No announcement yet.

Greetings for PPS members inflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that the greetings for TPP have become very hit and miss. On occasions I seem be fawned over, and on others completely ignored whether long haul or short haul. On a recent flight in Y from SIN-BKK I was completely ignored, yet 2 other passengers received all the treatment - including being given bottles of water. Maybe they just select a couple of TPP now for the star treatment. The flight was nearly empty (less than 60 pax in Y).

Comment

I get a greeting every time on my usual flights (SQ286/285 AKl SIN SIN AKL) but not on regional flights in Asia (mostly SIN-BKK or SIN-MNL).

Comment

SUCH AN EFFORT FROM DRAGONAIR

I took a short flight from HK to Xiamen via dragon air recently. I was impressed very frankly when despite the short journey and full capacity in Y class... all the Marco Polo elite passengers were greeted by the Senior crew. Despite them having a few crew and full load and the short journey, Elite passengers were given the due recognition of appreciation for their continued support and from an industry which is so service orientated, I must say it is a job well done. Hope we are not forgotten just becos the flight is full or the journey is short...

Comment

Just to report back, 2 Y sectors today - CGKSIN & SINCGK and I was greeted on both flights. On CGKSIN I was greeted by the LSS (senior crew in charge of my cabin), SINCGK by the LS in charge, who mentioned the name of the FSS working in my cabin, who 'will take care of me during the flight'. Nice follow up by the FSS which came over shortly after and welcomed me back on SQ, etc.

Comment

On my recent SINBKK short flight too, the CSS came to greet me, which was a surprise on a short flight. It all really depends on the set of crew you get.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              On my recent SINBKK short flight too, the CSS came to greet me, which was a surprise on a short flight. It all really depends on the set of crew you get.
              On my recent SINBKK flight I too saw a IFS greeting a PPS. And gave him a FastTrack card too.
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                On my recent SINBKK flight I too saw a IFS greeting a PPS. And gave him a FastTrack card too.
                Wow I wasn't that lucky to get the FastTrack card.

Comment

This happened on my last flight from LHR to SIN (773). As I entered the front door, one of the stewards greeted me with a "Welcome back Mr xxxx" without even having seen my boarding card. I mumbled a thank you and thought it a bit weird that he knew my name like that. As I got back to my seat, there was a FSS standing by the seat behind mine (14K). As I got there, she flashed a huge smile and "Welcome onboard Mr. XXXX (using my first name), good to see you again, how are you? Do you remember me?"

I must have looked a tad lost/confused so she went on. "A year ago you flew with me and you were seated back in 21K (773 from LHR-SIN as well) and you were so nice to me (she had been a stewardess for a few months at that time). I saw your name on the passenger list at the walk through today and I have told everyone how nice you were to me". I tend to be nice to all crew (I like to think) but I had given her Janet Chew's book "The Mile-Hi! Club - Memoirs of a Stewardess" when I had finished it and she really appreciated that.

Needless to say, I got really great service throughout the flight (not about what you get but the conversation when they have time etc). After the flight I send a note back to SQ (https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Fee...dbackInit.jspx) to give feedback on Michelle's (her name) and the other crew that I met during the flight. 3-4 weeks later, I got an email from Michelle thanking me for my feedback that had been forwarded to her and the other crew.

I thought it was a great touch and the fact that she even remembered my name was beyond me. Of all the thousands of passengers she's meeting in a year, she remember mine Must have been charming personality, my great looks and my toned physique........

Comment

Working...
                  X