Top Ten Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Airlines

What are your top ten favorite airlines? Of course we all probably know which one will be in the top spot If you can't fit all of your faves. in a top ten list, make an honorable mention list too.
    Mine:
    10. Asiana
    9.Qantas
    8.Emirates
    7.Malaysia Airlines
    6.Etihad
    5.ANA
    4.THAI (*Keith sighs and rolls eyes*)
    3.Cathay Pacific
    2.Qatar Airways
    1.SINGAPORE AIRLINES

Honorable Mention:
    British Airways
    Virgin Atlantic
    SWISS
    Korean Air
    JAL
    Air NZ
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

I admit that I haven't tried very many airlines. So I will have only one choice: You-know-what. However, I hope to have a chance to try Etihad one day. Their Pearl Class looks so cool!
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I'll admit I haven't tried all the airlines I listed either, but from friends, family, and TRs from all-over-the web I've come to my conclusion for my list.
      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Is the question:

My top ten fave airlines

or

My top ten fave airlines i've flown before?

Comment

Just top ten faves SQFG.

Comment

Hmmm...I think it should be ones that have been flown. That would give some very good insights and perhaps help others in making decisions... Just a thought...
            HUGE AL

Comment

Hmmm, I guess anyone can decide. If you want ones that you have flown or ones you know well go ahead. Or if you want to do just 5 then go ahead. Its really up to you...

Comment

I agree with HUGE AL there - first hand experience is best.

I think I'd just make a few honourable mentions, in no particular order:
                - Singapore Airlines (i've not tried SQ F yet though )
                - Qantas
                - British Airways
                - Lufthansa (in F)
                - Malaysian Airlines (in Y)
                - Ansett (RIP) - I'm still in mourning till this day...
                - Swissair (RIP)
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 August 2007, 11:51 AM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  - Ansett (RIP) - I'm still in mourning till this day...
                  At least they haven't developed into some cheap-O zombie. Imagine Anzett as Jetstar Airlines
                  What a nightmare!
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

The SQOZ in my name already mentions two of the very best:
                    - Singapore Airlines Y/C/F -> the entire product is convincing with the exception of the ground service for premium pax maybe... in some aspects years ahead of its competitors in others not (lounges @ SIN)
                    - Asiana Y/C -> for service ("perfect" but sadly also one of the most "robotic" service in the industry), great food, nicely presented + a bonus point for the pretty Korean ladies

Another 8 high quality airlines (among others) in no particular order:
                    - ANA Y -> Most of the time impeccable service, cleanest (!) aircraft fleet (relevant for picky people like me)
                    - Korean Air Y/C -> even prettier Korean FA than on OZ, often nice service, not up to OZ level but on the other hand less "robotic".
                    - Emirates Y -> Great Inflight entertainment, modern fleet, tries hard to regain its former reputation...
                    - Qatar Airways C/F -> Overall product convincing, ground service for premium passengers, serious competitor for SQ in the very near future.
                    - Thai Y/C/F -> mainly mentioned for F ground service which is ... service, food and cleanliness inconsistent.
                    - Swiss Y/C/F -> many rant about it but as standards drop still one of the better airlines in Europe.
                    - Air New Zealand Y/C -> the best "Premium Economy"-product, most of the time good food and service.
                    - British Airways Y/C -> BA too offers a convincing product, arrival lounges for Club World pax are a nice touch,

Though Cathay Y might be a great airline, I have taken it only between Hong Kong and Taipei (in Y) so far and was not impressed by the service (eg. rudest check-in agent ever) nor by the hardware I'm not able to judge the entire product.
                    Last edited by SQOZflyer; 23 August 2007, 10:36 AM.

Comment

For my own favourite, it must be:
                      1)Singapore Airlines
                      2)China Airlines(ROC)
                      3)Eva Airways
                      4)Lufthansa
                      5)Finnair
                      6)All Nippon Airways
                      7)Thai Airways International
                      8)KLM
                      9)Korean Air
                      10)Oasis Hong Kong Airlines

Comment

Top 3
                        1. Singapore Airlines, who else?
                        2. Virgin Blue, best domestic carrier ever!
                        3. Qantas, short flights they're ok I spose

Comment

1 - Singapore Airlines
                          obviously.

2 - Virgin Atlantic
                          i like their interiors. the flight attendants are awesome because they actually joke around with you. haven't been called "cutie" and "honey" that often before in 10+ hours :-)

3 - Qantas
                          obviously also a great way to fly. though i really hate their 767s but their 747-400s and 777s. especially their 747-300s with new interiors are kind of awesome!

4 - Thai
                          actually never got on a Thai plane because I could always choose between SIA or Thai and I always chose SIA. But I really like their 340 fleet.

5 - Etihad
                          The fastest growing airlines in the world. They are actually pretty good and I would prefer flying Ethiad to flying Emirates.

6 - Swiss
                          In Europe I'd fly Swiss before I'd take a step on any other airlines because they are simply the best in terms of service. I also like their fleet - especially their 330s are nice.

7 - Cathay Pacific
                          Traitor airlines. Yeah, I know that some really dislike them ... but they are actually really good. I do not like their new business class though. I simply cannot imagine taking off and landing sideways :-)

8 - Emirates
                          I really really hate their 777 layouts (3-4-3) because you feel so cramped. Service was okay.

9 - Qatar Airways
                          They are quite nice i figure but I would never get on a plane from Doha to Kuala Lumpur if it is indeed an old A300 without PTVs. A 8 hours flight without personal entertainment would be quite boring I guess.

10 - China Airlines
                          Although I do not like them because their service is really, really bad (a male flight attendant actually laughed at a friend of mine because some other fa called him "white pig" in chinese .... I understood it and told my friend - it was really embarassing) ... but as they are one of the only Asian airlines left that fly to VIE, I obviously have to fly them ... and I somehow thank them for their really good prices although flying Y class on a 330 with 'em can be quite a pain in one's feet.
                          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Here my list (only 4)

1. Singapore Airlines
                            - love the service on SQ011 (first and my only flight with SQ to this date).

2. Malaysia Airlines- Wonderful cabin crew. Also their check-in staff is very friendly, my family know someone who works at the MH check-in counter at LAX and he gives us the right to choose any seat that is available on the aircraft in Economy Class.

3. AirAsia- I like their A320s

4. Southwest Airlines- Comfortable on their 737NGs
                            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                              1 - Singapore Airlines
                              3 - Qantas
                              obviously also a great way to fly. though i really hate their 767s but their 747-400s and 777s. especially their 747-300s with new interiors are kind of awesome!
                              don't you mean Qantas' A330's?

Comment

Working...
                              X