Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suvarnabhumi - things unsurprisingly not going well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    In SIN T3 case, IIRC, the natural light allowed into the terminal building is adjustable with the movable panels under the roof. Jubilee777, maybe you can confirm?
    Yup.. rotatable for light control (rather than heat), but the temp should be fine...

Comment

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ml?__locale=en

Featuring a unique roof architecture, which allows soft natural light into the building while keeping the tropical heat out, Terminal 3’s one-of-its-kind roof design has 919 skylights with specially designed reflector panels which will automatically adjust themselves to allow an optimal amount of soft and uniform daylight into the terminal building. At night, the skylights glow with artificial lighting delicately concealed below the reflector panels. The overall effect is a soothing ambience at all times of the day.

Comment

Hmm, uncomfortable airports that spring to mind.

Punta Gorda in Southern Belize. I got back earlier than expected from a meeting and as there was no flights due for a couple of hours there was nobody there so I was outside in the heat waiting for my Tropic Air Caravan to arrive. The terminal only consists of a shed anyway so there wasn't much relief when I could sit in the wooden box measuring about 10ft x 10ft. Wonderful flight up and down though, sat up front next to the pilot watching the fabulous Belize scenery.

Once also got stuck queuing outside a terminal at an oilfield in the Libyan desert in mid afternoon. The runway at the oilfield we were at was closed so we were getting bussed a few hours further into the desert to fly back to TIP, and it was chaos. We also got stuck at the pick up airfield for 8 hours waiting for the F100 to pick us up. There wasn't even an outside line so we didn't even know if it had left. Finally lights appeared in the distance so they ran out and switched the runway lights on. That was not a fun trip...

Comment

Lets put it this way..... if the interior of the Terminal is too hot (like BKK) .....you don't just shut the ceiling for heat control..... its mainly to control the amount of light into the interior...the heat control is secondary.

Its all about "ambience" and the wow effect...

Comment

Working...
          X