i did not get mine on the day before my birthday. Do i have to request it? To be honest, i prefer my birthday to be silent, so does not matter for me, but just wondering...

Congrats to flyingdobber

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
              What about birthdays? I heard it is cake as well as long as it is plus/minus one day, but i did not get mine on the day before my birthday. Do i have to request it? To be honest, i prefer my birthday to be silent, so does not matter for me, but just wondering...
              Yes, you (or preferably someone else) will have to request it.

If it was automatic they'd be loading cakes on every A380 flight

Comment

Despite early notification of my wife's birthday which fall on the date of the flight, and even though BCAKE was indicated on top of selected meal.

The cake didn't appear throughout the flight. Perhaps the crew were busy and totally forgotten about it. Quite disappointed with SQ, meant to give my wife a surprise. J class.

Comment

Cake all booked now thanks.
                  If you are on board most welcome to share

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                    Cake all booked now thanks.
                    If you are on board most welcome to share

Do remind the crew when you're onboard as they are human and do forget things especially when it's a full flight. Enjoy!

Comment

a bit OT, but is BTC via MMB down? :O

Comment

Just wondering if they do anything else besides cakes? like a card or something? or can you request them to write happy birthday/honeymoon/annieversary in chocolate on the dessert plate?

Comment

Originally posted by ninja-tim View Post
                          Just wondering if they do anything else besides cakes? like a card or something? or can you request them to write happy birthday/honeymoon/annieversary in chocolate on the dessert plate?
                          My wife and I got s customized card from the crew signed by even the pilots. Thought it was extremely nice of them. We were in suites though so ....

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                            My wife and I got s customized card from the crew signed by even the pilots. Thought it was extremely nice of them. We were in suites though so ....
                            What did you tell them/ask? I will be in suites from MEL-LHR.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja-tim View Post
                              What did you tell them/ask? I will be in suites from MEL-LHR.
                              Initially I tried to request for a free upgrade for our honeymoon but it was rejected so I did an award upgrade. So I guess they knew already ??? But I did hear you can call the contact Centre on this to make arrangements

Comment

Working...
                              X