New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iflyflat View Post
    Does anyone have any information when this lounge will open???
    Must be a big, bold and beautiful lounge being built.
    A post from a similar thread on FT speculates March, but no exact date given.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24327030-post38.html

Can't find any other recent information about this. No indication either when I passed by the location in December, the day before it was originally slated to open.

Comment

[QUOTE=SQGamespeed;191833]A post from a similar thread on FT speculates March, but no exact date given.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24327030-post38.html

Thanks SQGamespeed

Comment

Peered through the paper on saturday and a cleaning crew was vacuuming the host reception desk. Looks to be soon.

Comment

It's getting a bit silly with this on-going delay in opening. They are indeed now hopeful of next month, and are confident it will be open by April for sure, but believe it when you see it is probably the best policy as it should have been ready last year....

Comment

Hi hopefully I'm posting in the right place. Does anyone know how far ahead in advance one can check in at LHR T2 for an SQ flight (now that they have *A collective check in) so as to maximize time at the Silver Kris lounge? 3 hours? 4 hours? or Indefinite?

Comment

You should be able to check in on the day of your flight as long as SQ has check-in desks open. They open their desks three hours before a flight. Depending on the time of day, they have flights leaving roughly every three hours from LHR, so you should be able to check in up to six hours before your flight, at least.

The SilverKris Lounge may not even be open yet, though, so I don't know if you'll really be able to maximise your time there.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                You should be able to check in on the day of your flight as long as SQ has check-in desks open. They open their desks three hours before a flight. Depending on the time of day, they have flights leaving roughly every three hours from LHR, so you should be able to check in up to six hours before your flight, at least.

The SilverKris Lounge may not even be open yet, though, so I don't know if you'll really be able to maximise your time there.
                I'm thinking of flying on SQ317 in the morning. Any chance the communal check in will be open by 6:30am or so?

Comment

First flight of the day, so you'll probably only be able to check in by 7:55 AM at the earliest.

Comment

Just had a quick look inside the new SKL and workers are in there as I type this so while opening is not looking imminent they hope to open by the end of the month, latest first week of April. But it's been going on so long now this saga believe it when you see it...

One thing that is definitely already up and running is the wifi, as I am using it to type this while sat in the AC lounge opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Just had a quick look inside the new SKL and workers are in there as I type this so while opening is not looking imminent they hope to open by the end of the month, latest first week of April. But it's been going on so long now this saga believe it when you see it...

One thing that is definitely already up and running is the wifi, as I am using it to type this while sat in the AC lounge opposite.
                      Oh dear. I was hoping to be able to use it next week

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Oh dear. I was hoping to be able to use it next week
                        Was at LHR yesterday coming home via SQ317. No lounge access yet, which was quite a bummer because we had two pax travelling Suites (my other half and me) and two pax (toddler and helper) in EY. They said because the available lounges are operated by other people, there was no way they could get both EY passengers into the lounge (I could have a visitor as I am KF EG). We chilled out at the Perfectionist's Cafe instead

Comment

Originally posted by bertrande View Post
                          We chilled out at the Perfectionist's Cafe instead
                          Much better idea! I can't wait to head back there to try more of the dishes on the menu!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            Much better idea! I can't wait to head back there to try more of the dishes on the menu!
                            +1. Flew out of LHR T2 recently, and had the burger at the Perfectionist's Cafe. It was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                              +1. Flew out of LHR T2 recently, and had the burger at the Perfectionist's Cafe. It was pretty good.
                              +2. I ate at it in December and it pretty much lives up to its name.

Comment

I'm in LHR T2 at the moment

Well the lounge is still not ready.

Feedback from PAXs is that UA lounge trumps AC lounge

Listening to you guys instead and opted for Perfectionists' Cafe instead

Didn't know Heston Blumenthal of Fat Duck fame opened it

Comment

Working...
                                X