New at MEL - Express path for passport control and security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at MEL - Express path for passport control and security

Flying SQ238 in Y as a *G rendered me eligible to use this new service. Worked a treat.

You'll be handed an 'Express path' card by the check in agent.

Will see if there's a similar service for arrivals on Monday morning.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Flying SQ238 in Y as a *G rendered me eligible to use this new service. Worked a treat.

I am planning a trip to Melbourne for a holiday to Mel in Y and that is a good news for me.

But will they allow it for my wife and child traveling with me to be issued with the Express Path Card? They are non-PPS or *A Gold while I am PPS.

Do you normally find the flights to be very tight in Y or C to MEL and which particular period is bad? Are space beds provided on all C class flights?

Kind Regards

Comment

Come Nov MEL will have all 3 C seats. Regional, Space-beds, New C...

How interesting...........

Comment

Did they describe it as a trial? If not perhaps we can assume the SYD trial was a success and they are rolling it out..

Comment

well, at least that means there won't be the HUGE bottleneck at the security checks any more, MEL has the worst international terminal security check wise

Comment

Hope they will have it for arrival too...coz in the morning, it took ages to get through immigration....but generally for dep with SQ218..around midnight...its not that bad...but with other SQ flights....which leaves around 10 AM and 4PM...it gets really crowded...many other flights depart around this time too...

Comment

keep dreaming about arrival, Australian customs are always going to be slow, especially if you're arriving from a suspicious location

Comment

Originally posted by simong View Post
                Did they describe it as a trial? If not perhaps we can assume the SYD trial was a success and they are rolling it out..
                If the SYD trial was supposed to allow *G / C BP holders fast-track departure, it sure hadn't been rolled out on 1 August when I departed SYD. I received no special express pass card at checkin.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by simong View Post
                  Did they describe it as a trial?
                  No they didn't. I hope it's a permanent feature.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Update: Nope it doesn;t exist for arrivals. Arrivals was rather quiet on Monday morning though, which might have something to do with being in seat 32H (744).

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    But will they allow it for my wife and child traveling with me to be issued with the Express Path Card? They are non-PPS or *A Gold while I am PPS.

Do you normally find the flights to be very tight in Y or C to MEL and which particular period is bad? Are space beds provided on all C class flights?
                    Sorry mate, I hadn't noticed your post till now.

I'd think the Express path privileges will also be extended to your travelling companions, which has usually been the case IME at other airports with such a service.

Only SQ228/227 (744) has Spacebeds, whilst SQ218/SQ217 will morph into a 77W later in the year. SQ238/237 continues to be a regional plane. June/July and around Nov/Dec are peak periods for travel due to summer in Europe (for June/Jul), holiday season (xmas etc) and overseas students returning home or coming over to start a new academic semester. Flights are usually packed during these times. Shoulder season around Sep and possibly May.

Hope that helps, and let me know when you're down here.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 August 2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

No they didn't. I hope it's a permanent feature.
                      Hi...I was sending a friend to airport this morning and asked about this express path features...whether is it only a trial or permanent...but the check-in agent said that it is a permanent feature...so hope it is true....

Comment

hey Keith I could never work out why some of the flights had 772's or 773's but now I know! thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
                        X