Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to PPS?

I've heard through the grapevine - So the typical disclaimer applies. Needless to say no written confirmation as yet.:

But here goes:

1. LPPS to be abolished. Dunno what happens to existing LPPS members though.

2 .The PPS miles/sectors system of qual to be abolished. PPS qual by revenue - set at circa $25 000 SGD

3. TPPS benefits to remain the same.

BUT...

4. Significant watering down of QPP:
    QPP no longer able to bring guests into SKL
    No more requal bday gifts/vouchers
    No access to SKL F unless flying F

Anyone else heard anything?
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 9 March 2007, 01:06 PM.

If true - this is rather disturbing, i might add!

Comment

Changes to PPS?

Since the cat's out of the proverbial bag, I heard about this at the end of January and I suppose it's now OK to comment publicly about it.
      Originally posted by SQflyergirl

2 .The PPS miles/sectors system of qual to be abolished. PPS qual by revenue - set at circa $25 000 SGD

BUT...

Apparently however, the systems that are needed to be programmed to accomodate the new changes are extremely complicated and are taking an age to implement.

I didn't hear about point number 1 though.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 4 September 2008, 07:16 AM.

Comment

SQ does not love me anymore.

Comment

Certainly does not sound appealing. Sad news.

Comment

It has always been my view that PPS is the model for airline loyalty. Particularly in status-conscious Asia, PPS is an just-attainable goal that generates premium (P & J) revenue and often fanatical customer loyalty.

PPS, if anything, is a victim of its success. It has engendered loyalty among ever increasing numbers of premium passengers.

If there is a need to control this success, I can empathise with this. By all means, raise the bar -- BUT give something more to those who remain.

Raising the bar AND cutting the benefits makes no sense at all. From my perspective as a corporate traveller, I still have full control of which carrier I fly.

I hope very much that SQ does not act with the arrogance to think that they can demand more dollars, and at the same time reward this loyalty with less.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              Apparently however, the systems that are needed to be programmed to accomodate the new changes are extremely complicated and are taking an age to implement.
              No wonder. Wouldn't they have to put in some kind of grandparenting clause, so that people on the way to TPP or LPP wouldn't lose all the sectors / miles they had been accumulating under the old system?

If the rumor is true -- particularly the cut in QPP benefits (the cancellation of guest privileges at the SKL being especially mean-spirited ) -- the changes would be a surefire way to get rid of loyal customers. Has SQ management really become so short-sighted?
              Last edited by jjpb3; 9 March 2007, 02:36 PM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Yeah, someone at SQ did not get the equation right.

Increase fares + increase (re)qualification criterias + reduce KF miles value for F & J (77W/380) = less benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

I've heard through the grapevine - So the typical disclaimer applies. Needless to say no written confirmation as yet.:

But here goes:

BUT...

Anyone else heard anything?
                  Ugh... More bad news. Thanks so much, SQ. What are you thinking???
                  How can you expect customer loyalty if there is no loyalty to your frequent premium flyers??

Comment

SQ shouldn't penalize its PPS Club members because the program is doing so well.
                    Of course they still can view it purely short term and try to squeeze every dollar from the members and giving as little return as possible for loyalty as the market will take.

Comment

I am speechless.
                      Anyone knows whether the Feng Shui of previous PPS Club program had gone wrong?

Comment

Oh well...it was fun while it lasted

Comment

It'll be interesting to see whether this S$25k criteria applies worldwide ... or will we have, like BAEC and other programs, a lower threshold for people resident in certain areas ?

In some ways, this may lead to better service - less PPS, more attention (hopefully!), less crowded lounges etc!

Comment

How will they count revenue from a RTW that has some segments on SQ?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              SQ does not love me anymore.
                              SQ does not love anyone anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X