This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Handiman, you have to see when you started collecting the first 25Kmiles that gave you Silver. If within 12 months of that "start" date, you hit in total of 50K, you should get Gold.

Congrats to you!
    Now I understand , thanks a lot for your advice, appreciate !

Comment

• Handiman, why not consider A3 (Aegean)? For 20,000 you can become a *G, as compared to KF's 25,000 for *S

Comment

• Hi Chris , just discovered about A3 lately and tempting to join them , but to be honest I am afraid its not easy to do redemption on SQ flights, I live in CGK and SQ been the most convenient carrier to fly in and out and mostly I make very short trip, and as i fly only 10 hrs up in J class , I love to burn my miles upgrading, also my Citibank , Amex and BCA been generous in giving points to my KF , am not sure if they can do the same to A3.

SkyTeam will also be my target as GA is doing great and i would like to see next year what is GA qualifying Tiers.

Comment

• Hi , need some info , my gold will exp in mar 13 , but now already clocked 44 k to requalify and next month will be 50 k , does it means my exp will then changed to oct 13 or mar 14.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Handiman View Post
            Hi , need some info , my gold will exp in mar 13 , but now already clocked 44 k to requalify and next month will be 50 k , does it means my exp will then changed to oct 13 or mar 14.

Thanks
            No, your expiry should continue to stay on the original date. Any miles above the 50k that you earn before that expiry will not go into next year's requalification.

Comment

• THX for info CarbonMan, in that case better spill some of the extra miles to the other FFP ? Such as A3

Comment

• just need someone to confirm im right.

say for example i am now only at krisflyer status and my membership start date is 1st may. basically i have 1 year to accure miles to elite status. say by december i accure 25k miles and i become silver, i will still get gold assuming i accure another 25k miles by may of next year, correct?

in short, once i become silver by december, my elite miles meter does not reset and i still only require 25k more miles to become gold and not 50k to become gold.

yes?

thanks in advance!

Comment

• Yes (5chtr)

Comment

• Hi all, newbie here, hoping with fingers crossed to make it to EG. I think I'm cutting it close, anyway I hope to share the final outcome eventually. Here is a summary :

KF - Member Since Dec 2010 (as said on original blue card)
                    KF Silver - Achieved around Nov 2011, don't remember exact date but the Krisflyer Account Statement said "Your Tier : Elite Silver - Expires 30 Nov 2012" since then.

For my Silver year, I will hit about ~53k Elite miles by 30 Nov 2012. (based on meter by tier expiry date) This does not include the first 25k I did to achieve Silver, so in other words this 53k is only from Nov 2011 to 30 Nov 2012.

However on 1st Nov 2012, it reset all my Elite miles so the meter is back to 0, expiry 30 Nov 2013. I think this has been discussed in the forum that there is a another meter still keeping track whether you hit 50k miles.

I was thinking that if it was tracked exactly 12 months (for example start Silver Year exactly on 1st Nov 2011 and ending 31st Oct 2012) then I would not really have 50k Elite miles. But if based on Start of Silver up till Tier Expiry Date - 30 Nov 2012 then it is >50k Elite miles. In other words if the meter didn't reset, it will be >50k by 30th Nov.

Anyway, once all my travel for Nov is done, I will see if I can get Gold or if I have to appeal. Will update once I have more info, hopefully it is useful for readers especially those borderline case and just my little contribution back to a great forum with great people!

Comment

• Hi Miles Hunter - welcome to SQT.

Your hunt for Gold begins on the date you earned the first mile of the required 50K. If you manage to hit the 50K within 1 year of that date, you will get Gold, and this new status will begin from that date onwards for 1 year.

It does not depend on your Silver anniversary dates. I hope I understood your question.

Comment

• CarbonMan, thanks! So what is the best way to track my progress (besides manual tracking!), it seems using the KF website is not the most accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miles Hunter View Post
                          CarbonMan, thanks! So what is the best way to track my progress (besides manual tracking!), it seems using the KF website is not the most accurate?
                          Why do you say that, Miles Hunter? SQ may sometimes be late in reporting the travel but in my experience so far, they have been quite accurate, but then again, I have very straight-forward itineraries unlike some of the other forumers here.

Comment

• Ah, yes I should not say it is inaccurate - it is of course quite accurate (calculation and reporting is not wrong, in my experience so far).

I was specifically referring to the meter that tracks elite miles on the website. Because it seems to imply my deadline for 50k miles is +1 year plus end of the month, rather than exactly 1 year.

I think my question should be better phrased as follows :
                            "If I achieve ES on 5th Nov 2012, to achieve EG I need 50k miles by.."
                            a. 4th or 5th Nov 2013 (exactly 1 year / 365 days)
                            b. 30th Nov 2013 (expiry of Elite Silver as stated in website)

Comment

• Hi, I just got me EG by clocking 50k miles within a year. Will look forward to contribute towards this forum.

Comment

• Hello, just got my EG status and I want to share my story.

As the other senior forumers mentioned in this thread, aside from the shown meter on the right hand side in the SQ official website, there "should be" a hidden meter whether we achieve 50k miles in one year or not. I said "should be" because the fact that I can't see it but can be proven by looking at the miles summary for 1 year.

So my case would be:
                                1. I first earned my ES on 1 Sept 2011, and this is also the date I started my quest for Gold. My ES would be expired on 31 Aug 2012.
                                2. On Aug 2012, I had accumulate 37k miles, which means I already qualify for another year as ES but still a little bit more to EG.
                                3. On Sept 2012, I found out that my elite miles are all gone (from the shown meter), SQ emailed me and said I qualified again for ES until Aug 2013. I was so hopeless and sad. I thought not even 1 miles remaining from that 37k that I collected.
                                4. Between the period of Sept-Oct 2012, I flew so many times and saw that my elite miles are almost 20k in the meter and I thought I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get EG sometime next year 2013.
                                5. Suddenly at the end of Oct 2012, I got an email from SQ said that I qualified for EG and my KF is EG now. I'm so happy that my business trip finally have more perks than during the ES.
                                6. Out of curiosity, I checked the miles summary for 1 full year and found out that during Oct 2011 till Oct 2012, I accumulated 57k miles. So I guess this is what people said about the hidden meters.

Pretty sure this also happened to some of the members here. Although I'm a bit disappointed that SQ downgrade their Lounge for EG members from what I read in this forum, I guess they felt the EG members are too many and they want us to spend more on Business class to get PPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X