Amex PPS Club Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
    You are right, I was actually very surprised when they say they are waiving it. The previous year, despite my begging and threatening and highlighting how much I have charged through this card, AMEX did not waiver (no pun intended. ). When I call them this time round, I was simply trying my luck and thank goodness I did.
    In fact, I was confident when I called them today because as early as Oct last year, while asking Amex about another matter, I casually asked them about the impending annual fee, and the officer said cheerfully that (looking at my spending) I should not worry about it, to just call them up when the fee is due to see what happens.......

Nickbot : actually you are right, S$150 is a good price to pay IF you utilise the 25000 mile voucher well.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think I signed up in May, so I wonder when they'll send me a new voucher...

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
        ...Nickbot : actually you are right, S$150 is a good price to pay IF you utilise the 25000 mile voucher well.
        He he,...if the voucher isn't name specific, I'd gladly give you S$150 for it, as it's just about the amount mrs nickbot would require for the redemption we're planning!!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          He he,...if the voucher isn't name specific, I'd gladly give you S$150 for it, as it's just about the amount mrs nickbot would require for the redemption we're planning!!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            S$150 is manifestly too low! You should offer an amount which upright man can't refuse...

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
              S$150 is manifestly too low! You should offer an amount which upright man can't refuse...
              Ahh my supremely low offer was in jest to be honest -merely highlighting the fact that a S$150 renewal sounds a great deal to me when considering both the mileage earning potential of the card and the vouchers; I suppose it's also yet again another lament that us UK based KF members (PPS or otherwise) have no access to a KF-partnered credit card If upright man *would*, however, like to sell his voucher, then of course I'd be happy to chat with him offline

On a slightly unconnected note, I had a mailshot yesterday from BMI Diamond Club about their new (?) MBNA Amex, which offers a 20,000 mile bonus to new applicants after spending the first £250 in 90 days - for UK based BD members this looks well worth applying for, if the multiple bonus process still works!

Comment

I just got my Amex vouchers for 35K and called Krisflyer hoping to redeem an economy saver on the A380 to London. But according to Krisflyer, the amex promo can only be used for the 747 flights instead of the A380!

Didnt see any such terms and conditions in the voucher!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  I just got my Amex vouchers for 35K and called Krisflyer hoping to redeem an economy saver on the A380 to London. But according to Krisflyer, the amex promo can only be used for the 747 flights instead of the A380!

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear that too. Unfortunately, the 35,000 promotion does come with a couple of strings attached. Good card though.

Comment

Sorry to hear that too.
                      I checked the terms and conditions, and unfortunately it is stated :

11. Offer is not applicable for redemption of flights on all A380 and B777-300ER services.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

At least some good news, Amex did not bother even to charge me any annual fees. No annual fees! WooHoo!
                        Last edited by SuperJonJon; 13 March 2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I just received my new Amex PPS card as my renewal is for March together with the upto 35,000 miles voucher.

Unfortunately the voucher has travel validity of 30 June 08 ie 3 months. Is that a tad cheeky on SQ to expect me to use up and to travel by 30 Juen 08?

Do you think SQ will allow me a one year grace ie to Mar 09 if I were to write to them?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                            I just received my new Amex PPS card as my renewal is for March together with the upto 35,000 miles voucher.

Unfortunately the voucher has travel validity of 30 June 08 ie 3 months. Is that a tad cheeky on SQ to expect me to use up and to travel by 30 Juen 08?

Do you think SQ will allow me a one year grace ie to Mar 09 if I were to write to them?
                            I thought you will travel monthly to Asia. Thus mileage usage for upgrade would be handy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post

Got my vouchers in Feb and also had a similar deadline of June 08, let me know how it goes if you are able to get an extension.

Comment

I understand the 35k voucher promo has ended since 31st March. Any one knows if they are going to continue with this promotion or there are new things coming up?
                                Last edited by tris; 6 April 2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X