Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Here's the bit from BBC World with VS complaining ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16298167
    All VS ever seem to do is wait for BA to do something, then complain about it. I have a lot of time for SRB, and could never be described as a big fan of BA, but this got boring years ago. As jhm says, they could have bought them themselves. Many times in the last few years actually.

It will be a real shame when DC comes to an end, as it has been by far the best FFP around, especially if you knew how to really use it. But, all good things come to an end and all that.

As for what to go for as a replacement, who knows. KF will remain out while the disgraceful discriminatory ban on Saver Awards on the 380 and 77W for SQ's own FFP members while allowing other *A programmes access to them remains in place. It's such a shame LH have such a crap JCL product, otherwise I would probably go for HON.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 23 December 2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      It's such a shame LH have such a crap JCL product, otherwise I would probably go for HON.
      So will you still jump over to M&M?
      HUGE AL

Comment

For mileage banking these days I'm now back to LH M&M where I still have a decent stash of miles and SEN till 02/13 and then FTL till 02/15. Right now in *A the best COS is with LH (not counting A3 here as their redemption booking procedures suck with 50% of miles being forfeit in case of award cancellation - who in their sane mind cooked that one up?)

*G status I will get from A3 in 2012 as I'm only 252mls away from reaching Gold (holding out for 2012 so my status will be valid for longer, e.g. 2015), but as I said it is not for mileage banking in my view. A RT SIN - CGK (maybe in C) will do to get my balance up to the 21K mls for a one way C class redemption in Asia (e.g. SIN-NRT or so).

I still got about 152K BD miles and want to redeem SIN to USA C+M for 2 pax in C for end of next year counting that by end Jan 2012 (when those award seats become available) I can still make reward bookings with BD DC and that IAG will have to honor tickets on BD stock once they are issued. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          So will you still jump over to M&M?
          It's probably favourite, but I really don't know at the moment. I will see if M&M offer any form of olive branch or status to DC members and also see what BA say and do. To be fair the BA programme is much better than it used to be so I can see me doing more OW flying.

Comment

Did I just hear that right Mr. TG FCLASSAWARDS More OW flying, really?

Comment

post deleted
              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                So has anyone heard anything about the tie up yet? Or the impact on BD miles?
                I always get freaked out when someone posts to this thread.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Slightly OT, but i tried to do a DC redemption from MNL-SIN this week and was told that BMI are no longer able to issue tickets that originate from the Philippines. No problem to book SIN-MNL-SIN.

Anyone got any idea why?

Comment

I believe it's to do with some sort of a regulation that requires all tickets ex-Phillipines to be issued within the country. Since tickets issued by BMI will inevitably be issued in the UK (no office in MNL), it does not fulfill the requirement.

If they used to be able to but not anymore, then I'm not sure what has changed. I just remember seeing this restriction on more than one airline...

Comment

It is great that you come to this forum first, but in this case this thread may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ilippines.html

Comment

Virgin fights back (?)

post deleted

Comment

let's hope the merger is delayed as long as possible

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                            post deleted

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                              Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                              +1
                              +31,250 No prizes for guess what that is

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                +31,250 No prizes for guess what that is
                                Nice,...I'm only about +8,000

Comment

Working...
                                X