X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine actually never died .... and i had my old ones for like 4 years
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

The longest time one pair of apple headphones worked for me was like 3 months. Ok, I use them a lot and carry them in my pocket, but other headphones survived that way longer!
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Welcome to the board, bugaboo!

So which pram do you use?

Originally posted by bugaboo
        i got myself a pair of these and never looked back.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Westone_UM2_...-31694876.html

Comment

The ATH-ANC7 was the one that I have... I also bought it because of all the positive review (Wired mag, etc) and lower pricepoint.

However, I find that because the metal thing that holds the two cans together is too firm, the pressure on ear is too great, so it hurts after a while.

The Bose is much softer on ears and I can fly for hours without having to take them off...

Originally posted by fclasspax View Post
          I was reading about the Panasonic RP-HC500 noise cancelling headphones, and the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 Quiet Point Active noise cancelling headphones.

Has anyone tried these as I have read some very positive reviews on amazon.com.

Regards.

fclass

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
            However, I find that because the metal thing that holds the two cans together is too firm, the pressure on ear is too great, so it hurts after a while.
            Thanks for your comments!

It is interesting that one or two of the reviews at Amazon.com indicated that because the "metal thing that holds the two cans together" was somewhat flimsy, it broke after several months.

The reviews I have read about the QC2s indicated they are quite comfortable, but perhaps not made well enough to last years.

Oh well, so the world is not perfect. I think I'll try the ATH-ANC7 from Audio Technica.

Regards
            fclass
            Last edited by LampStack; 16 September 2007, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Bose is having QC3 xmas promo in KL at the moment - RM1580 (USD460), worth buying?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsetter View Post
                Bose is having QC3 xmas promo in KL at the moment - RM1580 (USD460), worth buying?
                Hmm... Any idea what's the non-discounted price?

The Bose site for Australia has them at AUD599, or about USD525. The UK site sells them for GBP275, or around USD558.

Meanwhile, the US Bose website lists them for USD349, so if you are planning a US vacation anytime soon, I would suggest waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                  Meanwhile, the US Bose website lists them for USD349, so if you are planning a US vacation anytime soon, I would suggest waiting.
                  When I was in Chicago I saw the sign at the store near Conrad there is a $50 off promotion of QC3... (if I remember correctly after all those dot dot dots! )

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    When I was in Chicago I saw the sign at the store near Conrad there is a $50 off promotion of QC3... (if I remember correctly after all those dot dot dots! )
                    This sounds like it could be the same promotion they have online:

When you order QuietComfort® headphones
                    by January 31, 2008

Choose a pair of QuietComfort headphones
                    today and you'll receive up to $50 off a select
                    Bose® product*—plus free express shipping
                    anywhere in the continental US.

Just add a pair of QC™ headphones to your
                    shopping cart, then choose from a list of
                    additional products at $50 savings.
                    So not exactly $50 off the QC3s.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                      This sounds like it could be the same promotion they have online:

So not exactly $50 off the QC3s.
                      Well, just glance through the window. Thus did not read the T&Cs. Must be from the cold weather!

Comment

And I've just requested another pair of iPod-replacement-headphones
                        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Thanks MovieMan & CGK for the valuable comments.

Comment

Let us know if you decide to get the QC3s, Jetsetter, and if they work out for you. As I've posted before, I consider the QCs, while expensive, to be a worthwhile investment if you fly a significant amount. After even one flight you'll probably be happy you purchased them, IMO.

I haven't tried the QC3s yet, but I have been happy with my QC2s for a number of years.

Comment

I use a pair of Westone UM1s. Work fine for me

Comment

Between "SENNHEISER C300 NOISE BLOCKING EAR CANAL PHONES" & "BANG & OLUFSEN EARPHONES WITH ADAPTOR FOR AIRCRAFT" which would you guys choose? Looking for earphones and trying to spend the PPS krisshop vouchers at the same time. Or is there any earphones / headphones that they sell?

Comment

Working...
                                X